It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World of Warcraft Conspiracy...Subliminal Messaging & Blizzard gold spammers!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Good find OP

Yes WOW does use subliminal messages

Blizzard RUNS the gold Trade for Sure!

and yes that death message is exactly what you said it is, crazy!

Perhaps we should file a class action lawsuit agianst blizzard demanding 1 free year of pay in repayment for the illegal subliminal mind control tactics they used on us!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

I play WOW because it provides me world where I can escape to and have some fun playing with my friends.

Original Poster, is correct. WoW is probably the most significant mind trap in effect right now.

"Games" is all they are. Yet the USA is at war, right now, did you know that? Do you and your friends in your WoW "adventures", ever discuss the fact that the real world is crap? Probably not, because as this poster says above: "It's about ESCAPE!" (emphasis mine)
[edit on 12-1-2009 by smallpeeps]

Actually i ALWAYS get my guild talking about conspiracies and stuff like that

BTW ive been playing wow for like 4yrs now lol

I have been super bored since lich king came out, cuz everyones been acting real real stupid since it came out

so ive been on ATS and playing other games mostly since then

ALSO, i need to go get another game time card

and trust me, its cuz i need to get my Lunar festival stuff done, it has nothing to do w/brainwashing

it has to do with me beating my friends to the violet proto-drake

ah lol...see it doesnt matter if im brainwashed

my friends Force me to keep playing cuz they need my heals (and im really good at any video game i play)

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

This is about all you need. Its been done in many games and will continue to be done. People use games as a way to escape.

i agree too

i love games and really its a paradox

its an escape

but its a way to connect with many people

its the future

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
my friends Force me to keep playing cuz they need my heals (and im really good at any video game i play)

I can dig being good at games. I am too.

You might want to check out "Ender's Game" and the associated series after that one book. Not sure if you are young, but the idea is that a generation of young innocent gamers, is actually the most fertile tool, for the people in charge of our world.

What is more powerful than a human being? We can affect the whole of the planet with our actions. We can change the world.

So who can blame Blizzard and their employees? The game industry and G4 TV are the hottest thing going now --Especially as the REAL WORLD turns upside down.

Pron, sugar, drugs/alchohol, games, all of these are known to spike when the real world turns to crap. Blizzard is so smart, yet they pretend not to realize that they are dumbing down the US citizen? While I like gamers and I like games, I dislike people who are divorced from reality and particularly if they encourage other people to similarly disconnect from the REAL WORLD.

As powerful as a person's LEVEL 6 million Archmage may be, it's nothing compared to if that gamer would simply go into the REAL WORLD and say, visit with some old people at the old folks home. This will never happen, so the world will probably remain crappy.

It's the opposite of what appears to be true: As humans we are powerful, but in front of our keyboard, less so.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

But I'm addicted to the game so it's not in the sounds, but the game mechanics. I'm a hardcore gamer and played all sorts of games, including flight simulators, racing simulators, FPS, RTS, even had the gaming equipment for a particular game. But nothing is as addictive and personal as wow.

Wow community is like a cult.

same here lol

i love all games so playing wow was just another game, and i never can stand to play 1 game for very long at a time

good games ill go back and play agian tho every once in awhile

i guess im actually the game software industries' ideal customer, ive supported their growth since i was a child , and have probably invested at least a suitcase full of $ lol

if you count every game u played since nintendo/atari days , and every coin u put in a arcade game, that money really starts 2 add up

in 2020 games are gonna be insane tho

[edit on 12-1-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

So who can blame Blizzard and their employees?

haha no one can blame blizzard employees

they are a corporation, by law they are not responsible for the companies decision

"Blizzard" is a legal person , which is owned by a much larger corporation which is also a legal person

but ya, i dont wanna stop playing, but still , any way to complain and get a free 12-24 months sounds very appealing

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I have a Wow friend who is having trouble sleeping without dreaming of a wow-related event, such as a battle, a discussion, etc.. more, he is more than addicted to online games, he plays a french gladiator battle game know as battle-arena.net, and he spends lots of time buying and selling swords, items,...
it looks like the addiction is uncurable, as the other day he took his laptop with him in case he wanted to play...on the beach ! damn blizzard stop that indoctrination !!!!

I hope they won't release a Sci-Fi Wow, in that case I'll be doomed !

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zephyrs
Gold becomes a non factor once reach level cap because all of the best gear is earned through gameplay and can't be bought. Gold sellers target new players just starting the game, not "addicts" who've already hit level cap.

Sorry, you can't even read the dialog in the chat box. What's that video supposed to be about?

[edit on 12-1-2009 by zephyrs]

lol, buying enchants, jems, potions, flasks, ect. can get very expensive at endgame. And buying epic flying mounts can be a pain as well, especially if you have alts.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by smallpeeps

You might need to relax a bit lol. Just because you have a problem with mulitplayer games or whatever doesn't make them bad for others. A lot of people watch hours of TV a day and most don't seem to care. Personally, I'd rather do the same with an online game where my mind is actually challenged and I get to have fun with others. Mmo's can keep your mind going, especially if you are working on endgame content which can be pretty difficult.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by SleeplessInUS
I played EQ for 8 years and now am playing WoW going on two years.

I can understand how a death in Everquest would more likely send someone into a depression/suicidal much much moreso than World of Warcraft. In Everquest back in the day: You die, all your stuff is on your body, you have to pay to get back to it, run around all the nasty bad guys to pull your body to a safe spot, lose experience you'd spent weeks building up, try to get there before your body disappears with all your stuff, and complete these things within a span of two hours if you're lucky enough to find someone to help you out with the recovery. Everquest has since fixed this for the most part but it is a very very frustrating experience.

World of Warcraft, you die, you can either pop back in with a little bit of armor repair bill or a five minute run and resurrect. In-game death is a minor inconvenience at the most.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by saint4God]

Uhh...what?! I don't think a death in EQ would be more likely to send someone into depression or suicide...that is really over dramatic and ridiculous. A lot of gamers enjoyed the challenge that EQ brought, things weren't always easy which is what I loved. Corpse runs were some of my favorite memories actually, trying to traverse the dungeon to recollect your things or hoping a necro was nearby that could summon your corpse. And if you died in EQ, it wasn't that big of an exp loss.

also, I checked the subliminal message after death and I didn't hear anything. I really think its crap to be honest. Do you really think it'd be worth it to Blizzard for this to get out? A lot of people would find it very creepy and leave, and there goes their game and investment.

I highly doubt as well that blizzard is running the gold trade, or is benefiting in any way from it. These people all have bad names and speak horrible engrish. Do you know how easy that info would leak? Besides, there has been many other mmo's out there and none have had the makers seller ingame money. Again, if this got out, a lot of players would leave. Not worth it for Blizzard.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Blizzard very well could be running the gold selling, nice coin for them to make for the over zealous must have people that play. The game is addictive if you are weak minded and cannot regulate the time you play. I have had an active account since release. Before that I played Everquest, Everquest 2, Dark Age of Camelot, Ultima Online. City of Heroes and a couple of others.

For me it is not so much of an addiction as it is a replacement for other things. Instead of going to the bar and spending loads of money to get drunk, or going to go pay for an over priced movie I think 50 cents for 2-3 hours of entertainment is fairly cheap.

I keep playing these games because I have come to know many people and talk with them regularly on VoIP program called Ventrilo.
I will often just log on to talk to them without starting the game.

With the things going on in the world today everyone needs some sort of "ESCAPE" (as if it were so bad). I am not trying to defend Blizzard but anything that anyone does can be classified the same way. You drink alchohol? Then you are medicating yourself so you are less likely to be affected by what is going on. You like to read? OMG you are hiding in a fantasy world that your mind creates as you read!

You like to play XBOX Live? You are paying to play a game!

You like to watch TV or Movies? OMG you are paying to submit yourself to NWO subliminal messaging.

You like to use the cell phone? OH NO you are paying to have the government listen in on your phone calls!!

I can go on and on. Everyone has their vices.

As far as people having dreams about the game...tell them you press Alt+F4. Over exposure to anything will give you dreams about it. Playing for large amounts of time can cause this.

I have been playing Fallout 3 at night, before that I will play Halo 3 with my son. We have a good time with it. Everything in the world is not a conspiracy against you.

When I first came here to ATS I found some great posts that really were well thought out. Lately it just seems like everyone is trying to find Men in Black suites everywhere. I have to go I think I found a spy camera in my wall clock.....

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Proof positive THEY are doing something eeeevil (pinky to mouth)...

just look at my eyes - I'm brainwashed.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

What no obligatory picture of a Death Knight? :p If anything in the WoW universe is evil its those abomination of several classes rolled into one!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
reply to post by Valhall

What no obligatory picture of a Death Knight? :p If anything in the WoW universe is evil its those abomination of several classes rolled into one!

LOL - here here. It's okay, they'll get nerfed.

Nah - I'm a one toon gal. Just a evil ol' bag-o-bones undead warlock.

*pew pew*

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
Uhh...what?! I don't think a death in EQ would be more likely to send someone into depression or suicide...that is really over dramatic and ridiculous.

My point being EQ deaths were way more upsetting
. I had a friend literally jumps up yelling and screaming after a death in the game. I know it brought out the worst in me too. In World of Warcraft, again, death was no big sink in time, experience, gold, etc.

Corpse runs were some of my favorite memories actually, trying to traverse the dungeon to recollect your things or hoping a necro was nearby that could summon your corpse.

As far as gaming memories, these corpse runs were my worst, perhaps because I do not like to waste time unnecessarily and steep penalties because I was disconnected from server or somesuch.

And if you died in EQ, it wasn't that big of an exp loss.

Not at the low levels or these days. Some time ago the penalty for higher levels was pretty darn severe. Two weeks trying to recover experience debt is unacceptable.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Warlocks Pre WoTLK were pew pew. I have put mine on the shelf in lieu of playing a prot warrior of all things, go figure that one.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
Warlocks Pre WoTLK were pew pew. I have put mine on the shelf in lieu of playing a prot warrior of all things, go figure that one.

Well, I'm Affliction/Malediction/Haunt spec'd...so I'm raid assist. I don't bust my bones to get the highest DPS. I like the fact I buff the whole raid group's dps.

DoTs - FTW!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Proof positive THEY are doing something eeeevil...

Actually you've brought up a good example of some of the very sketchy and shady moralities present. There are references to demons, hell, satanism, etc. in the game (as well as there are Christian, Wiccan, Hindu, and other symbolisms as well). They soften it a bit to make it more palatable to the general public, but a little side-by-side comparison makes it evident. A lot more liminal messages in the game than subliminal.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Actually its not shady in the least, it is a classic fantasy-based good and evil system. In fact there is little choice in many matters of which side you take up; In the end you fight the same monsters whether you play Horde or Alliance.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
**sigh** The bible mentions devils and demons as well. Yet another work of fiction that contrasts itself more than anything else in text. Speaks of a "good" god that instructs a man to kill his son. I can see now. We must all sit in the corner with our ears shut, eyes closed waiting on a Giant Planet to come blazing into our planet.....

We should all roll over and die right now.

So no matter what you do there is a conspiracy involved with it, subliminal or liminal messages contained therein.

As far as the demon in game, the warlock summons and controls them. Doesn't make me de-sensitized to it. If something like that were to show up for real, I would take a dump in my pants while running the other way....

Just because it is in a game or a book, doesn't mean it is real. Wake up my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join