It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World of Warcraft Conspiracy...Subliminal Messaging & Blizzard gold spammers!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by B3...

1st trigger:
Come play world of Warcraft (Invitation)
You can buy it by card
Give us your money now
that's right
give us the (your) number

I haven't completely figured this next set out. I will though.

2nd trigger at the end:
Hush now

The recording uses the tonal ramping and other techniques.

I was reading from Rex Research in a list of Patents regarding this very subject. Audio subliminals are preferred since they are considered to be more effective.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I have never played WOW, but I have the intentions of doing so. I'm creating a social network of friends I've served with in OIF, those of us who are gamers of this group will keep in contact and have fun while recreationaly using pot. If there is a subliminal message, I'm not so concerned that it will effect me as much as being shot at or being mortared has. I for one am not concerned, but the topic is fun. Thanks for the posts.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I love RPG's like: Halo, Morrowind, Oblivion, FarCry, Rainbow Six Three, Max Payne, Wolfenstein, Undying, Doom, etc.

Never got into the online games.....too busy with my ATS addiction.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by Monger

Lol yeah...

Whenever my guild is involved in the BG, you can bet most horde characters will be wondering just how good the alliance has become.

We rock.

Yeah, because a PUG x-server BG raid has any chance of winning at all against a Premade with any skill whatsoever. Even horrible premades can roll the other faction with even a small amount of coordination.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
I love RPG's like: Halo, Morrowind, Oblivion, FarCry, Rainbow Six Three, Max Payne, Wolfenstein, Undying, Doom, etc.

Never got into the online games.....too busy with my ATS addiction.

hate to be a stick in the mud, but Halo, Farcry, Rainbow six 3, max payne, wolfenstein and doom aren't RPG's man. All of them but max payne are 'shooter's of the first person variety (as standard).

But Morrowind and Oblivion are RPG's , whilst World of warcraft is technically a MMORPG (massively multyplayer online role playing game)....

Sorry it's ther nerd in me.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
This is coincidental with the sounds. You have to understand that a LOT of people that play World of Warcraft dont speak English as a first language.

It is COINCIDENTAL WITH THE SOUNDS? hahaha.... wrong.

It is human voice, among people on here that believe in EVP, and they can't even believe in a NON-EVP that SOUNDS like an EVP? heh.... it is clearly real, WHO SAYS IT DOESn'T HAVE CHINESE IN THERE? IT MIGHT.

You don't know what lengths a videogame company would go to to get 11.5 million customers worldwide to pay 15 bucks a month, they would pretty much do ANYTHING..

SUBLIMINALS? Well WoW has done it, to say you can know EVERYTHING that is SAID in the SUBLIMINAL I would say your a liar, the words are so mish-meshed that most of them can't even be picked up by the concious ear, the unconcious mind however, can pick up things you'd be surprised, who here has scientifically studied audible subliminals at length? thought so, so unless you have, you pretty much couldn't convince me that the WoW subliminal doesn't work. I'm not saying it does work, I'm just saying it's THERE, listen for a few seconds, it's clearly hearable then it's not very easy to hear at the same time, the words not hearable are the words picked up by the unconcious mind or perhaps they overlapped 52 different languages within the audio loop itself.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
oopsie.
moved to same post below

[edit on 17-1-2009 by undo]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
oopsie.
moved to same post below

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
to me it sounds like the opening passages of Lord of the Rings, as spoken by Galadriel

also sounds like Arwen calling the Ford river to swallow up the 9 black riders when she's trying to get the ailing Frodo to Rivendell

in other words, it sounds like they were trying to duplicate elven speech, either in lament or as a form of spell or prayer.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I had a GF addicted to lineage. There is an actual psych diagnosis for obsessive WOW and Lineage players, and treatment facilities...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

who here has scientifically studied audible subliminals at length? thought so, so unless you have, you pretty much couldn't convince me that the WoW subliminal doesn't work. I'm not saying it does work, I'm just saying it's THERE

Actually I cant hear it at all, maybe we all just have defective hearing and you're the only one who's ears are working correctly. I reckon this is a nice case of parabola for you.

Btw since you haven't scientifically studied audible subliminals at length, how can you say it's even in there? And if its subliminal, how can you hear it? If its subliminal you wouldn't be able to.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja

who here has scientifically studied audible subliminals at length? thought so, so unless you have, you pretty much couldn't convince me that the WoW subliminal doesn't work. I'm not saying it does work, I'm just saying it's THERE

Actually I cant hear it at all, maybe we all just have defective hearing and you're the only one who's ears are working correctly. I reckon this is a nice case of parabola for you.

Btw since you haven't scientifically studied audible subliminals at length, how can you say it's even in there? And if its subliminal, how can you hear it? If its subliminal you wouldn't be able to.

I played the game and heard the subliminal at least 1,000 times before I noticed, but I do remember the first time I heard the spirit-healer I remember as does my gf that we both had a really 'eerie' feeling when we first heard it, both thought nothing of it....

If I could "hear" it, I would've noticed before having heard it so many times, I wasn't "listening conciously" before thats why I didn't hear it, and what I CAN conciously hear is less than 90%, it's true, it might simply be a rip-off of The Lord of the Rings, nice find, WoW has been known to rip-off or be 'inspired' by many sources, but even if it was meant to sound like elvish, it doesn't mean it isn't a subliminal.

I don't really want to discuss the WoW subliminal anymore, you either believe it or you don't, you can either hear it or you don't, you've either played the game or you haven't, you either know about the people that have died due to the game or you haven't.

It's almost as if the wow-sublminal isn't under scrutiny on this thread but that the "reality of audible-subliminals even exist", they do, their not myth.
It's not my field of expertise but I know it's not something to laugh at.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I dont know about subliminal messages being implanted or broadcasted threw world of warcraft but I was a blizzard supporter for a long time before I deleted my account right before that major hack took place a few years back.

Blizzard before it was bought out was a good company back during the days of warcraft 2 not that world of warcraft isnt a good game its the LBO / leverage buy out group that bought out world of warcraft and ran it into the ground that caused alot of people to leave.

When I first started back during the orginial warcraft days you were considered to be lucky to have 56k dial up until warcraft 2 came out and battle net first started up. NCR was responsible for bringing down all of the west coast hackers back in the day when the old battle net was still up and running before blizzard got taken over.

Myself falcon23 aka blackdragon on warcraft 2 girlsplay2, paco and bart ran most of the hackers off u.s. west to u.s east. I took apart my playstation and threw out my games when I found out some of the stuff u.s. gov and the nsa were planning to do with the up coming computers that are coming out.

If they would have taken there technology in a different direction perhaps they wouldnt be facing all of the problems that they are today. I dont even have a computer anymore this one isnt mine. I will say this though I have looked at the converter box for the so called digitial tv age and I would recommend aganist buying one who cares about losing televison they dont broadcast anything worthwhile anymore anyway.

Thats my 2 cents for now.

Falcon

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Subliminal audible messages or not, this game is very addictive. Whenever I play games, I mute all sounds so I could still pay attention to my surroundings - at home, not in the game, eg, phone rings, doorbell, etc..

Despite playing without any sounds, I still got very addicted to this game. But... I'm starting to get bored of it. For a length of time, it's fun to wreck some people's fun, but it gets old fast. Good for me, me thinks.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Wow im rolling my first horde character (yes i went back to playing the game) and ive come to a quest where you have to slay wild lions and harvest their blood to make an [Elixir of Pain] and feed it to a helpless dog....WTF???? AND omg, have you ever seen the inside of Undercity? there is like a Nazi concentration camp underneath where the undead hold humans (children included) and use them for experiments WTF was Chris Metzen and the guys at Blizzard thinking when they made that place?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
www.wimp.com...

We can find words in any group of babbling if we really want...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
look like WoW addictions were around in the 1940's aswel...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515
Wow im rolling my first horde character (yes i went back to playing the game) and ive come to a quest where you have to slay wild lions and harvest their blood to make an [Elixir of Pain] and feed it to a helpless dog....WTF???? AND omg, have you ever seen the inside of Undercity? there is like a Nazi concentration camp underneath where the undead hold humans (children included) and use them for experiments WTF was Chris Metzen and the guys at Blizzard thinking when they made that place?

Yeah, the undead are particularly creepy to appeal to people who like creepy things and those interested in going through heinous acts in the game. There's an edge of comedy with Tim Burton-like designs and 80's B-movie horror flicks incorporated into it to soften the twistedness of the undead. Does it affect people? I think so, though to what degree may vary from individual to individual. I jump on an undead now and then when the mood strikes, but have a long-lasting affinity for the good guys. Underground prisons of humans, experiments and such are a harsh part of our human history...whether it's beneficial to be in the game or not is unknown by me. On one hand we cannot ignore how people are sometimes treated, but on the other we should not grow cold that it is an acceptable part of the scenery.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Hello,

Subliminal messages are messages that the eyes and ears cannot perceive at face value but the mind can and they are stored in the subconcious. This may include a message shown on a frame which is so fast they eyes can't see or in a message that can be heard when you reverse the audio played.

I used to play the game for a bit more than a year but decided to quit one day and I did. From my personal experience but also from RL friends and in game players we used to discuss I can say that there is something more inside this game than is realized in face value. It might be addictive in its nature and made to never end but the grasp it takes on the minds (even those who don't really enjoy playing it so much) is not natural.

I remember the entrance shown on the login screen during the TBC era. 2 demon statues were guarding a portal, a portal that you were about to enter to get into the World of Warcraft. The game is filled with mystical music, item names, occult symbolism and scenery which in a way enters the player's mind while they are playing their character, even if they don't realize it. At times you may find that you are drawn so much into it that you forget who you are and suddenly that place becomes your new domain. It's reasonable for the brain to identify with it and associate places and people as if they are actual characters in life, especially if one spends many hours online every day.

The spirit healer message is not subliminal after you realize it's there but it has taken me 7 months to realize what it's saying because of the music in the background and the blurry sound. If you want to find real subliminal messages beyond any shadow of doubt I would suggest copying parts of audio ingame and especially phrases spoken by NPCs and playing them on reverse. If you can make a phrase out of the reverse message then that is a real subliminal message because you can't recognize it normally but your brain subconciously does (hence the name). Therefore, it goes past your defenses without you judging its validity or acceptance and lays latent in your brain. Later on it may manifest as an inner conflict or an urge to do something.

If you are interested and have time you can try it and I have a feeling that you will discover something out of it.

Regards,

GnosisTruth

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join