It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World of Warcraft Conspiracy...Subliminal Messaging & Blizzard gold spammers!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
For those of you who are unaware what World of Warcraft is, its an online pay-to-play game with over 10million ACTIVE players/accounts world wide, Being a long time gamer myself, I often wonder what make people want to spend a ridiculous amount of money per month for a game that has a really bad rep for being the most addictive game in the world...well in reality it is, it was even voted as the "Most addictive game" at the spike TV awards.

"Play World of Warcraft
Your money is my cure
Give us your money
That's right you customer"

-The words heard by every single person who plays WoW when their character dies, its unavoidable and also unnoticeable.

Could Blizzard, the corporate super giant of the gaming world be implementing subliminal messaging for profit? It really would not surprise me considering what I have seen the game do to some people...Lost jobs, ruined relationships, destroyed social lifes....and yet people still pay to play.
here is an example of "Electronic Addiction" ironically enough its also on WoW.

There are also businesses operating outside of Blizzard to make money in real life from in-game sales; Ie. Items, Bulk gold...This is against the games code of conduct and can lead to account deletion. But in a recent experience my friend had, He purchased around 10,000 gold (Roughly $2-300 AUD) but after buying it he was interrogated in-game by blizzard about where the gold came from, He did tell them...and it led to a 3day suspension, and the Salesman was left untouched! If blizzard become concerned about one person in game suddenly obtaining 10K...how much would the salesman and/or business have to have in stock to sell to the general population?? NONE! because its quite simple, it would cost Blizzard NOTHING to make the money...its all at the click of a button for them, and its FREE MONEY! Besides the $400,000 they make from game time per month they would also have an Unlimited amount of digital currency that they can sell to their subliminal addicted gamers.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Griffo515]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Sounds a lot like how the Federal Reserve makes money out of thin air.

I don't think Blizzard is the one selling the gold, although I wouldn't really be surprised. I'm pretty sure there are companies in china or something that hire people to farm WoW gold which they then sell to players. I think Blizzard has better things to be focusing on, like creating new and more addictive games, than covertly selling gold to the small handful of WoW players who are dumb enough to buy fake money in a fake game.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Your youtube links are 'malformed'

Prob cos you copy and pasted the entire URL in the YouTube video box... you only copy/paste whatever comes after the ='s sign!

^^^ like that

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515
For those of you who are unaware what World of Warcraft is, its an online pay-to-play game with over 10million ACTIVE players/accounts world wide, Being a long time gamer myself, I often wonder what make people want to spend a ridiculous amount of money per month for a game that has a really bad rep for being the most addictive game in the world...well in reality it is, it was even voted as the "Most addictive game" at the spike TV awards.

"Play World of Warcraft
Your money is my cure
Give us your money
That's right you customer"

-The words heard by every single person who plays WoW when their character dies, its unavoidable and also unnoticeable.

Could Blizzard, the corporate super giant of the gaming world be implementing subliminal messaging for profit? It really would not surprise me considering what I have seen the game do to some people...Lost jobs, ruined relationships, destroyed social lifes....and yet people still pay to play.
here is an example of "Electronic Addiction" ironically enough its also on WoW.

There are also businesses operating outside of Blizzard to make money in real life from in-game sales; Ie. Items, Bulk gold...This is against the games code of conduct and can lead to account deletion. But in a recent experience my friend had, He purchased around 10,000 gold (Roughly $2-300 AUD) but after buying it he was interrogated in-game by blizzard about where the gold came from, He did tell them...and it led to a 3day suspension, and the Salesman was left untouched! If blizzard become concerned about one person in game suddenly obtaining 10K...how much would the salesman and/or business have to have in stock to sell to the general population?? NONE! because its quite simple, it would cost Blizzard NOTHING to make the money...its all at the click of a button for them, and its FREE MONEY! Besides the $400,000 they make from game time per month they would also have an Unlimited amount of digital currency that they can sell to their subliminal addicted gamers.

fixed?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Should be fixed now Thank you

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Never heard my character die, I'm usually listening to my mp3 player.
I pay the monthly fee's, that's about it.
I don't really know anone who spends much more, except around birthdays or so for one of those free x amount of time things.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
I don't really know anone who spends much more, except around birthdays or so for one of those free x amount of time things.

Really? walk into a LAN cafe and ask for a show of hands of who knows a good gold sales site for wow...you will be surprised.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I played wow for about 2 years, and quit about three weeks ago. I began to suspect subliminal messaging when i ended up having about 8 wow related dreams since i quit. All of the dreams focused on me reactivating my account.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
I played wow for about 2 years, and quit about three weeks ago. I began to suspect subliminal messaging when i ended up having about 8 wow related dreams since i quit. All of the dreams focused on me reactivating my account.

I quit 3days ago...and the exact same thing is happening to me. Thats most of the reason why im posting on here

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Griffo515]

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
You guys are crazy. Online games are addicting because of a proven formula not because of the stupid death sound you get when running back to your body and most people dont even do that since they get somebody to bring them back to life. I played wow for a few years and quit.

How it works

make a character need to level up. At each level give them something to want or strive for.

Add items that need to be worked towards and make them have different rarity levels.

Make it so the game centers around you bringing friends into it or needing to join a community. By having 24 or 39 other people waiting for you to log in to do something its amazing the amount of pressure you feel.

Always make it have something around the corner, adding new content or changing things that effect the character.

This is about all you need. Its been done in many games and will continue to be done. People use games as a way to escape.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
WhoshotJR,

Im pretty sure your right. About 4 years ago I played it shortly for 2 weeks. Instantly I was addicted. No longer was I 20 year old human, I was a lvl 30 night elf priest. I managed to get in 9 days of gaming out of 2 weeks. Even thou the game was ridiculously repetative, it was still addictive because of all the stuff in it and people continue to be addicted to it because every month new content is made for it, and not to mention rare drops and excetra. I remember having the occasionaly dream after playing it, but i doubt it was because of subliminal messaging.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

Now I don't know if you did this intentionally but I think you should remove the 1st video as it has a subliminal message for someone to commit suicide...

Not a freakin joke...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I play wow with all sound muted, seriously, that's how I want to play it, the sounds are annoying somehow.

But I'm addicted to the game so it's not in the sounds, but the game mechanics. I'm a hardcore gamer and played all sorts of games, including flight simulators, racing simulators, FPS, RTS, even had the gaming equipment for a particular game. But nothing is as addictive and personal as wow.

Good thing I play in a private server so I don't have to pay anything, but I'm thinking of quitting because time is also money :/

Wow community is like a cult.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllTiedTogether

Now I don't know if you did this intentionally but I think you should remove the 1st video as it has a subliminal message for someone to commit suicide...

Not a freakin joke...

Urrr..what? thats the first time I have ever heard that one? Where did you hear that?

As for all of you who think WoW does not implement subliminal messaging, what do you make of the first video?...There is even a video made that somebody recorded a GM admitting it was an intentional message!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

the first video that is presented at the end of the video it has text on the screen that states "If you don't beleive me, go sui... yourself"

Did you watch the link yourself???

That is extremely dangerous for the video to be viewed. Should not be on this board... Just had Dave of ATS talk of this type of thing and we have someone playing games with ATS lives... Not a joke...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Wrong. The addiction stems from the creation of a 24/7 virtual world that continues even when you're not playing (thus making you want to play to see what's going on), simple gameplay with a low learning curve, character progression through leveling, equipment upgrades, etc.. It's the type of game that a casual player can enjoy playing only a few hours per week but at the same time takes a major time commitment when it comes to clearing endgame content.

Blizzard gets paid the same $15 per month from users whether they play 8 hours per day or 8 hours per month. In fact, I imagine that they'd rather have their hardcore players play less so they don't burn through new content too quickly, get bored and move onto other games.

Stories of people losing their jobs and destroying relationships are caused by the people themselves and their lack of self-control. It's not the video game's fault in the slightest. There are many people that they casually. Why aren't they addicted?

Face it. Some people have traits that make the more prone to addiction than others. That's all there is to it. Blizzard allows for caps to be put on the amount of time players are allowed to play per month. Maybe more people should take advantage of that feature..

Edit:

Okay. I watched the second video and the simple solution is to cancel the kid's account. Problems solved. Parents need to stop being afraid of being parents and put their foot down.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by zephyrs]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllTiedTogether

the first video that is presented at the end of the video it has text on the screen that states "If you don't beleive me, go sui... yourself"

Did you watch the link yourself???

That is extremely dangerous for the video to be viewed. Should not be on this board... Just had Dave of ATS talk of this type of thing and we have someone playing games with ATS lives... Not a joke...

Hahaha yea the film makers should have elaborated a little more on that...to go "suicide" means to kill yourself in game so you can hear the subliminal sound being played. A very smart way of doing it, since EVERYONE has to die in the game, meaning EVERYONE has to hear it all the time.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zephyrs

But the audio is right there...blizzard have even admitted to intentionally putting it there, listen to it once and realize its there...from then on, that's all you hear!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

Do you even know what a subliminal message is? That's not a subliminal message. It is very clearly presented on the screen, and it is also very clear what it is referring to. It is telling people to kill themselves in the game to hear the subliminal audio.

Stop being so sensitive.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Really, addiction to a game all depends on the person.... I mean, I know people who are addicted to WoW, but still manage to hold jobs, and sometimes even relationships. lol

I tried to get addicted to WoW, and EverQuest before that. It didn't work, weren't my types of games.

Luckily, the MUD I got addicted to, and a game called KalOnline were free. And, once you reach the max level, and best equipment... it's easy to walk away.

I guess I can see where WoW can string people along for a long time, with constantly-added new stuff.. and constantly new items to strive for.

And yeah, I always loved private servers. I played RebelWoW server until it went down, then never looked back and haven't felt the need to play again.

To all the gamers out there, you rule. Keep gaming, but don't let it ruin your life. Have fun with it when you can. It really is an awesome escape, when you find the game that fits your preferences.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join