Sensory Deprivation

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Sensory Deprivation is obviously used by many different people for different purposes. From solutary confinement to spiritual mind expansion. What do you think about Sensory Deprivation? Beneficial or not?

Could it be used to expand the mind and potientially reach enlightenment?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It is proven that when a sense is cut off, the others do what they can to pull that senses weight. So by all means, yes! i mean, when you meditate, you completely shut out the world around you right? so essentually, you are cutting off all your senses in order to use ones that aren't so easy to pick up on when you're focused on the others.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.crystalinks.com...

Check out the links i've included, and if you're interested look a little further into the Pineal Gland.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
There is a place here in town where I get massages and they have sensory deprivation tanks. The water is so salty you literally cannot sink. I've had some pretty trippy times in there and it always amazes me what you experience when you are in there for about an hour or so. Definitely give it a try if they are available in your area. They call it "floating"

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I like the term "Zero Level External Reality", coined by John Lilly. It can be an incredibly useful and powerful technique. Not without its risks, though.

Hey, look, I found an online copy of Programming And Metaprogramming In The Human Biocomputer! Cool.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidMindset
It is proven that when a sense is cut off, the others do what they can to pull that senses weight. So by all means, yes! i mean, when you meditate, you completely shut out the world around you right? so essentually, you are cutting off all your senses in order to use ones that aren't so easy to pick up on when you're focused on the others.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.crystalinks.com...

Check out the links i've included, and if you're interested look a little further into the Pineal Gland.

I have looked up alot about the Third Eye. I have actually had about 3 different experiences when in complete darkness before going to sleep and seeing a burst of intense white light. I dont know if that was the third eye opening or what.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I have had many experiences
in the sensory deprivation (float) tank - over an 11 year period.

If you can do it enough - it can change your being.

Being deprived of the outside -
makes you friends with your inside.

Can you imagine what this world would be if we all
took the time to completely silence external stimuli?
We would get to know ourselves.
The real ourselves.
And... we would probably stop fighting.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I have looked up alot about the Third Eye. I have actually had about 3 different experiences when in complete darkness before going to sleep and seeing a burst of intense white light. I dont know if that was the third eye opening or what.

It could have been, or something similar... meditating, or opening up one's mind is one of the easiest things to do when you know how to do it. Alot of people don't realize that those moments right before you are completely asleep, when you're sort of drifting between the waking world and the sleeping, is basically a very very deep state of meditation, hypnosis, etc...

Keep looking into it, and let me know what you come up with. And you should absolutely look into a drift tank like mentioned above. It's one of the absolute craziest experiences you could have.

All that being said, please be careful... you only have one mind, please dont damage it by going about all this the wrong way.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidMindset

It could have been, or something similar... meditating, or opening up one's mind is one of the easiest things to do when you know how to do it. Alot of people don't realize that those moments right before you are completely asleep, when you're sort of drifting between the waking world and the sleeping, is basically a very very deep state of meditation, hypnosis, etc...

Keep looking into it, and let me know what you come up with. And you should absolutely look into a drift tank like mentioned above. It's one of the absolute craziest experiences you could have.

All that being said, please be careful... you only have one mind, please dont damage it by going about all this the wrong way.

I have had alot of different things happen when going between being awake into sleep or asleep to waking up. From CEV's to open eye colors glowing. It hasnt happened in awhile. I have read that when you going between concious/sleep your mind enters the "theta" state. I dont know if this has anything to do with it but could be interesting to look up.

I dont have anywhere close that has a drift tank. Is there anything else you could do. I havnt had much luck in meditation though I havnt tried it a whole lot. I kind of tried it myself and was more than likely doing it wrong.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by ClinTrojan]

[edit on 12-1-2009 by ClinTrojan]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Hmmmm... I wouldn't know what else to recommend. You can always try the same concept in just like a really dark room or somewere very secluded. I am in no way an export on the topic, so I think you should probably trust your research more than me, but i have had some pretty crazy experiences while doing this kind of thing.

Just go somewhere quiet and dark, where you won't be interrupted... Get as absolutely comfortable as you can, close your eyes and block out the noises of the outside world, breathe deep, focus, and basically just see where you go! Don't have expectations of what will happen or anything, in fact dont expect anything at all, just be completely and totally open to whatever may happen.

You could always try and consult someone in your local area who could probablyt offer alot of usefull info. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I'm looking into doing it myself, a suggestion I received from a friend was to not go into it expecting too much, not to say nothing will happen its just its best approached without any preconceived ideas about what might happen, just "go with the flow" as it were.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I know drugs are a taboo subject to talk about on here(god knows why, things allot worse are talked about on here) but i have had a few very wonderful experience's.

When just the right dosage is very carefully archived with opiates you can get into just beyond the " nodding" state which i have only been able to achieve once or twice(very dangerous, not far off ODing i would assume.). But i was in full control over my third eye or an extremely lucid dram state where i could manifest whatever i could fathom in my third eye at will, for example if i thought of the number 150 it would instantly appear in my mind with unbelievable clarity. But that was child's play to other things i manifested.

I think this is why salvia and '___' are illegal, because they would allow people to commune too easily with their higher selves and thats a big NONO in the NWOs book.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonro

I think this is why salvia and '___' are illegal, because they would allow people to commune too easily with their higher selves and thats a big NONO in the NWOs book.

Salvia is actually legal in the US in all but 6 states I believe. I know where I live it is legal. I do believe that is why '___' is illegal though. '___' to me is the most interesting drug there is.

I dont think the taboo should be on drugs themselves, but the drugs used for recreation that has given them a bad name.

I was on the vurge to opening my third eye I believe but it has stopped. I dont have nights when im in the theta state before sleep very often anymore. I havnt yet figured out what is the cause of the change. It is very difficult for it to naturally try to open like mine has because of my diet and use of tap water.

exclusive video

new topics
top topics

join