It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nip/tuck = mary hartman, mary hartman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Has any one noticed that Nip/Tuck is the modern day Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman from 1976?

Nip/Tuck was annoying me to the point of going to stop watching it, when it occurred to me that it was Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman redone.

Every thing that can go wrong, does. But not necessarily as one would expect.

They're both soap opera parodies. I wonder if the producers intended it to be so similar. They should get Louise Lasser to guest star.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wookiee

I quit watching after the Carver was revealed. That storyline kept we watching the show, which was approaching the totally unwatchable.

I guess it has its hardcore fans, but I am not one of them. I also quit watching "The Shield" after the fifth season. After Forrest Whitaker left, the only watchable actor was Michael Chiklis. I would check in on an episode, and it the show never seemed to progress.

Edited to add:

While Mary Hartman was a campy take on soap operas in their day, Nip/Tuck is to obscene to really be a self parody. I did love the series "Fernwood Tonight" and its sequel "America Tonight" with Barth Gimble (excellently played by Martin Mull).

[edit on 1/12/2009 by kidflash2008]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It's getting predictable too...

SPOILER>>>>>

The premier episode, I told my wife that Sean would be getting it on with a blonde student they barely even showed... Sure enough, last episode it was on...just like she called Christian sleeping with Roz...

I was more into my book while my wife watched the show... It's just all so weird these days....(giving Christian breast cancer? Huh...??? That's like having Clint Eastwood in a western armed with a Derringer...)

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Sounds little interesting.Do not pay much attetion on it.See it next time

[edit on 3-2-2009 by all4one]

new topics

top topics

join