It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans-Texas Corridor Born Again - IT'S NOT DEAD PEOPLE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I was doing some research when I came upon this I thought everyone should be aware of. It seems like they are trying to by-pass the people of Texas.

This was dated 9 JAN 2009.

Of course the TTC was never really dead. It still existed in the Texas Transportation Code and in the well-laid plans of Texas State officials. But a bill eliminating that entire section of law has been filed. If the bill is passed, TxDOT would no longer have the authority to build the road/rail/utility corridor. So, Governor Perry and his toll road backers have to move quickly.

IT'S NOT DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!

LINK

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Here is something that I find scary......

“We’re talking toll roads. We’re still talking comprehensive development agreements, which allow foreign companies such as Cintra-Zachary to have a huge stake in the future of Texas transportation. We’re still talking massive projects. We’re still talking about the Taking of Private Property

Southwest Farm Press

Of course we have to include some of the people involved........

Perry's "Trans Texas Corridor" would create six-lane highways shooting across the state, north to south and east to west, that loop around the large population centers. He said the loops will reduce congestion and pollution, improve safety and speed up trade routes. The plan includes six rail tracks that Perry said would enhance business opportunities under the North American Free Trade Agreement.

TTC News Archives

And...........

Currently, private firm Cintra Zachry is helping plan and identify solutions to development and financial challenges associated with the TTC-35 corridor. Their work is embodied in a master development plan. This plan is a living document that will be updated over the next 50 years as transportation needs change. Under that same CDA, SH130 Concession Company will design, build, finance, operate, and maintain Segments 5 and 6 of State Highway 130. When complete, this project will be a part of a new, 91-mile tollway providing needed relief to congested I-35 through Central Texas.

Brochure

[edit on 12-1-2009 by tiso_us]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
So people will be able to drive through Texas without having to stop and talk to any of the natives? Surely this is a step forward.

On a more serious note, welcome to the wonderful world of globalisation.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I understand the need for road repairs and such but what Perry and his cronies is trying to do is change the name to something else and hide the facts of who is behind this.

As I type this, the trans - Texas Corridor is still being implemented under the peoples noses.

top topics

join