It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton a GREAT president

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Some here may disagree,but thats whats so great about this country.Our political beliefs should not make us forget that we're all Americans.Thanks Above Top Secret for allowing me to show people that this site is fair & balanced

pearlyabraham.tripod.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Welcome on board romantico!
He wasn't perfect, but in comparing America in the 14 years without him versus the 8 years with him and seeing the stellar gains in those two terms, I got your back!

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong,as a man/husband,I don't really care for him,but as MY President,he did a GREAT job!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I agree. As a man, he made some bonehead blunders over sex. As a president, I thought he was excellent. A lot of the issues I'd been concerned about (environment, social, economic) were making progress. If we had a president that followed his agenda, I think we would be IN the Kyoto treaty and OUT of the war biz. And he managed to move us from a budget deficit to a surplus. Georgie-porgie is going to have us back bleeding red ink in a year.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
ROTFLMAO,

I will reply later when I'm done wiping away tears of laughter.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Welcome to the board. I though Clinton was one of the worst and most corrupt presidents we ever had!

1) The whole Lewinsky scandal. He was a moron to do that, he was a very horny president too.

2.) He lied to America on antional T.V. He was on Larry King I belive, and he was asked if he had sex with Lewinsky he said no.

3.) If it was up to him the millitary would be a rowboat and ten boyscouts. He wanted to cut back so much on millitary funding.

4.) We could have had Osama bin Laden several times while he was in office. First he was captured by rebels and Clinton refuesed to take him in to custody after the bombing of the Cole.

And that Hillary. Can't stand her. She says yes to everything in Congress. Anything the Democrats say she says yes too.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I originally thought Clinton could have been a great leader - he had charm and charisma. As someone here recently said, Clinton liked being president. He smiled a lot and I think sometimes that was inspiring to us all. BUT, I can't overlook the following:

- Lewinsky ( even if you think that isn�t a big deal, you would think the leader of the free world get better piece of tail, he has no taste, lol - not to mention it's hard to respect a married man after such an affair.)
- He was in impeached.
- First President to be disbarred while in office
- �Pardon-Gate�. (Mark Rich most notably.)
- �File-Gate�
- �Travel-Gate�
- �China-Gate" (they have some great technology now, thanks to Clinton)
- Whitewater
- Scores of mysterious deaths, including Vince Foster, McDougal, Commerce Sec. Brown, to name a few. (Try using a search engine and searching for �Clinton Death list, or a variation - and the other threads in this forum)
- I think he had no respect for the Military. Remember the ammo shortages. Not to mention Military personnel on social services, using food stamps, etc. Those who serve us deserve better!
- Largest tax hike in history. (Newt G. predicted a recession because of the tax hike - what economic condition have we been in folks?)
- Didn't take the Sudan up on their offer for UBL.

Some �records� his administration (aka Klintonites) set:
- Most convictions and guilty pleas
- Most Cabinet officials to come under criminal investigation
- Most witnesses to flee country or refuse to testify
- Most witnesses to die suddenly
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad

Overall, he seemed to care more about his popularity and approval rating rather than the country. He left a lot of issues untouched, like terrorism, and we have all seen the effects of letting THAT go untouched.

Clinton's balanced budget/fiscal responsibility - that was the theme of the Republicans 'Contract with America' - yet, Clinton seems to get FULL credit for the economy.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The Clinton's cared about one thing,themselves

As far as they were concerned we nothing but peasants.

Just rember what Hitlary said"we are the president".Power is all they wanted.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Now you boys are just plain stupid, but I mean that in a nice way!

You know every piece of crap you posted, I already posted ample links to refute, prove it wasn't true and nothing more than the politics of personal destruction so favored by the Bush Crime Family; your arses have been soundly beaten on this already and you STILL try to post it as gospel��.they say a working definition of crazy is too do the same thing repeatedly expecting different outcomes each time!

Here we go:
Lewinsky � Republican Icons such as Reagan ( accused with rape, had an affair, had another and married his mistress - that evil little puppetmaster �Nancy) Newt Gingrich ( was a Gold Medal caliber screwer of government staff, married several times and even brought his mistress with him when he dumped a wife�while she was laying sick in the hospital!) and a slew of others, are somehow forgotten. Brainwashed Right Wingers some how don�t know ANYBODY else who�s had an affair!?!? Can you imagine!?!?
The scarey part is that they�ll rip on Monica and yet drool over that Transvestite-twin-to-an-Afgan hound�.Ann Coulter!!

- He was in impeached.
Yeah, for lying about sex�.woooohoooo!

- �Pardon-Gate�. (Mark Rich most notably.)
Nothing about the convicted Felons � Abrahams, Negroponte, Reich and Poindexter that one Bush pardoned and the other one hired, huh? You would think that these criminals who accounted for thousands of deaths, put American soilders at risk � some died, and created world instability, would matter to these boys.

�File-Gate�
Yawn�fully vetted

�Travel-Gate�
Yawn�.fully vetted

�China-Gate" (they have some great technology now, thanks to Clinton)
Classic!! The plans for the Nuke were stolen during the Reagan terms at Los Alomos (Marv Bush�s company had the security contract, by the way), tested During Bush�s term, and it was���.Clintons fault !?!?!?

Whitewater
$70 million of OUR MONEY investigating, Seven Hundred FBI agents taken away from protecting the US because they were looking where Ken Starr told them to instead of chasing terrorists, and what happened ? NOTHING!!! Why? BECAUSE THE CLINTONS ARE INNOCENT!!!!

Scores of mysterious deaths
Yup, that Bush Crime Family has a TON of deaths on their hands.

"For those of you scoring at home, the Clintons have been cleared on Whitewater, cleared on the travel office, cleared on the file matter, cleared on the vandalism, cleared on Madison Guaranty. Cleared on Vince Foster's suicide. The right wing is zero-for-life going after the Clintons. They ought to get a life!"

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Uh, this is a thread about Clinton, BT.

Clinton also was accused of rape, btw.

They were cleared on all those charges because all the witnesses are DEAD, duh.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Yeah, I know, and Ken Starr sniffed those fingers as well!

You think that sodomite would have let Clinton skip if it was true? Come on.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Touch�, BT.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
HOW IS IT THAT NONE OF YOU KNOW WHAT THE BASTARD CLINTON DID BEFORE HE LEFT OFFICE?

He shat on the constitution that's what he did, with one of his last executive orders, he abolished Federalism in the country, stating that while federalism is great for securing the individual freedoms of the citizens of america, states and cities can only excersise federalism, when the Federal government does not choose to intervene, and dictate policy.

Clinton is the most destructive (I'm going to use that term from now on vs. evil, because I don't think these politicians mean harm, they are just stupid and tearing our constitution to peices accidentally), clinton was more distructive than Bush has been so far.

Bush with his Patriot Act does not even compare to CRAPPING ON THE CONSTITUTION!

It figures that the people who think Clinton was a good president, think that the only bad thing he did was Monika Lewinsky, wrongers!

The constitution expressly lays out the powers available to the Federal Government vs. the States, setting up a Federalist nation.

That nation and thus its constitution is now compromised, as Clinton's Executive Order, of which those are unconstitutional too, I don't see why we haven't exploded into civil war just because of Executive Orders, although they got a good raport since Lincoln used the very first one to save the union, but even he hated that, and was going to fix all that and restore the constitution but was shot dead.

Anyways, Clinton's executive order 13000 something, basically said the Constitution is worthless, and that the Federal Government has the last say in ALL decisions of any kind the Federal Government so wishes to intervene on (meaning anything) when it comes to state maters.

Read the constitution again, the Federal Government is not given THAT much power, and any power not given to the government by the constitution, is reserved to the states.

But I suppose it would only be a simple edit, cut out a few pages here and there, and that part isn't in the constitution anymore, and presto, everything is back to being constitutional.

Clinton sucked...if only a great man like Abraham Lincoln or George Washington were in his place.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Furthermore, the fact that most of you DO like Clinton, is only PARAMOUNT proof that none of you know what the hell Rule by Law is or even a DEMOCRACY!

www.humaneventsonline.com...

The first and only lawful executive order was cast by Lincoln in 1861 when congress convened sine dies or basically meaning they convened without rescheduling their next meeting. This effectually meant that Congress left the House, permanently, ending the legislative branch in all of America. (This little bit of history some how escaped the history books in high school though).

This meant that the only way now to pass laws, were through executive orders, lincoln passed his executive order to order the congress back to convention and to call to arms all the state militias, some 75,000 men.

This is the only LAWFUL EO as it is the ONLY EO that had ever been passed, in a state which there was no legislative branch.

Even then Lincoln knew all too well that this EO was a horrible thing, and after the Civil War, he strove hard to restore constitutional law back to the southern states...but he was killed, none of this was ever finished, and nearly 200 years later, EOs are still being cranked out as fast as 1 per week.

So far some 13000+ have been made, clinton contributing 450+ alone which is a record, and every last one of them.

Is a turd on the constitution.

Sincerely,
no signature

[Edited on 23-1-2003 by FreeMason]

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Bush has done a lot more to damage personal freedoms... at least, that's the opinion of a lot of columnists on both the left AND the right. And his proposals (which everyone screams "BIG BROTHER" about) suddenly go away when it's mentioned that Bush wants it.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Can anyone point out some good links regarding the executive orders. possibly a list of them and by whom they were made. I think it woud be very interesting.

thanks in advance

posted on Jan, 23 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Here you go A.....

www.corpust.com...

You can also use google and find a lot of info.

posted on Jan, 23 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Bush has done a lot more to damage personal freedoms... at least, that's the opinion of a lot of columnists on both the left AND the right. And his proposals (which everyone screams "BIG BROTHER" about) suddenly go away when it's mentioned that Bush wants it.

Well if Clinton had done his job in the first place 9/11 may never have happened. The fact that it did, is why Bush is able to push through legislation limiting personal freedoms. And maybe with the last 18 months this may in fact be needed. The problem is will the Government ( Democrat or Republican ) give back these freedoms once the world is at peace ?

All becuase Clinton wanted the illusion of smooth sailing. He was too vain, although very smart and full of charisma.
If Clinton had Bushes ' balls ' then he could have been great.

posted on Jan, 23 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Well if Clinton had done his job in the first place 9/11 may never have happened. The fact that it did, is why Bush is able to push through legislation limiting personal freedoms. And maybe with the last 18 months this may in fact be needed. The problem is will the Government ( Democrat or Republican ) give back these freedoms once the world is at peace ?

All becuase Clinton wanted the illusion of smooth sailing. He was too vain, although very smart and full of charisma.
If Clinton had Bushes ' balls ' then he could have been great.

Bull#! ClintonDID in everyway possible when it came to terrorism safeguards! It was Bush who called off all FBI investigations into anything Saudi as soon as he took office. It was Bush who failed to implement anything from the Hart/Rudman bipartisan report on airline safety. It was Bush who comletely ignored terrorism till after 9/11; his Justice Department didn't even have terrorism in their top ten priorities....but prostitution & medical marijuna were!

Bull#! There is no logical bridging to the actions enacted under Bush to eradicate personal freedoms with MAKING US SAFER! Knowing the groceries I purchase on my Visa does not make the USA safer! Knowing what books I check out of the library does not make the USA safer!

Bull#! Bush has a set of 'ball'? That deserter who should have been shot for going AWOL during war time? That coward who ran all over the country hiding on 9/11? That coward who does not speak unscripted to the American people on ANYTHING? That phoney sympathy on 9/11 after his country was attacked and thousands murdered, he could not even speak from the heart and had to read from a script? That Silver Spoon sucking-failed-at-everything-daddy bailed me out-miscreant-who-never-had-to-work-for-anything-in-his-life, has 'balls' to you? Because he's so utterly retarded he can only speak in slogans?

posted on Jan, 23 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH ..... Clinton fumbled the ball on many occasions, he wanted to save face at any cost. I am not saying his economic domestic polocies weren't sound. But, when it comes to international policy, he gets an F. This terrorism threat could have been nipped in the bud, if only he had be willing to confront it. Instead, he stood by why the US suffered attack after attack, and replied with ineffective action. He just wasn't willing to commit fully to combatting this threat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join