It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever *needed* spiritual guidence... and NOT received it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
There have been two or three times where I felt essentially in a panic with my life and badly wanted guidance of some sort. I mean to the point where I was practically in an anxiety attack mode. I then looked to my source of spiritual guidance in a nearly random way, and found absolutely and precisely some words that exactly apply to my situation.

I won't say exactly what the situations were. But imagine you are going to for example go rob a bank (and that wans't my situation) and you say out loud... oh this is such a great idea... I'm sure of it... but I'll check with my source of spiritual guidance and see what they say. You then check your book basically at random and the source says something like "you may chose a path of evil but expect to join in their punishment when the time comes due".

These are situations where I was at a critical juncture in my life and basically "demanding an answer", where that answer would dramatically change what I did next and no answer would also dramatically change my life but in a very different way. Basically they were situations where its like I was "starving for guidance" and needed "spiritual food" for my very life to continue. And in the approximately three cases... I received a direct answer where I really needed one. In the most dramatic case it strongly felt like the book I was consulting almost forced itself to a certain page!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Wow, I think there is some truth to what you have said. Reflecting back on myself, when I was most desperate and open minded an answer suddenly appeared within me. I guess I was in a similar situation. I was contimplating suicide and I was absolutely miserable, but then I decided there must be something more. Something is not right. There is something missing. So I pretty much kept that in mind and set off everyday like some sort of quest. I didnt know how, I didnt know where, and I didnt know what the hell I was looking for. I just needed something. Some sort of guidence or direction. Some sort of truth to escape my eternal confusion and helpless damnation.

Then I had the most profound spiritual revelation of my life. Now I know that I am being taken care of. Not from something outside of me, but by being in this new position inwhich I stand.

new topics

join