It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop calling people sheep.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
A lot of the people who you call sheep are very smart. I know they have been lied to before and I know you know that and they know they have been lied to before too. They just have so much going on in their lives that they can't pay attention to politics and what's going on as much as we can and they can't think as much as we can about conspiracy theories because their time is preoccupied with many other things. These people aren't sheep. Some of them are... but the majority of them aren't. I've met plenty of people out there who are aware of what's going on, and, who actually can think... it's not that they're sheep it's that they are invested with other things.

Why must you (for those of you that do) insist on calling other people sheep? Not everything is a conspiracy theory... I just find it odd how a lot of professional conspiracy theorists will call normal people sheep when they probably don't know how they think themselves and have probably been rejected by them and are probably social outcasts... it's okay to be a conspiracy theorist... I don't go around calling people sheep all the time. I know better than to call millions of people who I don't know the name of an animal.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
If you think about it, both sides are “sheep”

You have the people who believe the official stories – these people are “sheep” because they follow the government and media etc.

You then have the people who believe the conspiracy theory – these people are “sheep” because they follow conspiracy websites and youtube videos.

So who really is the sheep? They’re all following something.

Mikey

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Well techinically the reason why we call them sheep is exactly the reason you gave against it. THEY"RE TOO WORRIED ABOUT THEY"RE TRIVIAL LIVES!

it's not that they're sheep it's that they are invested with other things.

They should not worry about the stupid things like they're television and they're cell phones and be active in the important aspects of a society which are politics and what's going on the world.

The people i call sheep are the ones who are in they're own little delusion the media and the government have given them, and are content with they're over-consuming lives.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I just call them people that are asleep.

However I've refered to people as sheep before, but I realize that's kind of an insult.

So I like to refer to these people as sleeping... or those that need to WAKE UP!!!!

(Oh and BTW... I've come to the realization that we kinda need people to stay asleep, because once the masses do finally wake up, and I mean really wake up.... you can expect all hell to break loose.)

But I agree... we need to stop using the word sheep. In fact, I'm jealous of these people we tend to identify as sheep... ignorance is bliss.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I understand your point, We have to have a name for the people though. Its just easyer to say sheep than to say, the people that dont see whats going on. I didnt make up the term sheep, I just have always known that to be the term. Also when I personally refer to sheep, I mean the people that have 100% no idea about whats going on, They live in a perfect world where nothing will ever go wrong, and fully trust the government. Im open to new names, Ill have to think of some.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
The people i call sheep are the ones who are in they're own little delusion

That can be said for both sides.

People who believe in official stories and people who believe in the conspiracy, they are more alike than you think.

Mikey

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

It makes you think that these professional conspiracy theorists like Jordan Maxwell are being hypocrites... they're bashing society... yet they're using many of the things that society gives them. It's funny. The official story isn't always a lie but when it is the truth professional conspiracy theorists call foul, or make up their own explanation for things, and, when the official story is a lie, they try to figure out it is a lie... so and conspiracy theorists blame normal people for faults of the world and their interpretations of things... yet all of their information is from the MSM or some history books that regular people read too... so it makes you think that professional conspiracy theorists are hypocrites for not being thankful to society.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Tell you the truth i don't really believe in anything. I have some firm beliefs of what DID not happen, but really don't know what HAPPENED.

Nor does anybody else, it's just intellectual conversation at the end of the day.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Mikey84

Tell you the truth i don't really believe in anything. I have some firm beliefs of what DID not happen, but really don't know what HAPPENED.

Nor does anybody else, it's just intellectual conversation at the end of the day.

Exactly.

I think if you want to define a true “Sheep” it would be the people at both ends, the ones who believe in all conspiracies and the ones who don’t believe in any conspiracies – because both are following something, whether it’s Fox or Michael Moore.

Everyone else falls in the middle, these would be people who believe in some conspiracies, some official stories, people who question and people who look for answers – I’d say this describes most people on ATS.

Mikey

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Star and flag there Mikey, you made a great point. We seem to be a group in the middle here on ATS your correct.

Bill Maher said it best in Religulous---

" I Preach The Gospel Of I Don't Know !"

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
We have to have a name for them? Why? Why not just call them people?

I think of sheep as anyone that blindly follows something. I've been one before and I am pretty sure every person here has been as well. There is no reason to not look for answers but some people will believe anything. I am toaly with Mikey here. They are on both sides. I swear some people will believe anything the media says. On the other hand I also swear some people will believe any conspiracy because the big bad government is after us!

Let it go folks. Live your life how you feel comfortable and quit judging others.

-Kyo

new topics

top topics

join