It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new world after 2012 in political sense

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Yes, I believe that after 2012, in the year 2013, the world will not be the same anymore. But this will be not because of aliens, new planet, new consciousness, or any other unexpected or sudden metaphysical event. We are already in the process to this historical change. Look what we are experiencing right now: global economical crisis; gas supply problem between russia-ukraine and europe; water,oil and gas problem; war in gazza which unfortunatly destined to spread and both local and global violence rising everywhere, rising of extremism of any kind etc... Are all of these not enough sign that we will or must be in a very new era, where all will go bottom or will be solved? It seems Mayans were right in the sense they saw this misery of earth and ended their calendar. Now it is up to us, what will happen next.
I wish we will find the correct way of understanding each other, establishing a new way of economy and living which is not based on supression and exploitation of others. In this sense 2012 gives me a hope that it is on our hands what will happen next: doomsday or a new way of life where we define being human again and give to the humanity her dignity back.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by deccal]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
By your logic, the world should have gone through countless "Great Changes".
How about the 30s and 40s with the great depression and WW2?? Gaza is nothing compared to ww2, and the great depression was just as bad. Or even the Cold war when everyone was expecting ww3?
Though I would like for something great to happen at 2012, the signs we are seeing are nothing special.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by Uncovered]

join