It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rights group: Israel uses incendiary bombs in Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Rights group: Israel uses incendiary bombs in Gaza

news.yahoo.com

Human Rights Watch said Sunday that Israel's military has fired artillery shells with the incendiary agent white phosphorus into Gaza and a doctor there said the chemical was suspected in the case of 10 burn victims who had skin peeling off their faces and bodies.
(visit the link for the full news article)

MOD Edit and Note: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalize it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted.

[edit on 1/11/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I guess this is the escalation they were warning of.

A modern day equivalent to napalm, this stuff is nasty.

It literally melts the skin and underlying flesh off the body.

It is a wonder chemical weapons (OMG WMDs! Where is Bush calling for international condemnation now?) such as this aren't outlawed by international conventions.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/11/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Why not? Might as add this to the growing pile of war crimes :shk:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I don't think this was willy P. White phosphorus is legal as long as it not used on humans. White phosphorus will eat through metal in seconds, I watched it. So I'm not so sure about it making skin peal off of faces. Willy P is not going to make skin peal off faces. It will eat through a face like butter melting but making it peal, I dunno. To be honest, if somebody was report that white phosphorus was used then they would have to have seen it be used before, on humans. Anything other than that would be a guess.

Chemical weapons like this are outlawed in international conventions. It is highly unlikely this was white phosphorus.

The chief doctor at Nasser Hospital in southern Gaza said he treated several victims there with serious burns that might have been caused by phosphorus. He said, however, that he did not have the resources or expertise to say with certainty what caused the injuries.

Your source

There are many types of bombs that could burn a person, classifying one as a certain chemical when you are not qualified is outrageous. Especially when that chemical is banned for use against humans.

Israel has no need to use willy P in the Gaza. If it was artillery I am willing to bet there would be more victims. I have worked with artillery so I know a bit about it. It's a nasty chemical, I would rather be killed instantly by a normal bomb than burned by willy P.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
WP is not in violation of the Geneva Accords. I used to use it to clear out bunkers. The US has grenades that are WP.

WP artillery rounds are also used to mark and register impact areas, enabling artillery to adjust fire. It's also very effective against flammable structures.

So Israel is using WP?

So?

top topics

join