It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Five Discussion...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Is Ben's true intention of getting them back to the island so they will die?

Not looking for spoilers, just curious on what some of you guys think. I love how that character always has his secrets, even as he discloses his information.. only lets you see what he wants.

If going back to the island will ultimately kill you and Ben is somehow adamant that they must return.. 1+1=2?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ok, so Sawyer is bleeding now, but some of the other survivors arent. Does that mean that Sawyer has been on the island before too?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I think Sawyer's bleeding just means that it's starting to affect that group now too... It's a by-product of the consciousness time travelling... My guess is that being on the island (and its curious time properties even before the donkey wheel was turned) previously just makes others more susceptable to it....

I don't think Ben wants to kill them. If that was the goal, he would have done so ages ago. In fact, I don't think he can kill them (i.e. the gun would jam, etc.), just as they can't kill him (Sun's gun would have jammed, just like Michael's when he tried to off himself)... Hawkings' "course corrections" won't allow it...

Weird though...Entertainment Weekly pretty much blatantly mentioned that one of the group on the island would die in that episode, and Charlotte was pretty much the front runner for it (and she died). Odd that they'd leak a spoiler like that one....

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Another great episode! So have they all made it back to the island? What's up with Jin working with DHARMA? Can Ben really be trusted? What happened to Aaron? Like always, many more questions. Gotta love it! Here is the trailer for the next episode, "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham." Looks like Locke is alive after his body is brought back to the island. I wonder who is in the room with him when he is about to hang himself. And why does Widmore want Locke to go back to the island?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Seems like the guitar Hurley wa carrying on the plane and on the Island was the same case we saw a few episodes ago on the beach along with the water bottle from the airline they were on, how does this add up? Also, I think Ben either killed Penny or attempted to and was pummeled by Desmond. We obviously know now that a time flash and not another crash brings them back, but still, wouldn't the other passengers experience the same flash? I'm sure we will find out the other backstories(Hugo, Sayid etc...) of how they ended up on the plane, so not much reason to speculate on that, but two new characters from this episode that I believe will have some sort of impact will be Jack's grandfather and the guy behind Jack in line at the Airport....guess we will see!!....All in All another Great episode!!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I think the guy behind Jack was a nod to Sayeed saying the same thing when Jack took the Oceanic flight. It represented how many parallels there were with this flight and the first flight....

I love the "lamppost" station Mrs. Hawking used...another homage to Narnia no doubt...

I'm thinking the ghost of Charlie told Hurley to go, and bring the guitar case.

I'm also thinking Claire's mother may be watching Aaron, and it was a hard decision for Kate, but one she felt she had to do. Kate may be pregnant with Jack's child from the night before or prior...thus recreating Claire's pregnancy.

I wonder if Ben succeeded in his threat to kill Penny, Desmond beat him to a pulp, etc. That would explain both issues...

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You are good. ...almost too good?

Really enjoyed last night's episode. I find myself much more intrigued by this season than the previous.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well, they're all guesses...hehe...

Back when this whole thing started (and there are post histories to support it), I pretty much stated it was going to be based on Montauk-like experiments, and so far, that basic idea seems to have panned out...

Mrs. Hawking actually spilled alot...she mentioned the equation, though not by name (Valenzetti Equation from the Lost Experience game)... The premise being that this equation pinpoints the exact extinction time of man, and the Dharma Initiative's purpose is to change the factors enough to prevent it...but reportedly, it failed, and the numbers always bear out...

She also hinted at magnetic ley lines and nexus points (examples include the Bermuda Triangle, etc.), and indicated the roving island was a strong nexus point. The lines and nexuses (where many lines cross) were shown on the globe floor under the pendulum.

I'm thinking that the bit with the number entry and the Swan station, was that the Dharma Initiative capped part of the island's power and while capped, the island was somewhat removed from normal time/space and it's normal movement through it. Desmond's pressing of the button was what allowed the island to continue it's natural "course" so to speak (so was important, so the island could be found again)...while Ben's moving of the Donkey Wheel merely accellerated it a bit. Of course, all a guess...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Good Call on the guy behind Jack inline at the airport, didn't even think of that! Good call on your other theories as well!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Thanks! To be fair though, I think that things coming together and more revealed in each episode is allowing for more accurate piecing together of things....

It seems like the past few shows were pretty predictable (to a degree), and even my wife would go, "how'd you guess that?"

Of course, I could be completely wrong too...they're still just guesses... I wish I had the time to go through the DVDs of the past seasons...and look for things I've missed... I have the DVDs, just never the time to watch them... I can imagine there are quite a few.

Guess now we know where the Ajira Airlines water bottle came from that were by the canoes, huh?

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Very interesting theories, Garza. I think you may be right about most, if not all, of them. The Kate being pregnant thing makes sense too, since they had to try to recreate the first flight. Charlie's guitar w/Hurley, Kate possibly pregnant, Locke replacing Christian, Sayid in Kate's place with handcuffs, etc.

One thing I noticed in the preview for next week's episode is that a man was kneeling next to Locke when he was getting ready to hang himself. I only caught a glimpse of it, but I didn't recognize who he was...

As for Ben, he more than likely got his arse kicked by Desmond for attempting to kill Penny. If I remember correctly, though, on the phone Ben said things hadn't gone as well as hoped so I guess he didn't actually kill her. I figured that he would have killed her, then ran away to the island, and Desmond would have to follow him there to take revenge (guess that's not gonna happen though!)

I didn't see this mentioned so I'll give my own thoughts on this...the scene with Jack's grandfather had to have been relevent, right? He's always hoping to go to a better place. Maybe Gramps had been to the island before...Jack's family might have some kind of deep connection with the island, which could explain why I think Jack is Jacob in some way or another. And Mrs. Hawking told him he had a grander purpose..

Last idea haha. I can't decide why Jin is working for Dharma...either when Locke left via magic wheel the time jumping stopped and Jin et. al. decided to settle in with them for food and shelter, etc. ORR maybe the flashes kept occuring and the main constant is Dharma, so without their leader Locke, the group left behind knew that the best way to survive was to dress as Dharma Initiatives.

I rambled on too long, forgive me.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
There are a few real life coincidences too.
I was thinking the guy behind Jack looked really familiar, but now I think I know where I've seen him before, I think he was the Iraqi torturer guy in the movie Three kings. It's funny how Sayid also tortured people.

Anyway in real life the guy behind Jack his name is Said haha, but he is Moroccan, not Iraqi

And Sayid in real life is actually Indian.

So none of them are Iraqi really haha.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I think the guy behind Jack was a nod to Sayeed saying the same thing when Jack took the Oceanic flight. It represented how many parallels there were with this flight and the first flight....

Like Sayid was handcuffed, the same way Kate was handcuffed in the first flight? Why was Sayid handcuffed anyway?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Like Sayid was handcuffed, the same way Kate was handcuffed in the first flight? Why was Sayid handcuffed anyway?

I couldn't figure that one out...with all the people Sayid has killed, I would think it would take a lot more than one woman to restrain him. I really have absolutely no idea as to what could have happened to allow him to be taken practically willingly.

That's interesting about the real life coincidences, I hadn't known any of that before!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

Yes there must be a reason for that.

By the way the Moroccan guy is going to be in the next episode.

Which means it's possible even he will end up on the island, for at least one episode. So we might get to know a bit about this character.

Unless of course he is only in the credits because he's shown in some flashback or something.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Just seen the promo for next week.

Loving the half beard from Jack lol. Half way there haha.

I saw the man where Locke is hanging himself, and I have no idea who it is, he seems to have curly hair. But it was hard to see.

I think it was Ben. That would make sense. He's always lying, he said he didn't know Locke killed himself, but I bet that was ben watching locke die lol.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I imagine that he and the woman with Sayid will be pretty active at least in the upcoming couple of episodes. You see the woman talking to Locke in the preview for the next one, so it'll definitely be interesting.

The plane was going to Guam right? I can't imagine why Sayid, if detained as it appeared, would be taken to Guam...why not Iraq or back to America? I have to stop guessing or my brain will melt, hopefully that'll be answered in the next episode, although unlikely since it appears to be mostly about Locke.

Edit to add: You're probably right, I haven't seen the back of Ben's head much but that makes the most sense. Knowing Ben, he was probably the one who convinved Locke to commit suicide in the first place.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Alexander_Supertramp]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
LOL yeah too much guessing gives me a headache!

Originally posted by Alexander_Supertramp

Edit to add: You're probably right, I haven't seen the back of Ben's head much but that makes the most sense. Knowing Ben, he was probably the one who convinved Locke to commit suicide in the first place.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Alexander_Supertramp]

Maybe! Now I can't wait just to see what happens! It's the episode I've been waiting for since the beginning of this season.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mitch Khumstein

I believe Sayid beat up Ben.

Then Ben called the authories on Sayid.

Away to get Sayid to go back to the island.

We dont know for sure if Desmond took his boat there
or flew to LA.

Ben being down by the ocean was a clue but Lost might
be playing with us on that.

One thing that bothers me is that Jack didnt even say
anything to Ben about his face and broken arm.

Even big mouth Hurley didnt say anything and he hates
Ben. You would of thought he make a wise crack about
Bens face.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This really gets me. They aired the episode 3:16 in the United States on February 18th. Can anyone guess how many days is left in this year? If you've guessed 316 days then you're right.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join