It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Five Discussion...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I thought last night was another great episode.

Was it just me or was Kate absolutely jaw-dropping last night?

Yes good use of makeup there!

Jin is alive, I thought so! He sure is going to be confused lol.

Sun is going to do something she regrets!!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I thought last night was another great episode.

Yes it was. I am just having trouble getting the times right. I might have to view each episode multiple times .

Was it just me or was Kate absolutely jaw-dropping last night?

It's funny you say that. I actually thought she had a bit of gray hair in the scene where she dropped off Aaron at Sun's place. It was just a lighting thing, though.

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Jin is alive, I thought so! He sure is going to be confused lol.

Sun is going to do something she regrets!!

Wasn't that a shocker!? That was awesome! I didn't see that coming. And what about Rousseau and her team? I saw that coming after Locke mentioned the French writing on that crate at the crash site, but I wasn't sure, as the group looked like young musicians. I always thought they were scientists or something. In a deleted scene from season one, Rousseau tells Sayid that her team was studying time before they crashed, I think. Since this was a deleted scene, I guess we can rule that out, though. Actually, looking at Lostpedia, Rousseau was part of a science expedition (I must have forgotten that bit). I liked how Sawyer saw Kate and Claire. Oh yeah, what about those guys that are going to come to the island in the future? Also, we now have a new player here (Ajira Airways). Is it safe to say that Charlotte and Miles were on the island before? So many questions (as usual)! Here is the trailer for the next episode, "This Place is Death."

Check out this site for great screen grabs (I don't know how I forgot to mention this site before).

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Wasn't that a shocker!? That was awesome! I didn't see that coming. And what about Rousseau and her team? I saw that coming after Locke mentioned the French writing on that crate at the crash site, but I wasn't sure, as the group looked like young musicians. I always thought they were scientists or something. In a deleted scene from season one, Rousseau tells Sayid that her team was studying time before they crashed, I think. Since this was a deleted scene, I guess we can rule that out, though. Actually, looking at Lostpedia, Rousseau was part of a science expedition (I must have forgotten that bit). I liked how Sawyer saw Kate and Claire. Oh yeah, what about those guys that are going to come to the island in the future? Also, we now have a new player here (Ajira Airways). Is it safe to say that Charlotte and Miles were on the island before? So many questions (as usual)! Here is the trailer for the next episode, "This Place is Death."

Check out this site for great screen grabs (I don't know how I forgot to mention this site before).

Hmm yeah, if I recall correctly...her friends are supposed to go crazy and die because of some sort of illness. I wonder if Jin will be affected?

I don't think they were musicians, they had guns, and I think the musician looking case was carrying a gun too.

Yes I believe Miles and Charlotte have been on the island before.

Since episode one of this season, I've been thinking that Miles is the son of the Asian man in the Dharma Videos!! Do you think I'm right?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Lost is absolutely amazing.
I have never been so "in love" with another show before

season 5 started off GREAT!
oh i bet alot of you guys know this site but for those who dont :
spoilerslost.blogspot.com...

oh and it was great seeing Jin back alive ,how i missed that guy,made me feel like the good ol' lost episodes

Next weeks episode..should be good,I cant wait to see more of frenchies

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Locke23]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I don't think they were musicians, they had guns, and I think the musician looking case was carrying a gun too.

Yeah, I thought it was a case for a guitar or something.

Since episode one of this season, I've been thinking that Miles is the son of the Asian man in the Dharma Videos!! Do you think I'm right?

Yes, I think you are right.

Originally posted by Locke23
Lost is absolutely amazing.
I have never been so "in love" with another show before

season 5 started off GREAT!

Yes 'Lost' is and yes the season started off great!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I can't think of any other reason the producers would show that scene (with him and the baby), unless to put there as a red herring...

I'll have to agree as well. Entertainment Weekly has some good LOST tidbits in it's issue....in the main story.....

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm wondering what happens when they run into their other self? Will it be WTF?, Oh, hello there or what? I still think those whispers are remnants of the past and future.

Also can a message from the past manifest itself in the future like it did with Desmond? Remember Daniel told him to go find his mother at oxford in the past in the hatch, but it just waited for the right time in the future to go into Desmond's thought process. Desmond's son was like three years old before that message got to him again. Almost like it teleported into the future to that exact moment. So should they leave messages in the past for their self to change the future? Yeah! I'm still "LOST".

[edit on 2/9/2009 by Solarskye]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Also can a message from the past manifest itself in the future like it did with Desmond? Remember Daniel told him to go find his mother at oxford in the past in the hatch, but it just waited for the right time in the future to go into Desmond's thought process. Desmond's son was like three years old before that message got to him again. Almost like it teleported into the future to that exact moment. So should they leave messages in the past for their self to change the future? Yeah! I'm still "LOST".

My guess is that this was a BIG clue as to how the show is handling time travel...

In other words...all the show's timelines are basically concurrent (in a sense)...
Think of the timelines as separate, but still travelling along in a linear sense... Then, when a change happens in one...that change instantly affects all the other timelines to account for the new information...

So, the moment Faraday spoke to Desmond, this new change then instantly affected Desmond on all timelines.

Of course, it gets weird....

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
i hope this show isnt going to end in a stupid cop out. they seem to be going with time travel alot and that can always lead to cheap writing

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Oh yeah, what about those guys that are going to come to the island in the future?

I think that was them, they made the boats and when they stole their own boat they began shooting at them selves.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So if we see someone go to the island from India, may have our culprits...

i hope this show isnt going to end in a stupid cop out. they seem to be going with time travel alot and that can always lead to cheap writing

Time travel has always been a part of the show, just more subtly such as the Mittelos Institute...Mittelos is an anagram for "Lost Time"...

I'm even thinking that those unexplained skeletons in the cave originally won't be unexplained for long...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
Also can a message from the past manifest itself in the future like it did with Desmond? Remember Daniel told him to go find his mother at oxford in the past in the hatch, but it just waited for the right time in the future to go into Desmond's thought process.

I don't think that the memory "waited for the right time" to show up (although this makes sense). I think that when Daniel talked to Desmond at that moment in the past, during that exact moment in the future (which is really the present, in terms of the show's plot), the memory was created for Desmond, that is, for some reason, Desmond didn't have that memory the whole time leading up to when he seemingly first got the memory. Get it? If not, let me try again. Time is a line, so let's use A, B, and C to label different points in time. A will be the past, B the present, and C the future. Daniel changed the past, A, in a specific instance, and it affected the specific instance in the future, C (not B, the present). Maybe I just made it more confusing (I hope not)!

Originally posted by Gazrok
So, the moment Faraday spoke to Desmond, this new change then instantly affected Desmond on all timelines.

Yeah, something like that.

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Have faith. I fear this a bit, however, too.

Originally posted by Chukkles
I think that was them, they made the boats and when they stole their own boat they began shooting at them selves.

That would be crazy! I don't know, though. I think the guys were all wearing black, so I'm thinking they're a specific group of baddies or something.

So if we see someone go to the island from India, may have our culprits...

Yup.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles

That would be crazy! I don't know, though. I think the guys were all wearing black, so I'm thinking they're a specific group of baddies or something.

Watch it again, They weren't wearing black, they were purposely blacked out so you couldn't identify them (they made it look like they were too far away to recognise but they were blacked out).
This is the only reason I thought it maight be their future selves, we weren't able to see them for a reason.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
New episode tonight! Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
What a cool episode! We saw the Temple a bit, found out what happened to Danielle's team (well, not exactly), Charlotte is dead (and she was on the island previously, and so was Daniel), and Locke moved the island and has been transported to the future (which is the present time), or, at least, that is what we can assume from Christian's words. What did you all think of this episode? Of course, though, now we have lots of new questions (as always), but that's okay. Discussion is great! The preview for the next episode, "316," looks crazy!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Well, we also confirmed some suspicions....
Faraday's mom is indeed Ms. Hawking.
Charlotte was part of Dharma as a child.
We know what the "sickness" was Danielle spoke of...(i.e. the monster changing them)

The trick now is how do Kate and Sayeed get to the island (can't remember if Hurley was with them)...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Here is the trailer for the next episode, "316." It looks like maybe Jack, at least, makes it back to the island. Maybe he is even transported to the island somehow. This is getting very interesting!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

, Charlotte is dead (and she was on the island previously, and so was Daniel),

Yes Daniel has been there before, but not exactly.
I assumed the man she was talking about was him now, probably going to find her as a child and warn her to not come back or she's going to die.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

The trick now is how do Kate and Sayeed get to the island (can't remember if Hurley was with them)...

Hurley was in prison, but ben got a lawyer, who should get him released...to be continued..

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Hurley was in prison

Yep, forgot that...

Should be interesting to see how Ms. Hawkings gets them to the island

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join