It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Five Discussion...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
D***it!!! They aren't showing the episode tonight until 1:00 a.m. here because of the UNC-FSU game. Oh my god.
North Carolina programming at its finest.

Edit to bleep obscenities and to introduce myself. I had heard of the show but I don't watch TV much so I had never watched an episode before until I saw a preview for the new season and decided to cram all 4 seasons over the course of about a week. Naturally, I hadn't known the experience of extreme expectation that comes from watching this show on a weekly basis, and I was quite looking forward to sitting down and eating my popcorn (which I had already made before knowing Lost would get canned for a game which we all know will be won by those insanely cocky Chapel Hill fans). I now have more reason to despise all things Tarheel, and I hope ABC didn't decide to move the show 4 hours later everywhere!

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Alexander_Supertramp]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
SPOILERS (as if this isn't the thread for it)...

Well, a lot of questions answered last night...like why the Others accepted Locke, why Richard visited Locke as a kid, and Richard's interest in him. We also now know more about Whitmore's interest in the island...seems like the show is getting it's groove back....

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Yes great episode, I really enjoyed that one.

Anyone else thought that girl with the gun was REALLY cute!? She looked even cuter trying to act tough haha.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
tell me Penny doesnt have an agenda with that look in her eye at the end. She is so involved one way or another. I thought it was funny when "Elle" says to Faraday "Why do you keep looking at me like that"? ....
gee, i wonder why....

After what he did to that poor girl?

AND, not only was he getting rats to timetrip, he got that girl to timetrip

guys, I just walked over four fresh graves of american soldiers, three which were shot in the head and one with radiation sickness...

awesome.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I did notice that on this new episode that Desmond called the baby Charlie. Anybody else catch that? Have I missed a discussion about Desmond being his father in the past?

Curious, isn't it? That would mean Desmond watched his own son die.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
I did notice that on this new episode that Desmond called the baby Charlie. Anybody else catch that? Have I missed a discussion about Desmond being his father in the past?

LOOL I don't think that's why, I think he just called his son charlie because charlie was like a friend to him.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Charlie pretty much saved his life...seems only natural he'd name his son after him....
Although, you'd think that Penny would be against the name considering her pop!
(i.e. Charles Widmore!)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

LOOL I don't think that's why, I think he just called his son charlie because charlie was like a friend to him.

I don't know....who knows? Everbody seems to be related in one way or another. Like Jack and Claire being siblings.

I tend to think there is more to it than Charlie and Desmond just being friends.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Charlie pretty much saved his life...seems only natural he'd name his son after him....
Although, you'd think that Penny would be against the name considering her pop!
(i.e. Charles Widmore!)

Yes, that is really odd and I hadn't thought of that. What is she up to? Hmmmm!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander_Supertramp
D***it!!! They aren't showing the episode tonight until 1:00 a.m. here because of the UNC-FSU game. Oh my god.
North Carolina programming at its finest.

That sucks!

I now have more reason to despise all things Tarheel, and I hope ABC didn't decide to move the show 4 hours later everywhere!

Nope, not here (in Yonkers, NY). Like usually, we had a repeat of the previous episode before the new one. Everything was fine here!

Originally posted by Gazrok
SPOILERS (as if this isn't the thread for it)...

Is this a bad thing? We really haven't talked about spoilers at all. Sure, we talked about things in episodes, but not about things that will occur in future episodes. I am, to be honest, happy about this.

Well, a lot of questions answered last night...like why the Others accepted Locke, why Richard visited Locke as a kid, and Richard's interest in him. We also now know more about Whitmore's interest in the island...seems like the show is getting it's groove back....

Why did the Others accept Locke again? Also, I loved how we found out why Richard visited Locke when he, Locke, was a kid. That was awesome!

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Yes great episode, I really enjoyed that one.

As did I.

Originally posted by spikedmilk
tell me Penny doesnt have an agenda with that look in her eye at the end. She is so involved one way or another.

I think she is a good guy (well, girl in this case). She is indeed against her father. I am shocked that Charles showed so much concern for her for some reason. That was a great scene (maybe that's why I was so shocked). Let's not forget that Ben wants to kill Penny because of the death of his daughter at the hands of Widmore's people.

I thought it was funny when "Elle" says to Faraday "Why do you keep looking at me like that"? ....
gee, i wonder why....

They weren't the same person. You know that, right?

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
I did notice that on this new episode that Desmond called the baby Charlie.

Yeah, that was great!

No, as they are different people. Desmond named his son Charlie because Charlie (one of the survivors of the crash) saved his life.

Here is a trailer for the next episode, entitled "The Little Prince." In the trailer, it looks like, among other things, the Swan station will be visited and Sawyer sees Kate in the jungle (and I think you can see her in a screengrab of the trailer in that link!). Oh, yes, so it looks like "Jughead" wasn't Locke-centric, as was speculated in the opening post of this thread. Interestingly, "The Little Prince" was speculated as being Desmond-centric in that post, but this will probably not be the case as he had "Jughead" dedicated to him. Will "The Little Prince" be Locke-centric? I doubt this, as he will probably have "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham," episode six, dedicated to him. "This Place is Death," episode five, will probably be Charlotte-centric, as she said those words in the preview for the season. I can confirm episode names and centrics of these episodes and other ones by simply going to a spoiler site. Would any of you be against this?

I really enjoyed this episode and I am happy that some (hopefully all, though) of you have enjoyed it too. For me, at least, the times are a bit confusing. Are any of you having some trouble following?

[edit on 30-1-2009 by they see ALL]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Just watched this week's episode and wow! What a great episode.

Really didn't see the that coming with Whitmore's character.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Why did the Others accept Locke again?

Richard knew John from the past, so Richard accepted him as having the qualities of the new leader (and since Richard accepted him, the Others did as well).

Richard's the guy I want to know more about...why doesn't he age? Why is he unaffected by the time issues...what's his relationship to Jacob?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Guys check this out. It's so funny hahahaha.

Someone wrote a Locke's Diary of his latest events, LOOL.

www.imdb.com...

[edit on 30-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Ok, that is pretty frickin' funny....hehe....

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

I thought it was funny when "Elle" says to Faraday "Why do you keep looking at me like that"? ....
gee, i wonder why....

They weren't the same person. You know that, right?

I'm going with the idea Elle (or Ellie?) might end up to be Faraday's mother/Mrs Hawking. But, I also think its too obvious and they (the writers) are trying to lead us into thinking that only to trick us. Which, I'd be alright with too - i like surprises, which makes this such a great show

Otherwise it kinda makes sense that he and Sawyer "planted the seed" or so to speak in regards to time travel and made Mrs Hawking who she is -that is of course if it is his mother.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
TSA:

I can confirm episode names and centrics of these episodes and other ones by simply going to a spoiler site. Would any of you be against this?

Put me down for a yay vote. I'd like to see them.

(edit)Got a link to that site, TSA? And where do spoilers come from? I assume it's from people who work on the show leaking things they've seen. Is that it?

[edit on Fri Jan 30 2009 by Rren]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rren
Put me down for a yay vote. I'd like to see them.

Alright.

(edit)Got a link to that site, TSA? And where do spoilers come from? I assume it's from people who work on the show leaking things they've seen. Is that it?

Yes you are correct. Also, people living in the areas of filming usually see things, so information comes from them also. Linky. Remember, though, let's not talk too much of spoilers. I will just share episode titles and centrics (those are the only types of spoilers that I read).

Episode 5.04
Title: "The Little Prince."
Centric: Kate (?).

Episode 5.05
Title: "This Place is Death."
Centric: Unknown.

Episode 5.06
Title: "316"
Centric: Jack (?).

Episode 5.07
Title: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham."
Centric: Locke (?).

Episode 5.08
Title: "LaFleur."
Centric: Sawyer (?).

Episode 5.09
Title: "Namaste."
Centric: Unknown.

Episode 5.10
Title: "He's Our You."
Centric: Sayid.

Episode 5.11
Title: "Whatever Happened, Happened."
Centric: Ben (?).

Episode 5.12
Title: "Dead is Dead."
Centric: (?).

The only updates (since the list posted in the opening post of this thread) concern "The Little Prince" (the next episode), which now seems to be Kate-centric, episodes six and seven, which seem to have been switched around (if I didn't make a mistake posting the original list), and episode twelve, "Dead is Dead." Enjoy!

The only spoilers I am interested in are these types, as they aren't really spoilers.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
When I was watching the episodes one after another on DVD, it wasn't much of an issue going a few hours without being updated on the status of a specific character. But watching only one episode per week, I'm finding it tough to keep track of where each character stands in their own plot.

The fact that the show keeps viewers interested while they can go weeks without really following a character says a lot about the show and its' writing.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
New episode tonight!

Here is a new topic we can discuss. Will death be a theme this season? I think it already has been. Think about Locke having to die and etc. For more proof, let's take a look at episode names. We have "This Place is Death," "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham," and now "Dead is Dead." Is this weird or what?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I thought last night was another great episode.

Was it just me or was Kate absolutely jaw-dropping last night?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join