'Lost:' Season Five Discussion...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Ok here is something that I am wondering about, It may have already been answered somewhere else before but I dont know the answer, so here is my question.

Does anybody know what cities skyline is in the lost logo?

tinypic.com...

It doesnt look familiar to me, but mabye one of you recognize it or have already figured out what that clue means.

Any ideas?

EDIT : the pic is way to big deminsion wise to embed it into my post so just click the link to see the pic.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Purposely didn't read the posts as the stupid way they did this tricked my DVR, so I only got half of it...therefore, I have to wait until the reair to record it all, and THEN I'll watch it....

AAARRRGGGGHHHHH....... :bnghd:

Hey, Gaz. I went to ABC's lost page and found both parts were there. I jumped through the hoops for ya, just to make sure (had to download their media player.) So you can watch it there and it has surprisingly good quality too.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Ok here is something that I am wondering about, It may have already been answered somewhere else before but I dont know the answer, so here is my question.

Does anybody know what cities skyline is in the lost logo?

I believe it's Los Angeles... but don't quote me on that.

[edit on Thu Jan 22 2009 by Rren]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rren

I was thinking it might me the L.A skyline too but when I looked at pictures of it, it doesnt seem to match the skyline in the lost logo

www.terragalleria.com...

Here is a website with a bunch of pictures of the L.A skyline.

It doesnt look the same as this atleast not to me. But then again, you cant see the skyline clearly in the logo...

im googling other big cities skylines right now to see if I find anything that matches a bit better.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rren
Nice Op TSA, lots there I didn't know about.

Thanks!

Looks like there's going to be an hour long primer before the season opener, which is two hours long! (I hope that's two hours of new stuff and not an hour of review/last season's finale before (only) an hour for the premier.... anyone know? (reading the OP it looks like two separate episodes back-to-back, is that correct?))

As you should know now, yes, there were two separate episodes. Wasn't that great?

Originally posted by Anti - Government
Oh man you beat me to it i was ging to make a thread about this lol

Sorry! I usually (for the past three seasons, including this one) make a thread for the new seasons.

Originally posted by chissler
I have to say that I have very little expectations heading into this season.

Hang in there! It should be a great ride!

Originally posted by chissler
Anyone watch that hour episode of the previous four seasons?

No, I skipped it, but I might watch it in the future.

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
So is there 6 seasons in all for lost? Ive heard multiple answers, Ive heard 5,6,7 and 9.

The OP indicated that it is going to be 6 seasons....

Yes, there will be six seasons.

Purposely didn't read the posts as the stupid way they did this tricked my DVR, so I only got half of it...therefore, I have to wait until the reair to record it all, and THEN I'll watch it....

How did that work? I feel sorry for you, man!

I loved the first two episodes! This season looks like quite an adventure. It seems that this season will be all over the place. Adventures on-island, off-island, in the past (flashbacks), and through time in general all appear to play an important role in terms of storytelling this season. Let's try not to get confused!

So I guess Desmond does not have to go back with the Oceanic Six, as he was already off the island (he was on the freighter) when the Six left. He has his own plot to worry about, though. What of Locke? It is sad that he must die, but I am sure that he will come back to life once returned to the island. The conversation between Jack and Ben, and between Ben and the butcher lady made me think this. And what of Charlotte? Will she somehow get erased from time? Her nose was bleeding, she had a headache, she couldn't remember her mother's maiden name, and I am sure Daniel knows what's going on. So much to discuss! Here is the trailer for the new episode and for the rest of the season. There are some interesting screens in that link from the trailer, such as Penelope (I think) having a baby and Christian Shephard holding a lantern.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
SO do you have any idea why Locke was in the coffin yet?
He never came back with them, did he?
I really didn't get that, or did his body come back at a later date.
But then again I don't remember seeing Ben get off the Island either.
I guess he brought Lockes body back.

I have to wait till Sunday to see these epi's I think.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
those were the episodes of TV i been waiting for since Lost went off last spring. other shows just dont compare, I try to like other shows but they just aint holdin water. thats just my opinion though.....

TSA , thank you posting this thread, i been lookin for a place to vent on Lost
..... anybody got any theories so far?

(semi-spoilerish ideas/theories )

a) it was said in a prior post but I'm also leaning to the idea that the Oceanic 6 are the "constants" to the rest of the group

b) and Faraday's mother is going to end up being Mrs. Hawking

and just a final thought to this post.....that was sort of an intense scene when Richard told Locke what it was he would have to do.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by spikedmilk]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
He never came back with them, did he?
I really didn't get that, or did his body come back at a later date.
But then again I don't remember seeing Ben get off the Island either.
I guess he brought Lockes body back.

I have to wait till Sunday to see these epi's I think.

You must have missed the parts where Jack talked about Locke talking to him about going back to the Island lol.

Locke got off the Island alive somehow.

We don't know how he died yet, we will find out soon enough I'm sure.

Is it me or did Ana Lucia look hotter than usual, she used to annoy me lol.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Locke got off the Island alive somehow.

Is it me or did Ana Lucia look hotter than usual, she used to annoy me lol.

I think Locke too will have turn the Donkey Wheel to get off the island but its part of the "fix" and part of the fix is him having to come back (along w/the Oceanic 6). Its obvious Ben is trying to come back too I think so the whole thing about not being "permitted" back once you move the island or whatever may not be entirely true. Like Ben had said " I wasnt being entirely truthful" and "I always have a plan"
. It seems to me this may be all part of Lockes destiny and like Clark Kent and the Legion of Superheroes, they couldnt exactly let him know know everything, part of the path is taking it and having a little faith. Thus they wiped his mind when he was returned from the 31st century. its ok, imadork

and naw it aint just you , Ana Lucia was loooking good.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

I'm actually watching smallville, I haven't read much of the comics, there was a episode where those guys from the future came, and invited Clark to the future whenever he has time, I guess when Clark goes to the future, his memory will be erased after! Spoiler
That's if they stick to the story.

What you say about faith is true, Locke is probably my favourite character, he's been through a lot of pain, but he never gives up, he keeps moving on, keeps on trying. That's why when I saw he was dead, it was a shock to me. John Locke, the survivor, dead!?

But it's starting to appear that his death might have a bit to do with faith, and never giving up.

We will see!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I been watchin SV too and they skewed the story up some. But its ok, I think they did good on the League which arent really one of my favorites titles. But what i was referencing is pretty exclusive to the comic and the shortlived cartoon series. We'll see if they play it out in the SV series.

Locke is a great character. started out kinda fumbly maybe but he really made his presence. I think Jack is lookin pretty cool as Jim Morrison these days (well now he's shaved) but it's (just my op here) Desmond and Faraday that I think are the some the serious glue holders for the story here. Actually, when u think about it, everybody is pretty much integral...except nicky and paulo

I think Ben is probably one of my favorites, you just dont whats coming next from him. Either a cool quote or a bad-a** beatdown with a collapsable baton riding thru Tunisia like its his buisness.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Hey, Gaz. I went to ABC's lost page and found both parts were there. I jumped through the hoops for ya, just to make sure (had to download their media player.) So you can watch it there and it has surprisingly good quality too

Thanks, I've got an MBA class on Wednesdays, so always miss it, and depend on the DVR... I could hook up my laptop to the tv, and then watch it as intended perhaps.

Thanks for the tip!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

I think your point is that all the characters are great! And I agree. They make the show.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

absolutley; i dont think i've been more enthralled with a television show since "V"

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

absolutley; i dont think i've been more enthralled with a television show since "V"

That was the best...I remember going to a bar (as a kid) with my uncle, because my grandmother (I was staying with them for a couple of months) didn't watch it. (This was when most folks still had only one tv...at least that generation did)... It was a small town, so I could get away with it... Only later did I get the symbolism and I could then really appreciate the social commentary of the miniseries...

I was crushing on Diana big time....(no doubt, some ATS member with a "Mods are reptoids" thread will eventually dig this up...)

Finally got to see it, and wow...really going full bore huh?

SPOILERS..............

Weird thing though...they mention the island moving through time, but not through space. In order for it to have disappeared for the folks in the helicopter, it would have had to move through space as well...

"Ginger's" (Sawyer's nickname for her) nosebleeds mark her as being like Desmond (i.e. skipping through time), so not sure what to quite make of that yet. We know she sometimes refers to the island as "home", so are we thinking this is the gal ben had a crush on when he was a kid?

Wonder if they'll go the alien route (i.e. an alien craft crashed on the island a long time ago, and it's space/time drive is what is causing all of the weirdness with the island).

They've definitely seemed to have taken the Grandfather paradox idea and simply stated that you can't change the past in any way...but then seemed to throw that out with Desmond...(I'm thinking I need to go back and watch some episodes to get it all strait, hehe...)

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have a theory and I'm wondering what you all think? The whispers they hear on the Island. Could that be them since they are traveling through time? Could they end up in the same area on the island at different times and somehow cause wierd things to happen, like the weather etc... And could they somehow warn them selfs somehow in the future or past? Just a theory.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Not convinced it is, but that is a great and very creative thought.

Very interesting.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Eyes.

I thought this was interesting, a lot of theories on why there is so much focus on eyes in lost.

www.lostisagame.com...

[edit on 27-1-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Perhaps the whispers are not just the Losties, but the Others, and any other inhabitants, visitors, etc. throughout time. Kind of like those real-life instances of out of place, out of time radio transmissions (weird, if you've ever researched them)....

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles

I always thought that he moved the island like Ben did and so he was transported off the island (and to another time I think, right?). If this is correct, then Locke must die off-island (after he was transported off the island). In the preview, though, Locke asks Richard how he can get off the island, so Locke might get off the island the regular way (by boat or whatever) and die off-island. Remember, Chukkles, Ben got off the island by moving it in the finale last season.

Originally posted by spikedmilk
TSA , thank you posting this thread, i been lookin for a place to vent on Lost
..... anybody got any theories so far?

You're welcome!

Yes, probably in "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham" (episode six).

What you say about faith is true, Locke is probably my favourite character, he's been through a lot of pain, but he never gives up, he keeps moving on, keeps on trying. That's why when I saw he was dead, it was a shock to me. John Locke, the survivor, dead!?

But it's starting to appear that his death might have a bit to do with faith, and never giving up.

Actually, it seems, to me at least, that Locke will not be dead for long!

Wonder if they'll go the alien route (i.e. an alien craft crashed on the island a long time ago, and it's space/time drive is what is causing all of the weirdness with the island).

I think the producers promised not to have aliens (nor clones and possibly ruled out other things too).

Originally posted by Solarskye
I have a theory and I'm wondering what you all think?

Well if what the whispers are saying have any value to the plot, then I am inclined to disagree. Take a look at some transcripts of the whispers, it's very interesting.

Perhaps the whispers are not just the Losties, but the Others, and any other inhabitants, visitors, etc. throughout time.

The only problem I have with this is the throughout time part. The whispers seem to realize the presence of the Losties. Again, take a look at some transcripts of them.

All new episode tonight, Losties!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join