It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Five Discussion...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Something tells me they have different mothers, just by Ellie's distance from Penny in the hospital. If Ellie is Penny's mom, it's just biological, as she didn't recognize her....but I'm thinking it was another woman...someone after the island.

As for Faraday, he stated that he was at Dharma HQ, so obviously, instead of playing house with Sawyer and the rest, he opted for the next sub ride....

Can't wait for the next episode centering on Richard...cool...

Someone mentioned Claire leaving with Shepherd...when she did, it's my guess she was dead...can't remember exactly which episode, but I remember we saw her body under some debris after explosions. In episodes since, she behaves just as other deceased former castaways...

Not sure if everyone caught it, but the show just let out a MAJOR portion of its time travel premise. Before, (through Faraday), the show emphasized you can't change the past. However (and also through Faraday). the variables are people, free will.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I found this thread by accident, and YAY. I'm a Lost-a-holic, and also started watching Lost by accident. Last year, I was watching a "Haunted" marathon on Sci-Fi. The show stars Matthew Fox. His character on the show is Frank. Anyway, An episode came on, and I was a little lost. Why are they calling him Jack, Why is he in a cage? What the....? I've been hooked since, and I have caught up, thanks to Sci-fi, G4, and my DVR.

While I have oodles of questions about the show, and get a little more Lost with each new episode, I am wandering if Aaron has a major role. I mean he was born on the island. Also, in the past, there have been points made about Aaron that I think we are supposed to remember.
~
Probably nothing, but I'm a little curious about Jen & Sun's child as well. If I remember correctly, it was conceived on the island, and Jen wasn't even supposed to be capable of having a child (or making a child)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
An excellent episode last night that provided answers to questions that I had not even considered. That says a lot about the writing on this show.

Sure does!

Originally posted by Gazrok
As for Faraday, he stated that he was at Dharma HQ, so obviously, instead of playing house with Sawyer and the rest, he opted for the next sub ride....

Yes, the headquarters is in Ann Arbor, Michigan (probably at the University of Michigan).

Someone mentioned Claire leaving with Shepherd...when she did, it's my guess she was dead...can't remember exactly which episode, but I remember we saw her body under some debris after explosions. In episodes since, she behaves just as other deceased former castaways...

Hm, I don't remember that.

Not sure if everyone caught it, but the show just let out a MAJOR portion of its time travel premise. Before, (through Faraday), the show emphasized you can't change the past. However (and also through Faraday). the variables are people, free will.

They can change the past, but maybe everything so far that they have changed doesn't really do anything major. For example, they caused Ethan to be born, but we, the viewers, already know about his existence. It would have been more shocking if they caused Ethan to not be born. See?

Originally posted by TeeJay
I found this thread by accident, and YAY. I'm a Lost-a-holic, and also started watching Lost by accident.

Awesome!

While I have oodles of questions about the show, and get a little more Lost with each new episode, I am wandering if Aaron has a major role. I mean he was born on the island. Also, in the past, there have been points made about Aaron that I think we are supposed to remember.
~
Probably nothing, but I'm a little curious about Jen & Sun's child as well. If I remember correctly, it was conceived on the island, and Jen wasn't even supposed to be capable of having a child (or making a child)

Maybe both children are important, but, sadly, they are both out of the picture for now.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Those #ing bastards ! I wanna see Jacob !

They better not screw us over next episode.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Adam West

LOLOLOLOL

I feel the same way!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR

I am more confused now than ever. Next week is the Finale and I have a feelin' that they're gonna keep us hangin' for a whole friggin' season. Im gonna spend all summer LOST, driving myself nuts tryin' to figure it out

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adam West
Those #ing bastards ! I wanna see Jacob !

They better not screw us over next episode.

I know! I have a feeling that Jacob isn't anyone, but this is probably not true. I just felt, especially this season, that people used Jacob as a way to push their agenda. Someone might say Jacob said to do something, and then everyone does it. Like I said, though, I am probably wrong.

I am more confused now than ever.

About what? I was confused about why Locke would want to kill Jacob, but I have a feeling it had to do with what I stated above. Maybe Locke has realized that Jacob is simply used to control people. The Others seemed pretty happy that Locke was going to bring them all to finally see Jacob, and so maybe he wants to kill him because, after doing so, especially in front of the Others, the Others will be free from the slavery of Jacob. Richard saying that Lock will be a problem because of what he was doing may be proof of this. The leaders of the Others, throughout the show, have used Jacob to control the Others, and Locke wants to free them. Of course, though, either I am wrong or there is more to murdering Jacob than this.

Next week is the Finale and I have a feelin' that they're gonna keep us hangin' for a whole friggin' season. Im gonna spend all summer LOST, driving myself nuts tryin' to figure it out

They always have a huge cliffhanger at the ends of seasons. For some reason, I am not "feeling" this year's finale - the preview didn't make me go crazy. I guess it's good, though, that they didn't show too much, but, for some reason, I don't think the episode looks good (even though I am sure it will be amazing).

Here is the trailer and screencaps for the finale, "The Incident."

[edit on 6-5-2009 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

But he couldn't change anything ofcourse. It really just proved, whatever happened, happened..

But who knows......

[edit on 7-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I'm wandering now, about what time they are in. We know some are in the 70's, and we assumed Lock & Co. were in the present, but then when Lock, Ben, & Richard went on their little hike, they witnessed a past event. From before Lock left the island. Time travel is crazy and I love it, but I think my brain may explode.

~Remember in The Matrix, when the oracle warned Neo about the vase, then said "What's really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything?"

Okay, Now I realize -that was when Lock was bouncing through time. Now I can go & ponder everything else. Like Richard telling Sun that he saw Jack & Co. die in the 70's.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by TeeJay]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I'm wandering now, about what time they are in. We know some are in the 70's, and we assumed Lock & Co. were in the present, but then when Lock, Ben, & Richard went on their little hike, they witnessed a past event. From before Lock left the island. Time travel is crazy and I love it, but I think my brain may explode.

That bit makes sense, because it was only a past event to locke, when he was moving through time he went to quite a few times.

Richard says to Locke, I haven't seen you for 3 years, meaning since he disappeared in front of his eyes.

It also said 30 years later before that scene after showing the others in the 70's. So all this points to present day, the same time they went on a plane to go back to the island.

Okay, Now I realize -that was when Lock was bouncing through time. Now I can go & ponder everything else. Like Richard telling Sun that he saw Jack & Co. die in the 70's.

I'm gonna bet Richard thought they died, but maybe he didn't quite understand what happened, and something mysterious happened instead?

But who knows, maybe he did see them die, but I doubt it, this is lost and it's always not as it seems haha.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Im actually a little disappointed over the episode that just passed. They said it was going to centre around Richard, but they hardly devulged anything about him. I dont know anything more about him than I knew about him before I watched that episode.

Also, that place that the Others kept the nuclear bomb in, Im guessing its the Temple that was referenced before by Ben. If you look at the map produced below, its build into or by a ridge of mountains. And if you remember in the episode, it showed that you had to dive in under a waterfall (water falling from a high place). Plus I just got that vibe when they showed around inside it.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I didnt like.....the episode "follow the leader"......
WHY WHYYYYYYY did they make locke evil.. hes goin to "KILL JACOB"???????
IM freakin mad at the producers for makin locke go evil.. UNFAIRNESS.and COME ON!!!!!!!Jack a hero again..........
I DONT like where Lost is going..... season finale better be good.......or else..... Im gonna have to wait 9 FREAKIN MONTHS to have them FIX lost :bnghd:

sorry just REAL upset about the episode .........

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Locke23

Locke wanting to get rid of Jacob does not make him evil. Nobody knows what Jacob is. All indicators up to now show that he/it is very, very unpleasant.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

They said it was going to centre around Richard, but they hardly devulged anything about him. I dont know anything more about him than I knew about him before I watched that episode.

I'd have to disagree... Previously, it almost seemed Richard was somewhat omniscient about many events. In reality, it's his constant interaction with the time-travelling Losties that is really to credit for it. That's a pretty big cat out of the bag... Still don't have anything on his seeming immortality though, however.

I'm still at the idea of considering the Lost roles in a biblical context...especially as the show has done just about everything but state it in black and white. You've got Locke as Jesus, Jack as (doubting) Thomas, etc. Then, you've got Jacob and Richard.

The idea that Jacob is an "invention" doesn't really match with what we've seen (i.e. a shadow of a man in the cabin wearing what appears to be colonial period clothing, the voices heard by John, the eye in the cabin, and of course the "tantrum" thrown by Jacob when light was in the cabin.

Whoa... I think I may have just hit on something with my biblical allegory theory....

In the bible, Jacob has a son named Benjamin...goosey pimples...(and in the bible, Benjamin's tribe had the women and children killed, and could not proliferate)....

Many scholars feel that the angel Jacob wrestled with was Michael, who I've been feeling Richard represents. Michael, according to some of the apocryphia (books left out of the bible), is one of 7 angels charged as "time spirits", (they switch off every 380 yrs). Since 1879, it's been Michael's "reign". I wonder if what's coming down is going to be another wrestling match between Jacob and Michael (Richard). A loose theory, to be sure... (also, the Black Rock is supposed to have disappeared in 1881, so right near the beginning of this reign...yes, I know the show originally said 1845, but it was later corrected to 1881 in the video game...as dynamite didn't exist in 1845).

Interestingly enough, Jacob (in the bible) has a grandson named Aaron.

Historically, beings who like the darkness and abhor the light are evil...so we can't really assume John's expressed goal (to kill Jacob) would be evil. Also, just because John told that to Ben, doesn't necessarily mean it's true. John used to hate being in the dark, while Ben seemed to know everything....now the shoe's on the other foot, and I've got a feeling John likes it that way, hehe...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Locke had to die in order to be free and have a purpose. I imagine him wanting to "kill" Jacob will set him free as well.

[spoiler]Jacob does exist as someone's been cast in the part.[/spoiler]

Does anyone else wish Kate would just get killed off already? Was well annoyed when she showed up on the sub.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Gaz, each episode that I watch and the questions that are raised... I truly look forward to your posts as I watch the episode to hear your thoughts on what is happening.

I thoroughly enjoy reading your thoughts.

Very well put.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Thanks Chissler, I'm mostly just getting lucky, hehe...and I tend to think like a writer....

Does anyone else wish Kate would just get killed off already? Was well annoyed when she showed up on the sub.

Or maybe an all out Kate/Juliette cat-fight...???
Preferably after just going swimming, but now I'm just greedy....

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Or maybe an all out Kate/Juliette cat-fight...???
Preferably after just going swimming, but now I'm just greedy....

...yowzer.

I bemoan the thought of having to go months without being able to watch Lost. This is my first season having watched it week to week as a few months ago I took a run through the first four seasons. I finished the fourth season only a few days prior to season 5 starting. So for the past few months I've been going through Lost non-stop with the longest break being the 6 days between episodes.

Aghh!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I'm hoping to find some time to watch the past seasons on DVD...have them, but haven't yet had the time to do so... So far, I've never seen an episode twice, but I'm betting, with hindsight, I'd likely pick up something I missed before...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The Space channel airs reruns of the show and I've watched a few of the. Here and there and never really a full episode, so not really enough to pick up on anything. And of the ones I watched twice, they were early to middle of the first season where the foundation of each character was being developed.

I do think it would be quite interesting to review it again though to see if you pick up on anything.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
reply to post by Gazrok

The Space channel airs reruns of the show and I've watched a few of the. Here and there and never really a full episode, so not really enough to pick up on anything. And of the ones I watched twice, they were early to middle of the first season where the foundation of each character was being developed.

I do think it would be quite interesting to review it again though to see if you pick up on anything.

If you are talking about Lost here, then yes you will pick up on things that you can only learn from seeing the later series' epi's.
I re-watched series 1 on DVD just before series 4 started and I remember some real shock moments thinking wow they set that up that real early.

For me it was even more satisfying than the first time around knowing what I knew from series 2 and 3.

I only own series 1 on DVD, but I can't wait to re-watch every series when I get them.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join