It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weasels.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
More of an observation than a rant.

'Weasels.'
No,not the cute little furry blighters.

You know the ones,the type who appear on the scene where like-minded people feel comfortable and relaxed with each other.

Then due to some unspoken insecurity or petty unjustified jealousy,start twisting the knife in between friends,albeit very subtly to begin with,in the hope of causing discomfort or ill-feeling to the point where it makes it unpleasant to be around.

Of course if it was to be brought to the attention of said 'weasel',they would instantly deny all knowledge of backstabbing or stirring.

They would then take great joy in waiting,once again till your back was turned to run the old "Wow,what was their problem?"

I've seen it happen a lot,by very experienced weasels,almost professional you might say..

My advice,
Don't worry.be happy.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Sorry honey, those weasels are everywhere. They were in school, and they are at every job,...not many...just one or two, and thats all it takes!

I feel your pain. All i can offer is to have you breathe deeply a few times and pick something nice on the Internet to meditate to.

At least you can recognize a weasel when you see one.

Luv ya!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Heyyy DG,

No, No pain felt here.

Just an interesting observation in this game we call life.

It's just a shame it comes from people who should be classed as 'adults' is all.
Schoolyards during the growing up and learning process,sad but it happens.

Sad to see that some people can't feel emotionally adequate to leave their schooldays behind though.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
They do tend to frequent message boards as well.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I feel ya. I call those types spiders. I have one at work. I'll cover for her so she doesn't get fired but in return she'll throw me under the bus via interoffice emails where she'll talk BS behind my back.

Good thing I'm replacing her very soon. it help to be better at the mat their own game.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Had a small circle of 5 friends up in Mass. I went up for a visit and at the coffee shop met Patrick. Patrick was a local intellectual who was very popular with the 'IN' crowd.
We all sat down and made small talk for a while and then Patrick went into 'teaching' mode. He asked each individual in the group a question about economy, politics, society, the arts or anything else he felt like asking and got their thoughts and then would thoroughly berate them and tell them why they were misguided and wrong. Each of them was so happy to be spoken to by Patrick that they didn't even seem to mind being humiliated afterwards. It was apparently a sign of status to be picked first for your dose of humility by this intellectual version of a celebrity.
Patrick went through my friends and one by one belittled folks that I like and care about. I was really shocked when none of them defended themselves. The worst part was he was wrong as much as right but they didn't seem to notice. He even offered to 'educate' me but withdrew the offer after getting a look at the expression on my face.
After about an hour of this abuse I asked Patrick if this was how he treated all of his friends and he became VERY condescending. Worse yet the folks I was trying to defend all took his side. They later couldn't explain why. I cut the night short as there was no reason to kick up a mess for people who enjoyed the humiliation.
I did make a point of letting Patrick know that this was not how friends treated each other and if HE wanted a bit of 'education' then we could take care of it in a quiet place with no witnesses but he seemed to feel that was not the best idea.
My friends were very upset with me for jeopardizing their social standing by questioning good old Patrick. I count them as aquaintances now.
How do these weasels do it?
:bnghd:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Very sad.:shk:

That's just the thing,by their very nature they tend to be 'intellectuals'.

When you think about it,not many would be taken in by a blatant or clumsy attempt to deliberately hurt you.

Instead they use their intelligence,not for self-improvement,but to find more covert ways to berate,bellitle and besmirch others.

That level of self-loathing is just to be pitied more than anything though.
Even though it's annoying when you find yourself the target,or even an observer of a weasel in action,just remember..
You may not have been the only one to spot the signs and just have faith in your friends' judgment.
If they ARE your real friends,then they still will be once the lowlife has gotten bored and moved on to fresh pickings.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by NiceGuyEddie
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful!

I wouldn't. Only hate those that are full of themselves.
Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I was just kidding, AD. Honestly, I am riddled with insecurities, paranoia and self-loathing just like everyone else!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I was just kidding, AD. Honestly, I am riddled with insecurities, paranoia and self-loathing just like everyone else!

Nothing I love more than back pedaling.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Aww, I love you too, buttercup!

I'm not backpedaling though. Any outward arrogance I may display is really a mask for insecurity, terrible insecurity. It's true!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NiceGuyEddie

Watch the sweetness. My titles 1&2 aren't just there for decoration.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

No I will not. I am a sweet, nice guy at heart! And I do appreciate women - even really mean, nasty ones!

But, hate me if you must. Call me a weasel even. I can take it.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Call me a weasel even. I can take it.

No, I don't think you qualify,sorry

Whatever character a person is,it is appreciated when they present that side of themselves as their 'true self',whether it is taken as good or bad.

Weasels,instead,rely on bringing others down to their perceived level of themselves.

Honesty really is the best policy when communicating with others.
Honesty with yourself is so much harder.

For most people,self analysis is crushing when you break down and face your faults.
Self-improvement starts with either accepting them,or changing them.
Weasels just try to push their inadequacies onto others.

I suppose,for them,making others feel bad about themselves somehow brightens their sad existences just a little more.

DENY WEASELS.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

How about a protest group demanding more smileys from the' powers that be' at ATS??
:bash::bnghd:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Originally posted by AccessDenied

How about a protest group demanding more smileys from the' powers that be' at ATS??
:bash::bnghd:

more smilies...yes.
but a for their greatest invention.
the ignore button.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Call me a weasel even. I can take it.

No, I don't think you qualify,sorry

Why, thanks AGENT_T.... I think!

There's probably a small army of people out there who would call me a weasel though.... sorry everybody! I F
ed up!!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NiceGuyEddie

More like a mosquito.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Oooh, tough talk there, lemon pie!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join