It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Charles converts to islam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Due to the current media fuelled controversy over Prince Harry using 'derrogative terms', I thought it would be interesting to post this link which speculates as to whether Prince Charles has secretly converted to islam.

If he has then it doesn't realy matter to me (as his beleifs are his own affair) but why be secret about it?
www.danielpipes.org...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
He is next in line to the throne.
He would be the King of England AND
Supreme Governor of the established Church of England

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

Other than tourism $$$ does the monarchy actualy mean anything anymore anyway?

As for the church,aren't christianity and islam just offshoots from the same abrahamic mythology?

The UK is (and always has been?) secular so I don't think many people will be that bothered about trifling differences of non provable theological opinion.

Im certainly not defending either religion (and would prefer it if there wasn't any) but find it difficult to condemn someones own personal beleifs
when they're not being bigots or suffering delusions of grandeur -
what business is it of mine?

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I suspect that Charles is trying to demonstrate that he is pro-actively inclusive in an attempt to demonstrate that the monarchy has modernised it's attitudes.

In will be interesting to see if he does choose to pursue "Defender of Faith" over Supreme Governor of the Church of England. Such an action would cause one of two extreme reactions by the British public IMO - either they will appreciate and celebrate that the Monarch is embracing inclusivity or there will be one hell of an uproar followed closely by a constitutional crisis.

In the current climate, I suspect that it's more likely to be the latter.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Well after all he converted from Dianna to Camilla! I do think most Muslims are peaceful people as well as Christians.It only takes one bad apple to start trouble regardless of religious affiliation!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Well even the differences between Catholicism and the Church have England have caused lots of problems in the past.
Remember Guy Fawkes?

Even Tony Blair hid his Catholic beliefs while he was Prime Minister.

After 30 years as a closet Catholic, Blair finally puts faith before politics

and this is the best

I won't become a Catholic - Blair

I did see this news story a while ago and I was going to start a thread on it

Labour MPs back separation of state and Church of England

There has been accusations against the British in Iraq and Afghanistan about holy wars and crusades.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

The UK is (and always has been?) secular so I don't think many people will be that bothered about trifling differences of theological opinion.

I'm not so sure there. Although the British public as a rule may not be overtly concerned with religion, I do feel that we're on the cusp of some sort of backlash.

I increasingly get the impression that the British public are starting to feel a loss of identity. Things appear to many to be changing significantly and swiftly. Both the change and loss are sometimes being associated by the 'man on the street' (whether rightly or wrongly) with the percieved reduction of rights/respect for Christianity (previously the British "standard") combined with the percieved increase in rights/respect for Islam.

If a backlash is in the pipeline, I think that Charles converting to Islam and rejecting "Defender of the Faith" could fuel this more that is realised IMO. The Monarchy is a constant, and Royalist or not, contributes to the British identity and psyche more than many realise.

top topics

join