It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if Iran should not be helping Palestine, then America should not be helping Israel - Ron Paul

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
MDV2, I'm sorry to say it would never happen, if every voter in the US had turned out and voted for him he still would of not ended up in the Whitehouse and even if he did he would be dead in no time at all. The perps don't want honest men and women, they want snakes liars thieves and murderers.

Decent honest men and women don't commit war crimes, they don't ruin their own country, they don't put there own people out of work or home.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I lost what little faith i had in the American political system after Dr. Pauls treatment.

The i fact that a man like him would be marganalized and laughed at by the majority of America is a disgrace.

Well first of all not many Americans even know who he is. I tribute that to the news never covering anything he has to say unless it's in some debate format and then he rarely gets more than a couple moments in the spot light.

That being said I'm educating everyone I know who doesn't know him in hopes he is able to run for a 2012 presidency. Most people just ask me, who's that? Then the flood gates of my mouth open and their response is why didn't we elect him president?

But he makes some very valid points here in this video. Not everyone would like to believe it's just that easy but in reality it can be just that easy as long as there is someone there like himself to get the ball rolling. After all it's a lot easier to roll a moving ball than one standing still or in our case starting to roll back ever so slightly. He's the one to start that ball rolling as I'm sure many of us would love to help him start pushing that ball.

Could always email CNN asking why they never have pieces about Ron Paul but instead shower their news with celebrity junk we care less about. Oh gee so and so is pregnant, so what I know pregnant people too. By this I mean all of us constantly emailing CNN and others questioning them why they don't talk more with this man on air.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Ron Paul speaks the truth, it sucks for America to arm Israel and give them money, to then hate the Iranian's for doing a much smaller scale operation (maybe).

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Dr. Paul is asking for the bare minimum here. He is not stating we condemn Israel. He is simply stating that we need to let them be. Israel, at the end of the day, is not our problem and I cannot see what benefit we can get by supporting some foreign land unconditionally under the pretense that it will bring freedom and democracy to the world.

That is something I can definitely get behind.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Dr. Paul is asking for the bare minimum here. He is not stating we condemn Israel. He is simply stating that we need to let them be. Israel, at the end of the day, is not our problem and I cannot see what benefit we can get by supporting some foreign land unconditionally under the pretense that it will bring freedom and democracy to the world.

That is something I can definitely get behind.

You would think most people would. I'm sure Israel could take care of themselves without America help. They wouldn't be as powerful but still strong enough to take on anyone that threatened them. In the past no one cared much about the money spent on Israel because it didn't seem as if the US really needed the money but it's hard to say America doesn't need it's cash at home these days.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
EXCELLENT! As I've said elsewhere ... the whole world should BUTT OUT and let Israel and the Palestinians beat the snot out of each other.

One has nukes and the other has rocks to throw.

How about we just take away all their weapons so the fight isn't one sided?

[edit on Mon Jan 12th 2009 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
You people have no idea what would happen If the USA stopped being BIG Brother to Israel. Your talk is BIG, like you have the answers, but you know nothing about the bigger picture. Stop fooling yourselves.
Respectfully, J.M.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
You people have no idea what would happen If the USA stopped being BIG Brother to Israel. Your talk is BIG, like you have the answers, but you know nothing about the bigger picture. Stop fooling yourselves.
Respectfully, J.M.

Ok perhaps you would like to tell us what would happen. Who could realistically take them on? They have nukes and the most robust economy in the region. Tell us why you think it's in America's best interests to continue sending them billions. I can tell you very simply why it should stop, America is broke, needs the cash at home and there are cheaper ways to piss off the Arabs.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Jacob08]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jatsc

come on man, it's a conflict between not only Israel and Palestinians, but between the US and the Radical muslims from Tehran. America provides the cluster bombs, and Iran the roadside bombs and RPGs. It'll last forever unless religion disappears (which will never happen with such brainwashed idiots in each leadership) or until a paranoid guy pushes the wrong button and sends 200 tomahawks in Iran. my 2c

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jacob08

Respectfully, J.M.

Ok perhaps you would like to tell us what would happen.

Arabs are bent on dying in battle and having their orgies in the "land of make believe" with promised virgins, so why would they care if Israel has nukes?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jacob08

Respectfully, J.M.

Ok perhaps you would like to tell us what would happen. Who could realistically take them on? They have nukes and the most robust economy in the region. Tell us why you think it's in America's best interests to continue sending them billions. I can tell you very simply why it should stop, America is broke, needs the cash at home and there are cheaper ways to piss off the Arabs.

Arabs are bent on dying in battle and having their orgies in the "land of make believe" with promised virgins, so why would they care if Israel has nukes?

So what are they waiting for? What exactly is the dynamic that would be changed? Israel could more then handle any threat against them on their own dime.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I'm still waiting for the Israel apologists to counter that statement: If Iran should not be helping Palestine, then America should not be helping Israel.

Come on guys. I know you're out there. Present a logical retort to that. If Iran isn't allowed to help the Palestinians, why should the United States be allowed to help Israel?

The lack of responses by apologists isn't surprising, actually. When there is no argument, they simply move on to another thread where it is easier to spew the propaganda.

Lets hear some logical counter argument. Calling Palestinians terrorists isn't considered a logical counter argument, especially when we look at the civilian death tolls on either side of this conflict, so keep that to yourself.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
if every voter in the US had turned out and voted for him he still would of not ended up in the Whitehouse

It is scary how true this is...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
When Iran wants to start exporting knowledge, scientific advancements and other aid that can be used to improve humanity as a whole, then I will start caring about this argument. Until then, I don't care how disadvantaged Iran and the Palestinians are.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The day US pulls the plug out on israel.It will be GAME OVER for the zionists since they will get pounced on Hard.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

If you don't know of Iran's advancements in Medicine, Mathematics, Physics, and more 'knowledge and scientific advancements' areas, then you my friend are ignorant.

Read more often.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte
When Iran wants to start exporting knowledge, scientific advancements and other aid that can be used to improve humanity as a whole, then I will start caring about this argument. Until then, I don't care how disadvantaged Iran and the Palestinians are.

Dude, get a book, or use Google.
That's a pretty ridiculous thing you just wrote and so wrong it's sad.

Sad too is the fact that unless a nation of people are "contributing" to society in the narrow ways you deem significant, their eradication is a non issue. Are you taking a page from the same fellas that put Jews in concentration camps?

Looks to me like Israel is too.

- Lee

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
People, have you ever heard that TPTB put out something, and see how the masses react? They put Ron Paul out there to see the publics reaction. And our reaction? The vast majority obviously thought he was a nutcase. And this proved to TPTB that America is still asleep. Ron Paul could have won the Republican Nomination, Obama would still have won the election. Have you ever seen real hardcopy of the election results. I'm pretty sure you have not. Neither have I. But I think even had Ron Paul got the majority vote, Obama would have won.

Sad to break it to you, but your vote does not count.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I agree, let's cut out the middle man and ship our weapons directly to Iran! I would love to see those 90 F-16s that we just sold to Israel put to some good use. Like relieving Iran of those antique F-14s, F-4s, and F-5s, that we sold to the Shah. Then we could go ahead and reclaim those Russian planes that Iran stole from Iraq during Gulf War One.

After that we could go ahead and remove some of those nuclear sites. I'm all for it, let's go.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer

After that we could go ahead and remove some of those nuclear sites. I'm all for it, let's go.

Are you forgetting or simply dismissing the fact that Israel are nuclear powered as well?

It seems you put much of your trust in that occupying bandit state, care to elaborate why trust them so much?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join