It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if Iran should not be helping Palestine, then America should not be helping Israel - Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Other nations around the world find our interference in their affairs condescending, and it is very dangerous for us. We may think we have much to gain by inserting ourselves in these complex situations, but on the contrary we suffer from many consequences. Other countries have their problems, to be sure. But how would we feel if China or Russia came to our soil and tried to depose our problematic leaders or correct our policies for us? Our problems are ours to solve, and we need to give other countries that respect as well. Instead, we have been turning alleged, phantom threats into real, actual threats.

We should follow the foreign policy advice of the Founders – friendship and commerce with all nations. One positive step would be to end our destructive embargo of Cuba, which deprives our farmers of a market just 90 miles from US shores while strengthening the Communist regime. We've seen 50 years of statist restrictions not accomplish anything. A change is needed. Other countries should decide how to govern themselves. Even if we don't necessarily approve, it's none of our business. If other people foolishly choose to live under statist experimental regimes, they need to fail in their own right, and not have us as a scapegoat. We need to focus on our own affairs.

However, the pressures exerted on our leadership from the military industrial complex and big business is not in favor of peace or freedom, or especially nonintervention. Intervention is big business. Defense contracts topped $300 billion last year, and total spending on war and our overseas empire is up to $1 trillion per year. That represents a lot of people earning a living off of war and conquest. But rather than adding to our economy, all of this money is taken from the economy in order to wage war and destruction. Imagine if those resources were put to creative, productive use here at home!

We need to rein in our overseas empire, as quickly as possible. We need to bring our troops home, and get our economy back into the business of production, not destruction. The smartest thing we could do is admit we don't know all the answers to all the world's problems. If the new administration can take a closer look at real free trade and no entangling alliances, we would be much better off for it. Economically – we could save hundreds of billions of dollars each year! The new leadership has the opportunity and the political capital to do this. But unfortunately, it is not likely to happen.
www.lewrockwell.com...

Again this man is right on the dot!
Sharp and precise like an arrow!

World peace will never be possible, I am a realist.
But let's be real here too, being this much of a foreign interventionist has consequences, and then imposing this interventionism will of course without a doubt produce much more... I don't know word to use.. ummm.. BLOWBACK?????????

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If only all politicians were like Dr. Ron Paul.

How can John McCain be the republican candidate and even Sarah Palin can be vp candidate and this honest intelligent man can't?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
God i love Ron Paul...i just wish he wasn't so old, maybe he'd get elected. He makes a great point too, the US needs to focus on itself in the coming years, not other nations (other than the ones they provide humanitarian aid to) and not going to war, or having extended conflicts with nations.

Peace will never be, so long as we keep drawing imaginary lines in the sand and claiming ownership of something that doesn't belong to us, be that WE belong to.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I must say the more I hear from this man, the more I like him. I have always wondered why we spend so much money supporting nations that are not in need of our funding. Humanitarian aid is one thing, but it is time for us to do exactly what this man says, mind our own business and get our own house in order.

I am not a Republican but I am amazed that they chose McCain as their nominee when they had the opportunity to choose someone like this. I am now going to do some serious reading on Ron Paul and his take on things. Gee, is there any way he could run in 2012? I have never been a party line voter, and could easily see myself supporting this man.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by free2bme

You should check out his Manifesto book
it's excellent!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
EXCELLENT! As I've said elsewhere ... the whole world should BUTT OUT and let Israel and the Palestinians beat the snot out of each other. Whoever dies gets the Darwin Award. Who ever is left alive will be smarter. Then, with that out of the way, the world can move on and we never have to hear about it again.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
EXCELLENT! As I've said elsewhere ... the whole world should BUTT OUT and let Israel and the Palestinians beat the snot out of each other. Whoever dies gets the Darwin Award. Who ever is left alive will be smarter. Then, with that out of the way, the world can move on and we never have to hear about it again.

Couldn't have said it better if Israel wants to bring in friends to help so should the Palestinian, otherwise it should be Israelis against Palestinians and no one else.

If any other countries happen to get involved, it should only be countries that border Israel or Palestine because the crap could spread into their lands.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by jatsc]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Sadly it's not that easy. Decades of foreign policy with any number of different countries has cause this problem to become everybody's problem. Every nation who is politically active with either Israel or Palestine has blood on they're hands.

The US' support of Israel since it's inception has cause them to have an ego, a should we say "you can't touch us" stance with the world. Further more the billions of dollars in weapons and defense systems given by countries to Israel has led them to have one of the most powerful and well equiped army in the world.

Iran has a stake in this as they have always had it in for Israel, as well as all of the Muslim countries.

We can't just stop paying attention to something that has the potential to escalate into another World War.

We see reports of the U.N trying to draft cease-fires and Egypt attempting to do the same, but in the end, it's up to both of those groups of people to settle they're differences and attempt to mend the broken fence that is they're relationship.

Any country helping either side, is only compounding the problem.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
A great man, I personally love the guy! He says it how it is.

Two
for Ron Paul!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by free2bme
I must say the more I hear from this man, the more I like him. I have always wondered why we spend so much money supporting nations that are not in need of our funding. Humanitarian aid is one thing, but it is time for us to do exactly what this man says, mind our own business and get our own house in order.

I am now going to do some serious reading on Ron Paul and his take on things. Gee, is there any way he could run in 2012? I have never been a party line voter, and could easily see myself supporting this man.

No offense, but where were you a year ago? That's when we needed people to wake up and realize that Ron Paul was the only presidential candidate who could save this country. All the other candidates except Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul were CFR, which guarantees that nothing will change. How could you have not caught on to his message until now?

America had one last chance and we blew it.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece

No offense, but where were you a year ago? That's when we needed people to wake up and realize that Ron Paul was the only presidential candidate who could save this country. All the other candidates except Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul were CFR, which guarantees that nothing will change. How could you have not caught on to his message until now?

America had one last chance and we blew it.

Nobody cares about saving the country, what the voter cares about is "What's in it for me?"

He did not fulfill the 'me' question, and that can only be fulfilled in monetary amounts these days. The candidate the country deserved was Hillary Clinton.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
yes, the problem is that most people just want to hear that they will keep getting want they have and more without any thought of cost. maintaining the status quo is alot easier than making changes.

that's what the "problem" with Dr Paul was, he talked about changes and sacrifice. Two things that scare our give me everything for free and on credit society

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
AIPAC has already got that one down - doesnt take long ....

Here you go

www.russiatoday.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
All I have to say is we should all take a little time out of our days and reflect and pray for the innocent people who are being targeted....I just have a hard time grasping how the Israelis feel they can continue to steal Palestinian land for "settlements". Why do they have to build massive walls locking people into poverty?

God bless the Holy Land

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
As much as I understand the Israeli stance, I couldn't agree more that we (America) needs to butt out. It bothers me to see the Israelis carrying American rifles and equipment. America must now look at itself and take a hard look at what must be done here. It would be beneficial to the world as well as the American citizens to see an America whose government does not think its the police of the world.

Ron Paul nails it right on everytime. There have been a few times when I thought I disagreed with him, but once I understood his reasoning it all came together. Ron Paul says the hard things that Americans don't want to hear, and does something most politicians today don't - he makes sense.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I lost what little faith i had in the American political system after Dr. Pauls treatment.

The i fact that a man like him would be marganalized and laughed at by the majority of America is a disgrace.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Ron Paul is smart but the problem is that the perps have no need for smart men, what they want is fools and idiots that they can control and buy off.

As for letting Israel and Palestine wipe each other thats just ignorant and a stupid statement. Rather than supporting one side ot the other what we should be doing is removing the means for which people can destroy themselves. Turn off the money and the arms and no more war. We should not sit idly by whike one nation tries to exterminate another because one day they may try it on your nation. Stop making war profitable and it wont occur.

What is needed is more people like Ron Paul and a rounding up of the blood sucking parasites and the plebs that support them. Only then will we see a change made in the right direction

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I lost what little faith i had in the American political system after Dr. Pauls treatment.

The i fact that a man like him would be marganalized and laughed at by the majority of America is a disgrace.

Agreed and any hopes I had that Obama would bring any kind of real and positive change are evaporating each day. Early in the campaign I had some hope but now it's almost gone. The hope I have left is that he will at least be better then Bush was and being better then Bush isn't exactly high expectations.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
If there are any changes it will be for the worse, its buisness as usual but with a different dummy in the shop window. Irrespective of Obama being a good guy or not he will be told what to do and what to say. If he does not he will be having an unfortunate accident.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
If only all politicians were like Dr. Ron Paul.

How can John McCain be the republican candidate and even Sarah Palin can be vp candidate and this honest intelligent man can't?

If only enough people would have been intelligent enough to vote for Ron Paul.
He could have brought the change everyone's so much longing for, Obama not.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join