It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does this word mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
What does the word Lahara mean?

I've known this word every since I was a kid, I always felt it was in relation to myself, that is why I aways sign it on my posts, as if it is something that means something that relates to me, what it is I don't know.

To me, it means something like beauty and a violet glow.

I've tried and tried to find it's meaning, but have failed.

Does anyone know what it means?

What language it is?

Why I might know this word?

-Lahara

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

The word "lahara" is a derivative of the word lahar, meaning current of a river or a stream. In Sanskrit and Hindi, it means a pleasurable tune.

Here's the source.

Meaning
Hope it helps!

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yeah dude a simple google search will tell you, "Lahara is the Sanskrit word for wave." I think Lahara is also an indian (Not American Indian) name. Perhaps its your name from a past life. Pretty cool.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
In philosophical, poetic, or prayer meaning: "The oasis of the mind; exctasy; freedom; treasure; reward"-as well as 'Hindi tune'. Indians are very thought provoked people, so it would be in line that they would have named the desired experience of thier musical subset in this manner.

um. that's learned, I don't have a source-sorry. Take it leave it, just don't call me late to dinner!

I mean, I really don't know, not really. I don't know anyone anymore I could ask either.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
In Chinese and Japanese tradition, "hara" means the seat of spiritiual energy.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
*Maybe* it's the name of something that is guiding you.

It's certainly a very beautiful, sonorous name. Kind of haunting. The above info is good but I believe you should also look within and find out what the name means to *you* personally.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Well thanks everyone for the replies, when I'd originally did a google search nothing came up.

I wonder why i associate thatwould with a glowing violet color/

-Lahara

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Well thanks everyone for the replies, when I'd originally did a google search nothing came up.

I wonder why i associate thatwould with a glowing violet color/

-Lahara

new topics

top topics

join