It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Warms To New Space Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Well it seems that the government might actually go along with a moon and mars plan. I agree that it is a good idea. New technologies will have to be developed and they will come down to the common person after not too long.
Congress Warms To New Space Plan

In the 1983 movie, "The Right Stuff," astronaut Gordo Cooper points toward a space capsule and asks a NASA scientist, "Do you know what makes this bird go up?" Cooper answers his own question: "Funding makes this bird go up!" At which point, astronaut Gus Grissom chimes in: "No bucks? No 'Buck Rogers!'"
That alleged conversation took place more than four decades ago, during the height of the space race with the Soviet Union. Today, the same refrain applies. Without funding from Congress, no U.S. spaceship will blast off for anywhere.

The latest application of this unavoidable fact involves President George W. Bush's proposal to return astronauts to the moon and then journey onward to Mars.

Bush outlined his plan at a speech at NASA headquarters in Washington Jan. 14. The plan calls for, among other things, retiring the space shuttle fleet

[Edited on 9-4-2004 by Kano]

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I don't see what going to mars will do. It is just a thing matter. We should be figuring how to see or go beyond are galaxy and to other galaxies. We need to find out whether there is a center of the universe and what is in the center. We need to make something so fast that it can go to the edge of the universe even if the universe is expanding. Right now i don't car about mars or the moon.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
i think going to the moon would be crap. we'd have to get everything there first, especially water. then we'd go to mars. i think we should use the ISS as the staging point for mars missions.

new topics

join