It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pacific Ocean is now "The Great Pacific Garbage Patch"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I must say, im highly surprised by this quote from PhyberDragon -

Ironically, you're the same selfish bastards who opt to dump trash and radioactive materials into the sea. Just so it doesn't affect your precious section of the World. I know your type well, you're all the same. For all you know, you know nothing.

Does this mean that you are one of those "you, you, you are the cause of the worlds problems" type of people and not the "what can IIIIIIIII do to make things better, or whats mmyyyyyyyy role in this problem" type of people?

One of those types puts off onto others that which is inside themselves (its called 'transference') and the other type owns up to their actions and tries to rectify or correct the problem(s) that he or she may have caused.

Sounds like you have alot of hate and anger towards people who live near or participate in the Pacific Ocean. Why?

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Grock]

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Grock]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Ive seen this topic a few times..

But, if we've created such a ocean of sludge/garbage.. I want to see a photo.

Something that big? yet all we have a pretty dots on a colour map?

Im not doubting we have polluted, but this article makes it sound as if you couldnt surface for air because the top layer is literally an island mass of garbage.

How about a video...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
May be i am wrong!!! but people today just look to a news like this and forget about it.
This is my personal experience...
When go to switch off the lights and fans of my classroom after my college finishes people laugh at me....
They do not realize that we can make a difference
I know there are a lot of things being done about the enviromental damage that we do...... But somewhere deep inside i feel either its inappropriate or it is not enough

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 90% sure I am not alien!!

I really doubt people laugh at you for flipping a couple switches, that seems weird. Maybe you're imagining it.

As far as solutions, well, we need to realize that there really aren't any easy ones left. But, really now, who's gonna admit to that? Read my previous posts in this thread if you wanna know one way to solve all of the worlds problems, but no one wants to admit that it's the right way, simply because everyone is selfish.

Look, video's like this are proof that barring some incredible miracle, sometime this century, either much of the world will die off, or all of it will or we could intentionally reduce our populations. It has to. Think about it, and then just look around.

Some people on this site, think there's an NWO looking to bring about an end to much of the worlds populations, or that they know of some cataclysms soon to occur and have prepared for it for them, leaving the common man out. But, who could blame them!? It has to be done one way or another, you dig??

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join