Israel's Wall in the West Bank

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Alot of people are unaware that Israel even has a wall, let alone that its waaaaaaaaaayyyy bigger than the Berlin wall...

www.vtjp.org...

that wall also violates international law, something Israel obviously feels it has the right to violate...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
wow, not one person willing to voice an outrage? a "i agree wholeheartedly with the wall"? or even an aknowledgement?

I think i may have outdone myself here, (takes a bow)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Grock

The wall has been on overwhelming success for Israel in defending itself from suicide attacks. Quite astonishing how successful really. This doesn't mean it's right, but when the buses were being blown up on a regular basis, there was no other option. From an Israeli security perspective incredibly effective.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It's more of a barrier system than a wall. Only 5% of the barrier is an actual concrete wall. 95% of the length is made up of chain link fencing with barbed wire at the top. Everyone loves showing the images of a concrete wall, but this only makes up a small portion of what the barrier is.

Some sections (less than 5% of total length) are constructed as a wall made up of concrete slabs up to 8 m in height and 3 m in width. ...

Wall construction (5%) is more common in urban settings, such as areas near Qalqilyah and Jerusalem, because it is narrower, requires less land, and provides more protection against snipers.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is what 95% of the barrier looks like.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by dbates]

new topics

join