It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened To Me? Has It Happened To You?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I've never posted in this forum before, but this was so strange I had to try and find an answer.

First let me say I am a strong believer in Christ Jesus. With that said, I will explain what happened.

One night, while sleeping in my bed with my husband I was awakened with a jolt! I felt two strong hands wrapped around my ankles, forcefully pulling me out of bed. I saw no one. I could feel myself sliding against the sheets. At this point, sheer terror took over. I was trying to wake my husband and could feel myself clawing at his arm just trying to hold on. I was being pulled to the bottom of the bed and felt myself spiral down, then out of know where, this blood curdling scream!! Yes I was screaming and fighting as if my life depended on it!

I awoke with a confused looking spouse, but I was hysterical! I have never experienced anything like that before or since. I didn't sleep the rest of the night, nor did I tell anyone what happened.

This took place about 4 years ago. I have never talked about this to anyone
yet what ever happened still lurks in my mind.

I would appreciate any feedback at all. Was this a demonic event?

Thanks for your time,
Pax

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Don't worry about it my friend, just a bored soul trying to scare you.
Sometimes when a person dies, he feels he isn't ready to go home (heaven),
and decides to stay on earth as a spirit. They often get bored and then
decide to play tricks on people that are sensitive, or are slumbering in
their bed.

Absolutely nothing to worry about, almost every human has some kind
of experience with lost souls at some point in his life. I've had many of
those myself.

They can't really cause you any harm, they can just scare you sometimes,
when it happens again, just can call for Archangel Michael and he'll chase
the spirit off, if that knowledge makes you feel better.

If you want, you can even try and convince the soul to change his mind,
and go home after all. Then you won't only have conquered your fear,
you'll have done a massively good, christian deed, on top.

[edit on (11/1/09) by Wehali]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
With my own personal experience diphenhydramine HCI causes severe hallucinations while under influence of the drug. It is the main sleep inducing ingredient in over the counter sleep aids and Tylenol PM. It puts an individual in a state to where they are dreaming while awake and do not realize it. On this link scroll down to side effects.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I think that's what's known as, a nightmare, it may bea really terrafying lucid one, but nothing to worry about.

I once had a dream that a little red headed girl with red eyes was chasing me around in my dads church with one of thise old razor knife shaving blades. She was slashing my back with it, the pain was so excrutiating and real that when I woke up I could still feel the cuts on my back (even though I had never been cut).

The dreams where someone is grabbing and squeezing my testicles are the ones that really suck though, those are real, but it's usually because my legs or body are crushing them, man I hate those.

-Lahara

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Thank you for that. Are you saying this was some kind of haunting? Ghost?
I'm very interested in hearing more.

A little about my background. A very long time ago I was into the occult.
It was not a conscious choice I just fell into it through more and more involvement in New Age practices. It started with transcendental meditation,
controlled OBE and ended with me being able to channel a spirit!! This came almost naturally for me.

One day I had a such a frightening negative experience, I swore it off for good!
I've never looked back!! That was 18 yrs. ago. Five years later I found my way
back to the church, ask Jesus to renew my spirit, and centered my life around
Christ. I do believe I was dealing with demons at that time and they had a strong hold on me.

With all of that said, My experience and walk on the dark side has left an impression on me. Satan is real! I know this. I do not expose myself to ANYTHING demonic whatsoever! It scares the hell out of me!!

Thanks for allowing me to share.
Pax

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
With my own personal experience diphenhydramine HCI causes severe hallucinations while under influence of the drug. It is the main sleep inducing ingredient in over the counter sleep aids and Tylenol PM. It puts an individual in a state to where they are dreaming while awake and do not realize it. On this link scroll down to side effects.

en.wikipedia.org...

As a nurse, just wanted to say you are right. I was not on anything. The substance you listed is Benadryl I am actually allergic to all over the counter sleep aids. I appreciate the info though.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Maybe Semyaza wants you back?

Ghosts don't exist, but demons sure do, had a couple of encounters with them myself, no I was'nt asleep when it happened either.

My guess though is that it was a very lucid nightmare.

-Lahara

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1

Maybe Semyaza wants you back?

Ghosts don't exist, but demons sure do, had a couple of encounters with them myself, no I was'nt asleep when it happened either.

My guess though is that it was a very lucid nightmare.

-Lahara

OK good, I don't believe in ghost but I do in demons. I am bought by the blood of Christ and secure in my salvation. So too bad for Semyaza , whoever that is,?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It's not a haunting. It's not a angry spirit. It's not any of these things that no one can even come close to proving.

It's called sleep paralysis. Yes, you felt like you were moving, I experience that a lot too but you're actually paralyzed. You tried clawing at your husband, but I'm going to assume he didn't wake up and you weren't at the end of the bed when you woke up. It was incredibly vivid and when you woke up it felt like your brain was working slowly trying to process everything.

It's happened to me hundreds of times, and many people experience it. There are different levels, some are calm, and some are horrifying. I won't dismiss the fear of your experience, I've had some scary as hell stuff happen during these but it's your brain. I have a degree in psychology and have studied this a lot. I understand that supernatural forces could be at work but there is definitely activity going on in your brain that causes this. It's not some mysterious force that no one can entirely explain, there are biological and chemical factors involved in this.

I just really hate when people automatically jump to the ghost/demon conclusion because it does nothing to help the person out and sends them down a path that can do a lot of damage to the psyche and the persons general well being. I understand it was frightening and incredibly vivid but it's ok and you're going to be ok. If you have any questions on the topic I'd be more than willing to answer them.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Both ghosts and demons do exist.

If it's a demon, you have nothing to fear as Jesus will protect you.
You don't need anything to help you call for protection, but it is a help to have something physical that you feel has a connection to Jesus, which you can easily grasp hold of as you tell Him you need help. A locket, cross or bracelet is ideal.

Speak to it in case it's a bored and lost ghost. Just do this at home when no-one else is around. Tell it you don't mind sharing your house, but it must not frighten you. If you feel inclined, speak to it of Jesus and heaven; you might inspire it to move on. If not, just accept it as an invisible part of your household.

We have a mischievous ghost in this house, and it seems to need acknowledgement. The way to get something else flying across the room at me is to deny its existence. I've been hit several times since moving here by things that "drop", but travel through the air on an angle to target me.But it's calmed down over the years.

Whatever you do, don't channel again, don't use a ouija board and don't do the pentacostal stuff.

Of course it could just have been be a peculiar dream.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thank you so much for your offer, I may take you up on it! I was wondering about sleep paralysis. Kind of leaning in that direction.

Like i said, this happened four years ago, and hasn't happened since so i know there is nothing to fear. I just wanted on on little insight into what may have happened.

Iappreciate evrybodies input.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I thought you would have known whoI was tlaking about, well, Semyaza is satan's original name, it means several things, "He see's my name", "Rebellion", ect..

Demons can still attack you, howver they cannot possess you.

If it really bugsyou so much, just ask Yeshua to protect you and you can always cast out demons from your house in His name.

-Lahara

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Reply to Random1

Yeah, I googled the name and found out. Thanks, for the info. I usually do pray a prayer of protection every night before I go to sleep.

Now, if this happens again, i will try and remember what you and everybody said. Although, most likely all good advice will be wiped from my mind due to my own reaction. FEAR!! Lol!

Thanks again
Pax

new topics

top topics

join