It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Attacks Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

JERUSALEM, Jan 11 (Reuters) - The Israeli army said troops in the Golan Heights came under small arms fire from Syria on Sunday and that, although no one was hurt, it had complained to the United Nations force that monitors the frontier area.
"In the afternoon, there were a number of bullets fired from Syria at an Israeli army force doing engineering work near the fence," an army spokesman said. "No one was hurt but a vehicle was damaged. Forces in the field are examining the incident and a complaint was sent to UNDOF which sent a team there. The circumstances of the incident are still unclear."

AlertNet

Well, you didn't think Syria moved 10-20K troops into Lebanon for nothing, did you???

Not to get all religious on you or anything, but:

Isaiah 17

1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

[edit on 1/11/2009 by mrmonsoon]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
In the War of Ezekiel 38-39, what part does Syria play? Is Syria part of Gog-Magog?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I am not sure, to be honest.

I know you can google it and find out.

Here is a youtube video:
www.youtube.com...

Here is some more info:

2) The War of Gog and Magog

The next event on God’s prophetic timeline is the War of Gog and Magog. The leader of Russia will form a military coalition which includes the nations Iran, Libya, Ethiopia, and Turkey, and he will lead them against the nation of Israel.

“Therefore, son of man, prophesy against Gog. Give him this message from the Sovereign Lord: When my people are living in peace in their land, then you will rouse yourself. You will come from your homeland in the distant north with your vast cavalry and your mighty army, and you will cover the land like a cloud. This will happen in the distant future. I will bring you against my land as everyone watches, and my holiness will be displayed by what happens to you. Then all the nations will know that I am the Lord.” Ezekiel 38:14-16 (NLT)
God will display His glory to all the nations of the world by personally destroying this Russian military coalition. This will happen either at the beginning of, or sometime before, the tribulation. How do we know? Because God tells us the nation of Israel will use the leftover implements of this war as fuel for seven years:

“Then the people in the towns of Israel will go out and pick up your small and large shields, bows and arrows, javelins and spears, and they will use them for fuel. There will be enough to last them seven years!” Ezekiel 39:9 (NLT)

Source

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueangel7
In the War of Ezekiel 38-39, what part does Syria play? Is Syria part of Gog-Magog?

No, but some of the people on ATS might be a part of that greatest threat to humanity's long-term survival, the Evil Axis of Religious Fundamentalism.

2000 year old scribblings don't have anything to do with this. Or actually they do, since both the Jews and the Muslims who are trying to bleed themselves to death believe in these stories...

I believe the world would be a lot better place without religious Bible/Koran/Torah -thumbing bloodthirsty fanatics.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ukuli

I don't entirely agree with you, UK.

Imo, it is all the evil men/women using religion as soma for the mass's to do their evil biding.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
One day they are blowing up UN schools killing 70 women and children, the next they attack a UN medical supply convoy killing 2 and injuring dozen of aid workers...third day they complain to the UN that some hypothetical Syrians shot at their engineers and a vehicle was damaged.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by Waldy]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
regardless of evil men twisting 2500 year old prophesies to their own purposes, the idea that this is all predicted and must be played out now, with proponents on both sides, doesn't exactly help the diplomatic efforts to stem the slaughter of innocents.

if syria has fired shots at israeli forces it's got feck all to do with god or isaiah.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Well, you didn't think Syria moved 10-20K troops into Lebanon for nothing, did you???

No, but they didn't do it to fire a few bullets either. These border firings happen all the time across the world. It doesn't mean it is a sign of a coming war.

This is hardly an "attack" on Israel. It is a regular event on nearly every border in the world, aside from Europe and United States-Canada.

In my opinion, what ever is going to happen between Syria and Israel is going to happen regardless. I don't think this event pushes anything any further. It just makes a good news story.

And one more thing: It's absolutely laughable that Israel complained to the United Nations. Check that - it's hilarious. Waldy summed it up very nicely so I don't need to comment any further. Good post Waldy

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
nom,

No, that was no big deal at all.

HOWEVER

It is nothings like that that lead to something big.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
No surprise there! Israel is always getting shot at by those around them.

You think they'd have the good sense to strike back!

Oh! They did. And are criticized by everyone and their brother.

Think it was a person of Arabic descent?

I've got five dollars that says it is!

Another five says it's not a Buddist!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
No surprise there! Israel is always getting shot at by those around them.

You think they'd have the good sense to strike back!

Strike back because they got fired on by guns? Are you serious?

If you are: Do it Israel! They shot some guns at you, scramble some fighters with 500 lb. air-to-ground missiles! Better use some bunker busters too, there may be some AK-47s underground! Hell, ready the damn nuclear weapons! That'll teach them to fire a few bullets at you again!

Heil disproportionate force!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
We all know how this would end. Syria mount an invasion of Israel will they are busy in Gaza, they get 50 miles from Tel-Aviv. Damascus gets nuked.

Or Syria and Iran launch thousands of missiles against Israel, killing 10.000 israelis, Damascus and Tehran get nuked.

It's not a big deal. If the muslims countries are ever able to do real harm to Israel, Israel will nuke them. And even if Israel would get destroyed before being able to launch nukes, which is highly unlikely, NATO would nuke them anyway.

So in the end: Israel wins. End of story.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Novus, you're a pretender.

A fake.

A man, any man of real countenance, a man with a swinging pair heavy enough to pull the wrinkles out of his forehead, if shot at, will respond.

As a former military man, I've heard this foolish concept of measured, or reciprocal response time and again. This is a recent concept, one touted by amateurs, and one never actually used in war, battle, conflict, or even a gunfight.

The entire reason for weapon development is to negate "equal" response. I assure you sir, had you ever been personally shot at, the concept of reciprocation in kind is the last thing on your mind.

And yes, if I get shot at with a assault rifle, given any choice, I just as soon have a 500-pounder dropped on his head, his ass be damned.

Militarily speaking, if you find yourself in a fair fight, then you didn't plan right, and your execution positively sucks. I think it was Winston Churchill that said, "No folly is more costly than intolerant idealism."

This is a truth known almost two and a half millennia ago:

"It is important to win morally as to win militarily. By which I mean our victories must break the foe's heart and tear from him all hope of contesting us again. I do not wish to fight war upon war, but by war to produce such peace as will admit no insurrection."

Nothing has changed. In mortal combat, it is perfectly justifiable to smash a man with a bomb.

The point is - to make a point.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This post was removed by me. It's argumentative and is unnecessary.

I apologize, dooper. Ignore this if you have read it.

[edit on 1/11/09 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The stone throwing Palestinians have been smuggling in state of the art weapons and missiles by the thousands. They have been training in Iran, who has handed them the best Russia killing equipment Russia produces, to fight a proxy war in Gaza.

The Paestinian people are the victims of a selfserving leadership who are happy to make millions for themselves skimming off the billions they are given every year by Europe, the US, etc. Almost none of the money filters down to the people. They know if they ever stopped being at war they would just be another impoverished Third World country with no prospects.

So a war with Israel, financed by Iran who is rubbing it's hands enjoying its confrontion the West. Israel attempts to accomodate the Palestinians, but their cowardly greedy leadership, hiding out in Damascus and hospitals in Gaza know that dead Palestinians civilians means continued funding. Every photo op of a dead Palestinian baby means a check from liberal Europeans for a another million dollars.

Middle class Westerners who’ve never stepped foot in the Middle East watch Youtube and fantasize about Palestinian freedom fighters against an evil Israel, exactly as the Muslim world war marketing PR men want them to.

Mike F

new topics

top topics

join