It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Wants to Jam Cell Phones During Terror Attack

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Cool. I appreciate the info.
Well, I have 3 long range (2 miles) that are charged.
I hope they won't be subject to any jamming.

"Not if we jam it"!!
Lone Star~Spaceballs - The Movie

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Every time there is a big school shooting the local cell phone network promptly collapses. It is to prevent unauthorized info from getting out. So yeah, looks like they have been doing this for a while now.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
You people are REALLY addicted to your cellphones.

OH MY GOD! What if I'm in a car accident? Umm, what happened 20 years ago when you were in a car accident? You or an observer will use a pay phone or a land line, big flipping deal.

Vas

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Terrorist are crazy but not dumb. They would just use something like the Motorola EM1000R Two-Way Radio it has a 20 mile range and a set of two is least than $50. Or steal police radios or firetruck radios. What are you going to do jam them as well? And how about this has everyone forget about the old CB radios. They could rip radios out of planes or boats or any other vehicle. Jamming cell phones would only cause more problems and may even help the terrorist. And they could still use landlines, the internet and Wi-FI. You would have to stop ALL communications even TV and they still would not stop them or even slow them down much I bet. Who ever came up with this idea was a fool. These people are crazy but they are smart. They heard that NYPD is planing this and make plans of there own. The 9/11 attacks did not need any communications. They carried out a detailed plan. This whole idea is dumb.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth
You people are REALLY addicted to your cellphones.

OH MY GOD! What if I'm in a car accident? Umm, what happened 20 years ago when you were in a car accident? You or an observer will use a pay phone or a land line, big flipping deal.

Vas

What is a pay phone? Is that one of them old phones you use to put money in? They remove all of them from my town 15 years ago or longer.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

On the news today they warned people that during the Inauguration their cell phone probably will not work. The news said because of the number of people but I wonder if they plan to block communication.

I was in New York during the big black out. Cell phones did not work then - I wondered why because during other power outages my phone worked.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
Every time there is a big school shooting the local cell phone network promptly collapses. It is to prevent unauthorized info from getting out. So yeah, looks like they have been doing this for a while now.

Well in any given area there is only so much capacity for calls - you would likely find you still have signal... It's just very hit or miss that you will get a line -ever tried calling someone dead on newyears??

I imagine the phones companies would look at the usage in the area and add something like another 150%-200% for very heavy use periods... So when the S really does hit the fan... Do others a favour, think about the call you are going to make - if it is not important, or can wait a bit then be nice and dont clog the towers, you could be depriving someone who is trapped under rubble or something getting a call out - and that does happen.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join