It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous ATS like em or hate em

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
ok people of ATS lets see everyones views on Anonymous ATS users
do you like them or hate them

Post your Views and reasons.

i will go first
I hate them, one reason i have Anonymous ATS on Ignore,
my reasons they seem to always bring up acient topics on ATS which have long been dead.

lets see your Views people

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
While occasionally they do come though with a nugget of useful knowledge on a subject, I agree that they tend to past events that have been tirelessly discussed. I for one would like a limit on the anonymous post. You could only post anonymously so many times then you will have to join ar just keep reading.

While the initial idea of anons is a good one can bring people to the site. They also bring crackpots with know real info. I seen a little of what the mods have to put up with the some anon post are simply ranting on nothing that contributes.

So I think the post limit may be the best way to screen out the loose cannons and give us new insightful members. And I thank the mods for their hard work for siffering through the babble that they do.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

post limit wouldnt work.
unlike Registerd members where you can restrict a members posting, for a Anonymous ATS user you would be relying on them using the same IP

but most IPs are dynamic so that would never work for a unregisterd user group,

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
There's actually a really simple solution to this that for some reason doesn't seem to get considered.

Keep the anonymous posters, sometimes they have extraordinary input. But do not allow the thread to be bumped up until the anonymous post has been cleared by the mods. It requires a little extra coding but it would be a perfect middle ground for everyone.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
i won.t go so far to say i hate them ut i don.t like them!
no matter what thread of BTS or ATS you have to wait for ages (due to the good work of the mods) to read what oppion the anonymous has put into the thread.

and i really don.t undertand that concept. ok to let people not logged in read the thread, but why allowing them to write to a thread? what harm would be done to them if they get an account like we got, than they could easily contribute like any of us!

you never really know who anomymous ats is.
but you can get an idea of orange-light or bodrul or who ever.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well now that I know the logistics. Can’em. If you feel the necessity to post on said subject join up. This place is viral enough to keep you coming back and participating. It hooked me. Damn you ATS. Just kidding mod gods I am glad to have found a place like this to explore alternative views and experiences with only mild ridicule. My vote can’em.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Bodrul..I agree with you.
It's annoying to see long dead threads bumped by an anon post, and you can't even read it.
I realize in theory it was a good idea and a way to attract new members. But many sign up and make only one or two posts anyway.
In my opinion it has created MORE work for the mods,and with the exception of some good gems, it is mostly abused by trolls and banned members.
Besides, even as a member you are as anon as you want to be.
Anon posts still have the IP traced.
I'd also like to point out that I like to give credit where it is due and if you post as anon all the time, it makes that impossible to do.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Wouldn't limiting anon's posts be counter product to the discussion boards? Yes there are crazies who spout bs that is unsubstantiated, but there are also anons who have their facts correct. To punish all or limit all, due to the few is not the right approach, in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

join