Enough. It's time for a boycott

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Well done to the OP!

In order to stop this inhumane terrorist genocide of Palestinians, boycotting Israeli goods will eventually make an impact. I've been doing it for years and I'm happy with the knowledge that my hard earned cash is not going to strengthen the terrorist genocidal nazi government of Israel AND it's supporters.

I went into a shopping mall the other day and I found some packed dates with 'Made in Israel' on the back. I was unhappy that Israeli products are openly being sold so I went to the customer service desk and explained the situation. I briefly outlined what Israel is doing and that selling their goods direct support those actions. Customer service then called this guy who asked me to follow him. He then promptly took off the boxes of dates from the shelf and took them in the back! He explained that he was absolutely *p*ssed* with the situation too and would do it regardless of consequences. He also said he would find out if the supplier is actually a Palestinian but he was pretty sure it was grown from stolen lands. I shook his hand and felt pleased that I made a difference and other people also have the humanity and intelligence to do likewise.

Another step that we can take is to give money to organisations trying to do their best in Palestine at the moment. Islamic Relief is one of them and have programs to directly help Orphan children.

Think: a great way and an easy way to CONTRIBUTE would be to give these relief efforts financial support so that we at least CAN SAY we -have- or -are- doing something about the problem.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
These threads are getting old. And this one, especially, is silly.

Any of you who seriously want to boycott Israel over this, can at least explain what Israel should be doing instead.

Let's remember a few things:

Hamas has always sworn to destroy Israel.
Palestinians voted overwhelmingly to put them in charge of their country.
Hamas continues to fire rockets, for eternity, into Israel.

Given the above, what SHOULD Israel do about a neighbor sworn to kill them, that they aren't doing already? What should they do that would be more friendly, kill less innocents, and make you all happy, and still keep the rockets from being fired?

As long as Hamas is in power, there will always be rockets fired at Israel. Always. Hamas hasn't said they want anything from Israel other than for them to completely leave or completely die.

So what should Israel do? Maybe the brave and mighty soul that confronts supermarket managers should answer.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by thrustbucket]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thrustbucket
These threads are getting old. And this one, especially, is silly.

Any of you who seriously want to boycott Israel over this, can at least explain what Israel should be doing instead.

Let's remember a few things:

Hamas has always sworn to destroy Israel.
Palestinians voted overwhelmingly to put them in charge of their country.
Hamas continues to fire rockets, for eternity, into Israel.

Given the above, what SHOULD Israel do about a neighbor sworn to kill them, that they aren't doing already? What should they do that would be more friendly, kill less innocents, and make you all happy, and still keep the rockets from being fired?

As long as Hamas is in power, there will always be rockets fired at Israel. Always. Hamas hasn't said they want anything from Israel other than for them to completely leave or completely die.

So what should Israel do? Maybe the brave and mighty soul that confronts supermarket managers should answer.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by thrustbucket]

The simple Fact is:

The Palestines are Pissed because the Jews keep stealing the
Land that was designated theirs ~1947

The Jews are Pissed because the Palestinians won't let them
take Palestinian Land

Just wondering if Adolf would think any more or less of the
Jews NOW, if he was alive today?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
great thread and v informative

I have officially boycotted israeli products and i hope others do too.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 04326
great thread and v informative

I have officially boycotted israeli products and i hope others do too.

Really?

Tell me one product that is made in Israel, just one will do.

What will really F Israel up is, if the US Government stops giving
Israel billion dollar handouts every 3 months.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Boycotting Israel's product is as pointless as pising in the wind.

C'moon the majority of Americans don't have the will power to do something as drastic as that.

You'd think that the average fat couch drinking American's who eat McDonald's and drink Coca Cola is gonna give upo their guilty pleasures?

Gimme a break....

Go on, a few of you boycotting Israel's products wont do crap. We have US military contracts with YOUR government that will sustain us for generations.

We own you people.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by SkepticalSpectacle]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thinking a boycott will achieve anything is ridiculous.

What is Israel to do? If someone takes a swing at you, are you just going to stand there and take it? Or are you going to put the guys lights out?

Someone comes at you with a knife, you gonna let him stab you? Or are you going to bust a cap in his crown?

Hopefully the latter in both instances. Hamas started this firing rockets into Israel. Then during the "cease-fire" they re-armed with longer range rockets. Sure was nice of them to use the cease-fire to their advantage, huh?

Myself, I would be quite happy to see Israel flat-out level the place, make a parking lot out of gaza. Then it would be all over!

Or would it? There is still hezebollah in lebanon to contend with. Their getting feelers in this little war already. They start to get too involved, Israel should level that place as well. Another parking lot!

There is not a jew in my family, but I still understand, and side with Israel in this engagement. When the rockets stop, when hamas stop teaching their kids to kill jews, this will all end.

There can be no one-sided cease-fires.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by cbxer55]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I don't think too many here are pro Israel in any confrontation. We all know innocent people are dying to what is going on in Gaza and I don't think anyone sees this as a good thing or Israel is doing a good thing.

If the Mafia are arming and training bank robbers, would you call on the people to restrain the police who are trying to stop the robbers?

The problem is that those labeled pro-Israel see the situation there as not just Israel creating the problem. We see Israel attack and all the horrors of war, but what has caused them over decades to head in this direction has a lot of players in play that it seems all want Israel to do this, and actually have over the decades to either do nothing to help the situation or manipulated the situation for all this violence to happen.

So you have two groups. One has a very narrow view and only sees Israel as the sole group involved and you have another group with a wider view of all players causing this event to happen.

How can anyone, with a sound mind, think that it is wrong for Israel to attempt to forcibly stop the barrage of war weapons on their tiny country? Fortuneatly, we have a competent news media to convince us that the Bank Robbers are the victims. Kind of like the idiotic court verdicts you always hear about. The perpetrator is the victim, not the victim. Duh.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticalSpectacle
reply to post by infolurker

Star for you!

This man speaks the truth!

The Palestinian has brought this upon themselves!

All the years of unfounded blind hatred towards the Jews, this is what they get! They got what they deserved, including their woman and children!

It's GOD punishment!

They shoudl get out while they have the chance!

[edit on 12-1-2009 by SkepticalSpectacle]

First time ive used svearing in here but what a # you are, by praising the killing of innocent people. I sincerly hope that you and your whole family gets drafted to walk Gaza, then we maybe could be so lucky that all your family gene´s would be eridicated.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by cbxer55

What is Israel to do? If someone takes a swing at you, are you just going to stand there and take it?

If you are religious i believe that all religions more or less tells you to turn the other chic ....

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
What does Israel produce?

Medical technology, so stop buying medicine.

Electronics and computer technology, so stop using computers. Your PC probably has components made in Israel inside of it, or stuff made in Israel, or partially made or developed by Israel for the equipment that made your PC, and other electronics.

Weapons sytems, that most of you can not buy anyway. While the U.S. gives Israel a great deal of weapons, Israel helps the U.S. develop a great many of those weapons, and then provides field testing.

Once the oil runs out in the Middle East, there won't be anything worth buying coming from the region, except what comes out of Israel. Then all of the Middle East will be trying to get jobs in Israel, or Europe, or the U.S., or India, where they have already earned bad reputations.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loke.

What is Israel to do? If someone takes a swing at you, are you just going to stand there and take it?

If you are religious i believe that all religions more or less tells you to turn the other chic ....

Not quite. I just did a reference search and I found that Islam forbids any kind of aggression whatsoever.

However, self-defence is a must and duty.

Holy Quran Surah Al-Baqara v217:
"They ask thee concerning fighting in the Prohibited Month. Say: "Fighting therein is a grave (offence); but graver is it in the sight of Allah to prevent access to the path of Allah to deny Him to prevent access to the Sacred Mosque and drive out its members. Tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter. Nor will they cease fighting you until they turn you back from your faith if they can. And if any of you turn back from their faith and die in unbelief their works will bear no fruit in this life and in the Hereafter; they will be Companions of the Fire and will abide therein."

"26.227 Except those who believe work righteousness engage much in the remembrance of Allah and defend themselves only after they are unjustly attacked. And soon will the unjust assailants know what vicissitudes their affairs will take!"

"42.39 And those who when an oppressive wrong is inflicted on them (are not cowed but) help and defend themselves."

"42.41 But indeed if any do help and defend themselves after a wrong (done) to them against such there is no cause of blame."

Cool.

You know when there is a bully about you try to appeal to their heart and mind. If that doesn't work then you kick his ass good and proper. They stop bullying you after that. My experience at the microcosm level that also applies to the macrocosm level. It's funny though - school teachers NEVER allowed pupils to defend themselves. Was that the brainwashing and conditioning to stop people defending themselves? I think so.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
the jews and israelis that protest the war themsleves are probably too afriad to be lynched again like in ww2 without people even caring, just like before. or just like back in 1920 when there was no occupation and hundreds of jews were killed and slaughtered. was that because of the occupation that happened in 1967?

they are probably so scared they are saying they are against it, just like when people close to jesus denied jesus.

this war has given all the rest of the world to have their anti-semite ideas displayed and "proven" ... get a damn life is my word to all you.

and dont pretend for a second that you care when your behind your computers, start moving down to gaza and start helping out the people there, then speak...start by talking about the occupation in afghanistan by the americans etc, or iraq...people forgot about those already?

people are a bunch of ignorant and lowlife pieces of crap...so tired of "they have occupied" . start blaming hamas instead who is a terrorist organization. When are people gonna stand up for israel and its rights??? Is it always gonna be okay for them to get hurt just cuz they are superior to a terrorist force and a country where people support them?

give me a break will you....

[edit on 13-1-2009 by tmpxvx]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Just found this tid bit of info:

Israeli product carry the unique code starting More..with # 729

Most of the products have a bar code to identify them.

Each bar code contains a lot of information such as the factory and also the country where it is produced.

Some examples that has nothing to do with Israel:
383 EAN Slovenija
471 EAN Taiwan

A bar code starting with "729" indicates that this product is produced in Israel

source: liveleak

If the information is correct, then it would definitely make things easier when trying to identify israeli goods.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

What is Israel to do? If someone takes a swing at you, are you just going to stand there and take it? Or are you going to put the guys lights out?

Someone comes at you with a knife, you gonna let him stab you? Or are you going to bust a cap in his crown?

Hopefully the latter in both instances. Hamas started this firing rockets into Israel. Then during the "cease-fire" they re-armed with longer range rockets. Sure was nice of them to use the cease-fire to their advantage, huh?

Myself, I would be quite happy to see Israel flat-out level the place, make a parking lot out of gaza. Then it would be all over!

Or would it? There is still hezebollah in lebanon to contend with. Their getting feelers in this little war already. They start to get too involved, Israel should level that place as well. Another parking lot!

There is not a jew in my family, but I still understand, and side with Israel in this engagement. When the rockets stop, when hamas stop teaching their kids to kill jews, this will all end.

There can be no one-sided cease-fires.

It's pretty easy to call someone a terrorist....
nobody wants to know the reason because they are a terrorist,
and we don't negotiate with them because they are a terrorist.

But why do you think Palestinians hate Israel so much?
Once you understand the question, you will understand the answer.
You will also discover why 11/9 happend.

It's pretty easy to work out why Israel hate Palestians so much,
because they keep thowing rocks and rockets at them.
But why do they keep thowing rocks and rockets?
People don't do anything without a reason or cause.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I've been boycotting anything American for a year or two now. The only Israeli brand I know is the Fox clothing company. They just opened a store in my country (Manila, Philippines.)

Boycotting US and British goods = boycotting Israel.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Will you be boycotting anything to do with the Palestinians as well?
Afterall - THIS is what they pump out ...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
More child abuse of Palestinian children - at the hands of Palestinians.
Will you be boycotting anything to do with sending $$ or aide to the Palestinians until THEY clean up THEIR acts?

Their airwaves are FULL of this crap -

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Power to the people

the more people that avoid Israeli goods the better

feel free to use my Sig

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

You and the world are forgetting, Israel is the apple of God's eye, if you trust the bible is God's word. Go ahead and go against Israel, what you will get is the wrath of God.

Zec 2:8 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join