It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough. It's time for a boycott

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarrylGalasso
Could it be possible that Israel is trying to bait Iran into a confrontation so they can then use that for justification to go to war with Iran?

Let them! If it's war that they want, then it's war they deserve!

We have nukes and we aren't afraid to use it if circumstances call for it!

The rest of the Arab world are cowards, and the US is backing us!

As the Americans always say : BRING IT ON!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
You are a demagogue and spume disinformation.

This was taken during 2006 Lebanon war and it says : "To Hezbollah with love".

And you are ignoring the subject, as usual for a pro-Israel poster. No surprise there.

If you'll actually read the discussion we were having, it doesn't matter when this was made, or who the rockets were aimed at.

The fact is, we were discussing the accusation that Hamas use indoctrination while Israel supposedly doesn't.

I see Israeli kids being indoctrinated into hating others and wishing death on them.

Pay attention before you post please.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
None of you give a stuff until it's trendy and really this is just a PR job by Hammas to manipulate world opinion starting with the hysterical and gulliable.

Sure innocents are suffering. But when you take sides with liars and manipulators, you are just becoming a weapon in a war which you don't even understand.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by sy.gunson]

So all those innocent people being killed in Gaza are now "Liars and manipulators". Wow, I never knew little kids could be so evil

I am not on "the side" of Hamas, I am against the slaughter of innocent people.

Maybe you'll become a true intellectual when you realize that there are innocent people being caught up in your imaginary scenario where only Hamas and Israel exist.

And for your information, no I've never protested against Hamas either. But then, there is a legal claim to resisting illegal occupation.

But as a supreme intelligence, you'd understand this already, wouldn't you?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticalSpectacle
All the years of unfounded blind hatred towards the Jews, this is what they get! They got what they deserved, including their woman and children!

It's GOD punishment!

They shoudl get out while they have the chance!

[edit on 12-1-2009 by SkepticalSpectacle]

And here we have a perfect example of a wonderful religion.

Thank you. merely for showing a real side to what true faith means.

I despair at the incredible stupidity of some people, using their GOD as an excuse for killing women and children.

I am certain your "GOD" would be utterly ashamed of you, and all those like you.

SR

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Illegal occupation or not Israelis are humans too so his point was valid.

Where was the concern for innocent Israeli children being bombed by rocket attacks.

Where's the concern when Israel get's hamstringed by the world into ceasefiring and exiting Gaza for the Israeli children when rockets are once again fired at them and Israel powerless to do anything about it because of worldwide pressure.

There's too much hypocracy in this situation.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

All the years of unfounded blind hatred towards the Jews, this is what they get! They got what they deserved, including their woman and children!

It's GOD punishment!

I despair at the incredible stupidity of some people, using their GOD as an excuse for killing women and children.

There. Personal attack!

Moderators, please.

Is this the way people act when they can't stand other people's opinions?

It's my opinion and you CANNOT call me stupid for that. YOu are disobeying ATS T&C!

They chose HAMAS. "You reap what you sow" the sayings goes. Do you justify the killings of innocent civilians by suicide bombings?

We are targeting HAMAS. THey chose to hide behind civilians. And the civilians, in their blind devotion to the terrorist, Jew killers that is HAMAS, chose to protect them.

They were just standing in harms way, much like that stupid Palestinian girl jumping and waving her hands in front of Israel guns.

They asked for it. Not our fault. :| It's the Palestinians fault. They should GTFO OUR land!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I am neither pro-Israel or pro-Gazaite but I do support the right to defend yourself.
What do you do when a group calls for your complete destruction and fires rockets into your backyard? Nothing? I think not. If a peaceful solution could not be reached I would utterly destroy those that seek to disrupt my harmony and way of life.

Hamas CHOOSES to fight from beneath and behind the "skirts" of civilians, women and children. That is not honor but cowardice.
Israel should take the Gaza area and absorb it into Israel. Those that seek violence towards Israel should be killed or removed from Gaza...period. Why that allow that little spit of a boil to exist is beyond me but it is probably some UN BS.

Iran threatened some sort of intervention if Israel ground forces entered Gaza. Where is that intervention? I think Iran, despite its' saber rattling, realizes it is treading dangerous ground and would be attacked mercilessly if they took an ACTIVE role in this drama.

People protest all the time. The vast majority are there for the party...yelling, chanting, "down with the man", etc. Some few are using it to aid the terrorists by creating turmoil in otherwise peaceful areas. Some very few are honestly "peace seekers" that want everyone to live and get along together and sincerely believe it is possible...a bit naive but they are sincere.

At this point in time it is our, the world's, responsibility to end terrorism. It can be done by killing terrorists wherever we find them, kill their funders, leaders and those that recruit and teach such terror and violence. That is the only way to end this problem. They will never sit down and talk. They see this as their Holy War to rid the world of those that do not believe. We are the devil to them and our complete destruction is their only goal.

To do otherwise is to watch this madness continue and grow perhaps coming soon to a mall or church near you. Perhaps it will be your church...good luck.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

It's GOD punishment!

There. Personal attack!

Moderators, please.

It's my opinion and you CANNOT call me stupid for that. YOu are disobeying ATS T&C!

All I can say is, what a valuable addition to the debate this mature level of discussion is. You're really getting down to the nuts and bolts of the issues, congratulations. If only the diplomats charging round the world trying to wring some kind of agreement out of the two sides had your perceptive and astute remarks to bring to the table.

Sometimes I think ATS should have a creche, where we can leave the under 12s while the rest of us talk like adults...

LW

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kai Winters

Hamas CHOOSES to fight from beneath and behind the "skirts" of civilians, women and children. That is not honor but cowardice.
Israel should take the Gaza area and absorb it into Israel. Those that seek violence towards Israel should be killed or removed from Gaza...period. Why that allow that little spit of a boil to exist is beyond me but it is probably some UN BS.

Iran threatened some sort of intervention if Israel ground forces entered Gaza. Where is that intervention? I think Iran, despite its' saber rattling, realizes it is treading dangerous ground and would be attacked mercilessly if they took an ACTIVE role in this drama.

People protest all the time. The vast majority are there for the party...yelling, chanting, "down with the man", etc. Some few are using it to aid the terrorists by creating turmoil in otherwise peaceful areas. Some very few are honestly "peace seekers" that want everyone to live and get along together and sincerely believe it is possible...a bit naive but they are sincere.

At this point in time it is our, the world's, responsibility to end terrorism. It can be done by killing terrorists wherever we find them, kill their funders, leaders and those that recruit and teach such terror and violence. That is the only way to end this problem. They will never sit down and talk. They see this as their Holy War to rid the world of those that do not believe. We are the devil to them and our complete destruction is their only goal.

To do otherwise is to watch this madness continue and grow perhaps coming soon to a mall or church near you. Perhaps it will be your church...good luck.

Quoted for truth.

HAMAS : cowards.

IRAN : wussy.

Ahmadinejad: king of wussies.

The rest of the Arab world : Oil stuffed camels with noballs.

American Government : Our "homie"

To the rest of you HAMAS sympathizers. 911 was a Muslims' job! 911 was just a beginning of their reign of terror. Do you want the Arab extremists to destroy the western civilization? If you people choose them, then you are bringing the rest of the civilized world into harm, then the blood will be on YOUR hands!

YOu will be responsible for millions of civilians lives in the future instead, killed in their blinded subservience to their 'God' to rid of this world of infidels!

Let the Israels tackle this problem at the root! They should be commended instead of being despised. Soon in years to come you will see that the Israelis are the real heroes!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

It's GOD punishment!

There. Personal attack!

Moderators, please.

They chose HAMAS. "You reap what you sow" the sayings goes. Do you justify the killings of innocent civilians by suicide bombings?

We are targeting HAMAS. THey chose to hide behind civilians. And the civilians, in their blind devotion to the terrorist, Jew killers that is HAMAS, chose to protect them.

They were just standing in harms way, much like that stupid Palestinian girl waving and jumping her hands in front of Israel guns.

They asked for it. Not our fault. :|

I simply stated that I despair at the stupidity of some people, if you chose to take that personally, that is between you and your sense of inadequacy.

Though, I do find it interesting that when a person actually calls another out on their blatant hatred and religious bigotry, an attack at credibility is launched.

So, by your reckoning, it would be entirely justified if another nation attacked women and children in Israel, for a perceived injustice?
After all, Israel elected the government that is murdering people in Gaza right now. So does that make ALL Israelis acceptable targets?

American and its allies invaded Iraq, does that make ALL Americans and British and so on acceptable targets?

All Americans and British are simply in the way, it's their own fault if they are killed in the crossfire, right?

And, is there not a mention in the T&C about religious hatred?

MODS, If I am to be spoken to about supposedly calling a person an idiot (not my fault if he fears that he is and took a general observation so personally), I would expect you to have a word with another poster about religious hatred and inciting violence.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

There. Personal attack! Moderators, please.

I sent you a U2U ... check the little red button that is lit up at the top of your screen. Basically it says that if you think there is a break in the T&C here then hit the alert button at the bottom of the post that you think is bad .. and when the next screen comes up then hit the 'enter' on that as well. The mods will be alerted and they will check it all out.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Why don't you let me lob bombs at you for years on end and see you you do not want to do something. I would do the same to protect my family and so would you. Get a GRIP!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Already doing it, see my sig.

I suggest others who feel the same way visit here and grab a small image for your sig or avatar.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Boycott?-?

There's only two things that Israel makes

Miltary Hardware and Software to do with any type of
security system.

So boycotting Israel is pretty pointless.

You could boycott local Business, but that would be like
collective punishment and you'd be no better than Israel.
You would be punishing all those that have nothing to do
Israel Politics.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

There. Personal attack!

Moderators, please.

They were just standing in harms way, much like that stupid Palestinian girl jumping and waving her hands in front of Israel guns.

They asked for it. Not our fault. :| It's the Palestinians fault. They should GTFO OUR land!

You are kidding right? Dont you know you cant start a sentence with "And"?

I dont agree with the link to this site listing all the companies that should be boycotted, especially since most of them are American companies. Israel also makes some pretty innovative products that I dont want to punish the businessmen or engineers for (read somewhere israel has highest number of engineers per population).

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
im so ashamed of us (occident) forgetting it's not about gaza it's about PALESTINA a country Israel occupies, and forbids to exist despite the UN resolutions and the FACT they were there first. how would you react if someone kicks you again and again and again while you are closed in an small room? quasam rockets means just desperation. give palestinian's life and land back and none of this will ever happen

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Did Germany have a right to defend itself against the French resistance ?
Well I suppose so, but the idea that an offensive force may use defence against resistance to occupation and invasion as a defence against war crimes is exceedingly dubious.

Were the Japanese within their rights to butcher the south east asians, australians, becuase they were resisting persecution and genocide ?

Were the Nazis within their rights to empty our the Polish Ghettos as the Jews were fighting back ? Was it legitimate to murder thousands of Jews as they lay in their beds because some of them were organising an armed resistance to Nazi occupation...?

The answers to these questions are straight forward - so is the Palestinian resistance.

Israel must and should withdraw to the 1967 borders - from their we can negotiate a settlement based on the original 1948 borders as outlined by the UN and the true borders of Israel.

If this were to happen then the problem would be solved - until this time the Palestinians have every right to resist the illegal occupation of their land and to defend themselves against Israeli aggression - simple.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
We are told , love your neighbour as thyself, now this only applies to YOU not to all, the world has got screwed up, you go into a shop and buy a gun then put in the bullets then say with the gun pointed at the seller give me your money,why is there no commonsense anymore? why should there be so much differences in your life compared to others, the newborn child in africa and the child born to an afluent super rich in europe,usa or uk? If christ (for example ) was to return NOW and the world were to see marvelous things in the sky, all of us worldwide would change our attitudes towards each other because we would be realising the truth of religion is returned to mankind and so all would be giving to the poor and helping those in need, do we need to wait to see the effects in the sky before we change? let us help NOT hurt others ,we don,t NEED profit ,but others need life, if we all help 1 person every day then others will be helping us (maybe).

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Those who BLESS Israel will be BLESSED and, those who CURSE Israel will be CURSED , really, it is that simple, so, you make the choice: Blessing or Curse.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I remember considering boycotting Israel once during that conflict with Lebanon a while back. Ended up not doing it because I decided I really don't care all that much about what happens in other countries. Millions die around the world every day and I don't care enough to do anything about it so why should it be different today... hey at least I'm honest about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join