It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough. It's time for a boycott

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
Infolurker's post should end the debate and close this thread.
It says it all.
...but it won't, will it?
When did we start keeping tabs on war crimes? What are war crimes?
We, the U.S.A. napalmed the hell out of Japan prior to nukeing them. No military targeting, just dropped fire bomb after fire bomb on their cities. We took 80,000 plus men, women, and children...burning them alive.
War is War. Does time make these "war crimes" acceptable? Does the fact that it had a nice justifiable lable "World War II" make it acceptable?
War actually has improved because of tech. and we don't have to just wipe out everyone anymore...could you imagine if you were watching the "Gaza feed" that many of us are watching, and you saw a fleet of Israli bombers dropping tons and tons of napalm? You guys would go ape sheet.

If people like Infolurker got people to gather up behind Propaganda movies we have seen 1000 times before we would be in deep darkness.

To answer your country´s mass murder in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, i can only say: How intelligent was we then and how intelligent are we now. If you are a christian you should know that every life is precious and no one is expendable.

The napalm thing:

People did went ape sh.. when you dropped the napalm, remember the student revolt?

Best regards.

Loke.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by infolurker

This shouldn't even deserve a response, but I will.

I have seen Israeli children writing messages on the bombs being dropped on other children in Gaza.

So when you wake up and realize that Muslim doesn't automatically mean "Terrorist", I might just have a debate with you.

Stop pretending you know what every person in Gaza is thinking and who they support, and start realizing that those kids do not deserve to be murdered by Israel.

Sir,

I only know what I see and don't pretend to know anything I do not. Please post the videos.

Here you go...

(Warning: Contains graphic images)

Link

Now, go ahead and tell me again how Hamas are indoctrinating their kids, then tell me that Israel isn't doing the same.

If you support Israel, you support them firing on the UN, leaving children to starve beside their dead families, refusing international media access. You are supporting war crimes, the murder of civilians, the refusal of medical care to the injured...

I keep having to state the above, because pro-Israel posters keep ducking and avoiding the proof of what Israel is doing. They don't want to face what is actually happening, what Israel is doing.
I haven't seen one pro-Israel poster actually answer to the Red Cross, UN, Amnesty International statements that war crimes are being committed.

So, come on, are you going to actually face these questions, or are you going to again state (just like all the others) "rockets fired into Israel!!!!" as a method of defending the mass-murder of people in Gaza?

Get your head out of the sand and stop ignoring what Israel is doing in Gaza.
I don't care what religion you are, surely you cannot believe that killing and maiming thousands of innocent people is acceptable?

*waits for several pro-Israel posters to answer with nothing more than "...firing rockets into Israel! blah blah blah"*

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

thanks for the link, there are some big names there.
can you tell me how the likes of maccas and coke etc are related to israel? (not disputing anything here, just wondering)

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I see a pic of some kids writing on bombs... that much I will give you.... how about the news coverage showing the glee as the children are wishing the death of civilians... better yet how about let's show the kids writing to the civilians they hate so much an want to kill.. got one of those?

Where's the children videos of of seething hatred for Muslims or Arabs or "insert your hated ethnic group here" and such... give me a good American, British, Israeli, or other Western child spokesman preaching hatred to children and such... in other words "give us something good". Is there any equivalent? I would truly be interested if there are any but I think in the US they are to busy trying to sexualize our children to worry about hating someone else. An Israeli or American "death sesame street" from public TV or something. A good ole Nazi-like introduction for toddlers from the airwaves to murder some people.

I am open to examples... I want to see it, I really do want to see if there is something out there like that.. you know.. Barney with an AK talking about executing, murdering and martyring and such. (One really on the airwaves, I am sure someone will get around to making some of these soon for propaganda but do we have any in existence now used today?)

I just do not believe that there will ever be peace when children are taught not only to hate but to actually kill themselves in the process. How can there be?

Feel free to post.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loke.
To answer your country´s mass murder in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, i can only say: How intelligent was we then and how intelligent are we now. If you are a christian you should know that every life is precious and no one is expendable.

The napalm thing:

People did went ape sh.. when you dropped the napalm, remember the student revolt?

Best regards.
Loke.

Firebombing of Japan killed more than the nukes. The nukes prevented millions of deaths compared to an all out invasion. Remember, Japan was ready to fight to the death, and suicide tactics were a part of their nature then.

Both sides of the war carpet bombed whole towns to hit just one building, Germans launched V2 rockets on general population centers as a psychological tool.

Today we see once again countries and political/religious groups that view life as cheap. Your Idea of war crimes are based on how well war technology works, and yes it is much better than carpet bombing, but it still kills civilians.

Countries that use technology to limit civilian deaths are somewhat different than countries that use civilian deaths as a tool in war.

Darfur has more dead each day than this whole event. Not only are the men killed and the women raped to cause a race of people to disappear, but a million have starved to death or died from sickness.

The day Israel launched its attacks on the 27th. A suicide bomber kills 30 and wounds 100s, on Dec 11, 50 to 60 died once again with 100s more injured to a bomber. 300 to 500 per month are being killed in Iraq and many are children. When the sun comes up in villages sit 7 to 10 headless village leaders, a common occurrence. If you can’t kill a man you do not like then kill his family, another common occurrence.

How do you deal with people that are willing to kill themselves if it kills you too, or see the death of innocence people as part of their primary objective?

If any of this was Israel's objective Gaza would have 100,000s dead. If America stopped helping Israel, there will be a death of a nation to rival the atrocities in Darfur. 70,000 suicide bombers from the universities of Iran would be just a small start.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So, still no explanation or response about Israel committing war crimes...

Anyone?

Seriously, I'd love to see one pro-Israel poster state exactly why it is acceptable for Israel to break international law.

As for indoctrination, this is a propaganda war, and I expect to see such BS.

Still doesn't explain how Israel is supported by so many for committing war crimes.

Please, I really want to see one convincing argument that makes you think Israel is correct in what they are doing.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Seriously, I'd love to see one pro-Israel poster state exactly why it is acceptable for Israel to break international law.

Can you name any "War Crimes"? Might be best for you to start with what the world is charging them with.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Your dilusional if you think the people of Israel wants to give up thier homeland. Everyday there is more and more propoganda spread thru this very website. I thought it was ATS that wanted to stop the propoganda and the misuse of information. I do now believe this site has become a way for peopel to make money instead of a tool to fight propoganda and secrets.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

I don't really find what the Palestinians teach their children that relevant.

Genocide is wrong. No matter how bad their childrens shows are.

Would the holocaust during the second world war have been justified if all of the victims were corrupt bankers bent on world domination?

No!

Because genocide is wrong.

And what Israel is doing in Gaza is wrong.

Period!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The Palisetains are getting exactly what they deserve, stop shooting rockets and get rid of Hamas then maybe you would have a leg to stand on.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Interesting how much pain and anguish occur in the name of a supreme being and little patches of desert.

Two things come out of the middle east: Oil and death.

Lets try to get a handle on the problems in our own respective countries. Only then would we even be remotely qualified to advise them on theirs.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

An exhaustive list of Israeli products and companies:
www.boycottisraeligoods.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Can you name any "War Crimes"? Might be best for you to start with what the world is charging them with.

They fired on a UN convoy killing one UN worker after giving them permission to proceed and guaranteeing their safety.

Link

The Red Cross has stated that they discovered several children starving in a home, surrounded by the bodies of their families. They were found beside the decomposing bodies of their mothers in a house just yards from an IDF position. They were severely dehydrated and not able to stand.

Link

There was a report just a few days ago that the IDF directed people toward a house out of the line of fire. The house was filled with people. It was then targeted by the IDF.

Link

Any force engaged in warfare is required, under international law, to provide safe shelter from combat to all civilians. Israel has refused to do this.

It is required under international law that all warring forces provide medical assistance to the wounded civilians caught in the crossfire. Every hospital in Gaza is inundated and not able to cope with the catastrophe. Clearly, the IDF is not providing support to the innocent civilians caught in this.

There was a report from aid agencies that IDF tanks are running over bodies in the streets.

Now, again, I'd like to see what defense there is. And please people, lets not gloss over the facts here and resort to repetitive statements about Hamas. We all get that Hamas is bad.
The women and kids are certainly not Hamas terrorists.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

So, still no explanation or response about Israel committing war crimes...

Anyone?

As for indoctrination, this is a propaganda war, and I expect to see such BS.

Still doesn't explain how Israel is supported by so many for committing war crimes.

Please, I really want to see one convincing argument that makes you think Israel is correct in what they are doing.

One question though.... what would YOU have be done to straighten the situation out? I would really like to see your solution.

I have had a few good discussions on possibilities before and will post below but really, what is the answer..... below is what came out of some previous discussions both at work at ATS threads... it may not be the best answer or feasible but here it is:

OK, The Summary

Side A (those in charge) wants nothing short of side B leaving / dieing.
Side B isn't leaving and has a strong military to make sure that isn't happening.

Challenge #1 - How do you set up a successful permanent peace?

Side A cannot control the terrorist organizations since it is those organizations that have true control over the people and these terrorist organizations will never let there be peace unless side B is gone.

Side B cannot truly have a peace if there is no end to side A attacks, it must respond militarily sooner or later and has, will, and will continue.

How do you fix this problem that must be fixed before going further?

The only solution that we discussed that was even close to feasible (Besides either side A or B killed, defeated, or moved) was a marshal plan implemented by a neutral authority (and were not talking about the joke UN which would do nothing but steal money and let the violence continue) to come in, establish order and infrastructure, and make these organizations illegal and root out the terrorists groups as was done with the Nazis after WW2.

Complete infrastructure renewal and economic security is a must or no plan will work with half the population without an income. So can this be done is my first question. How to root out terrorism (it has to go or everything else is futile... also, economic security must come or everything else is futile).

This is a big challenge and would have to be done with someone like Jordan or Egypt as the Side A would not accept any Western temporary government and we would have to have an authority that could be acceptable to the Side A "non-terrorist group affiliation" portion of the population who truly wants to live in peace going forward.

This "Authority" would have to also be truly committed to taking out the terrorist organizations head on (no wink, nod, launch some rockets and we will shrug our shoulders kind of thing if you know what I mean).

So given that this was possible, and say Jordan or Egypt (for example) took care of business and established economic and physical security (yes with western financial backing) and Palestinians would actually have hope of a normal life, I assume they may not want the terrorist back to screw it all up again and you could actually have a lasting peace.

But, this will not work without economic security on and physical security.

Just a thought... I look forward to other feasible possibilities.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Why are they not writing in Hebrew or Arabic or any middle eastern language? They're writing it in English? Why? Yes it says "From Israel"
I have no reason to believe that this picture, not even video, is a reliable source.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The only thing i get from israel are potatoes...so it shouldnt be too hard for me to stop buying their goods...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I wonder if it will make many pro-israel ATS members think.

I'm less anti-Israel then anti-Hamas .. so I'll tell ya' what I think.
I think that perhaps I'll go looking for Israeli goods to buy so as to
show my support for the defensive measures that they have had to
take against the continual agression that Hamas has put them through.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienj

Your dilusional if you think the people of Israel wants to give up thier homeland. Everyday there is more and more propoganda spread thru this very website. I thought it was ATS that wanted to stop the propoganda and the misuse of information. I do now believe this site has become a way for peopel to make money instead of a tool to fight propoganda and secrets.

All because the people here do not like Israel?

These are people's "opinions," not representative of the whole.

But I know what you mean, the current bias for either side is unbelievable. I don't take sides because it will not do much.

Personally, I think all the U.S. BS against China on ATS is propaganda, and it's been pretty effective.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join