It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough. It's time for a boycott

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Enough. It's time for a boycott

www.guardian.co.uk

It's time. Long past time. The best strategy to end the increasingly bloody occupation is for Israel to become the target of the kind of global movement that put an end to apartheid in South Africa. In July 2005 a huge coalition of Palestinian groups laid out plans to do just that. They called on "people of conscience all over the world to impose broad boycotts and implement divestment initiatives against Israel similar to those applied to South Africa in the apartheid era". The campaign Boycot
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think that this article is great

It really makes you think, I wonder if it will make many pro-israel ATS members think. They support israel while many jews in israel itself do not. Who are they kidding?

A. Just themselves!

That is insaneeeee..
Exports to Canada increased by 45%???????????????????
WHATTTTTTTTT?????????????

Can someone explain me something
I don't often see made in isreal
so if I wanted to boycott, how would I do so??

I would apreciate any input on this.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia
[moreThe IDF are right now (Sky) sending 50,000 reservists into Gaza. Just about to check out other sources.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I don't think too many here are pro Israel in any confrontation. We all know innocent people are dying to what is going on in Gaza and I don't think anyone sees this as a good thing or Israel is doing a good thing.

The problem is that those labeled pro-Israel see the situation there as not just Israel creating the problem. We see Israel attack and all the horrors of war, but what has caused them over decades to head in this direction has a lot of players in play that it seems all want Israel to do this, and actually have over the decades to either do nothing to help the situation or manipulated the situation for all this violence to happen.

So you have two groups. One has a very narrow view and only sees Israel as the sole group involved and you have another group with a wider view of all players causing this event to happen.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm going to have to look into this.

A boycott of everything Israel related would certainly get my backing.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Products origin can to some extent be Identified by the first three digits of the EAN or BAR code
number for example
400-440 Germany
500-509 United Kingdom
700-709 Norway
729 Israel
These codes indicate the country where the heaquarters of the manufacturer is based and does not indicate the country of manufacture.
HTH

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I don't think that this is true.

I know that Israel is not alone in blame for making the situation worse, but Israel certainly IS to blame for committing war crimes and atrocities RIGHT NOW in Gaza.

Hamas are not nice, and the US and UK backing of Israel is shameful also. But right now, Israel is being the criminal and murdering hundreds of people.

I certainly understand that there are a lot of players in this, but none of the others are on the ground, killing, shelling from land sea and air, destroying the lives of 1.5 Million people, Israel is.

We have to deal with the immediate humanitarian catastrophe, we have to try to do something to stop Israel now. The rest can be worked on through mediation and talks over the coming years, as has always eventually proven successful (more so than ANY military conflict).

Our governments have consistently shown that they are not willing to do anything to help the people of Gaza, so a boycott, protests and statements by the people of each nation is the least we can do.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Mod Note: ATS And Activism – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
There are 2 sides in this conflict. Currently side A is retaliating for rocket attacks performed by side B. I am sorry but side B kind of makes it hard to sympathize with when they glorify martyrdom, recruit children and teach their children Blatant hatred. In fairness, Please post the US or Israelis children's shows that teach this type of death and hatred please.

Here's Terrorist Micky Mouse and Big Bird (you have to see these)
This is public TV!

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

And let's not forget the 9-11 Parties (This isn't buying much sympathy here)

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Hey, I will be truthful.. it is very very very very hard for me and others to sympathize with a particular side when toddlers and grade-school children are being taught this kind of burning hatred, and being recruited for martyrdom guys. And seriously, this fuming hatred is astonishing.

Seriously, do the US or Israelis have children shows like this? If so, please post because it would be enlightening.

As for a boycott... for what? Attempting to take out a bunch of terrorist pukes that would gladly kill them or you if given the opportunity? Sure there is collateral damage, especially when side B is using human shields and purposefully trying to cause a human tragedy for sympathy.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Boycotting Isreal? What do we buy from them? During George H. Bush's administration, just like George W. Bush's administration, has the worst bloody times for the middle East come about. Special interest. Isreal is not the holy land as it was in the days written in the Old Testament, just the land of american special interest.
Hopefully we will see no more Bushes in the white house and I hope this JEB BUSH gets picked up by a U.F.O. and dropped off somewhere on a distant planet. Cut back on these family blood lines of the rich and powerful. They use Isreal as an enemy of the oil rich Middle East! There you are. Bush ownes oil out there, and the old ties between the Bushes and the Husseins went sour and the WAR BEGAN! And millions of innocent people have suffered and died because of this disagreeance between powerful rich families. A fight over ownership of oil in the Middle East, and Isreal is being used as a proponent for the defeat of the other guys, in the quest for their oil wells and stock and reserves and equipment. Funny ,,,,many years ago, one could have even imagined Bush and Saddam Hussein smoking pot together on a cruise ship while their kids were watching television. And Darth,,,,oops, I meant Dick Cheney USED to be president of Haliburton company.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
you can boycott israel and it's goods all you want but I'm afraid it is just a part of the problem...

the other part is US injecting israel with money and help

US should be boycotted too, and when US would stop helping, israel would collapse by itself...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

This shouldn't even deserve a response, but I will.

I have seen Israeli children writing messages on the bombs being dropped on other children in Gaza.

So when you wake up and realize that Muslim doesn't automatically mean "Terrorist", I might just have a debate with you.

Stop pretending you know what every person in Gaza is thinking and who they support, and start realizing that those kids do not deserve to be murdered by Israel.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The last thing this world and especially the Middle East should want is an isolated and desperate Israel.

You think they are mean bad asses now, go ahead with this boycott and then witness what they are really capable of.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
In an way I would want to see an imbargo so the people that run Israel get the facts and understand that they will be isolated.On another hand alot of Jews are not part of this so I do not know if this would be fair to other people.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Infolurker's post should end the debate and close this thread.
It says it all.
...but it won't, will it?
When did we start keeping tabs on war crimes? What are war crimes?
We, the U.S.A. napalmed the hell out of Japan prior to nukeing them. No military targeting, just dropped fire bomb after fire bomb on their cities. We took 80,000 plus men, women, and children...burning them alive.
War is War. Does time make these "war crimes" acceptable? Does the fact that it had a nice justifiable lable "World War II" make it acceptable?
War actually has improved because of tech. and we don't have to just wipe out everyone anymore...could you imagine if you were watching the "Gaza feed" that many of us are watching, and you saw a fleet of Israli bombers dropping tons and tons of napalm? You guys would go ape sheet.
I don't know what Country every poster is from...but if you are like me and a U.S. citizen...shut up about boycotting Israel unless you have figured out a way to justify "our" war crimes against humanity.
If Cuba so much as aimed a bb gun at Miami we would respond. How long has Israel had to put up with these annoying rocket attacks? If you can figure out a way to kill just the bad guys then you should be working for the Pentagon or Massad.
You who hate Israel for killing innocent people are exactly who the Hamas has won over....All cool if that is what you want, but have the intellectual honesty to understand that. I don't care what side of this you are on as long as you are honest about it...and of course you support other countries boycotting us for our "transgressions"

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by infolurker

This shouldn't even deserve a response, but I will.

I have seen Israeli children writing messages on the bombs being dropped on other children in Gaza.

So when you wake up and realize that Muslim doesn't automatically mean "Terrorist", I might just have a debate with you.

Stop pretending you know what every person in Gaza is thinking and who they support, and start realizing that those kids do not deserve to be murdered by Israel.

Sir,

I only know what I see and don't pretend to know anything I do not. Please post the videos.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Can someone explain me something
I don't often see made in isreal
so if I wanted to boycott, how would I do so??

I would apreciate any input on this.

Hi mate, a link to boycott israel campaign listing brands etc to avoid.

www.inminds.co.uk...

[edit on 11-1-2009 by cropmuncher]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

I don't doubt for one moment that the US or any other nation is without blame or never engaged in such nasty business.

But that is not what is happening now.

Surely stating what the US has done in the past shouldn't mean that nothing should be done to prevent what Israel is doing now?

I know several nations have acted disgustingly in the past and continue to do so today. But that doesn't free Israel to act without restraint in any way they wish against whoever they wish.

Pointing out one evil doesn't negate the need to act against another.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
perhaps not....but many want to isolate Israel for their actions as if they alone are acting in some unique way. Opposing Israel is disengeniuios unless you oppose all those Countries that continue to do bad things. If that be the case then you will starve and/or be walking around naked since you will have to boycott every Country out there that produces anything you have.
War is a global epidemic....always has been....we are a violent and primitive species, still in evolution. One day maybe.....speak up and fight for peace or whatever it is, but take the issue on to include everyone responsible and not just the "war de jour"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join