It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Carlin Knew

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Your welcome
I thought it was a video that should be shared since how it had a good part with Carlin in there.. One of my favorit skits..
About how religion is BS!! One big BS scam.. Which in essence is what it is.. Holy [snip]

Edit-- Sniped out my own $#@#$ symbols.. didnt want you guys to think I was trying to bypass the deal here.. I do my best to respect the TAC here. While I have many color words to express my feelings with this..
I will refrain from doing so

[edit on 11-1-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Your welcome
I thought it was a video that should be shared since how it had a good part with Carlin in there.. One of my favorit skits..
About how religion is BS!! One big BS scam.. Which in essence is what it is.. Holy @#$t!!

Certainly makes you think

"Religion has actualy convinced people that there's an invisible man - living in the sky- who watches everything you do,every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forver and ever 'til the end of time....but he loves you"
George Carlin.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

"Religion has actualy convinced people that there's an invisible man - living in the sky- who watches everything you do,every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forver and ever 'til the end of time....but he loves you"
George Carlin.

My son was talking religion yesterday and he actually quoted this.

Btw guys, just because we are discussing Carlin it doesn't mean that the T&C is suspended.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

George Carlin was a blessed man in that he had the chance to get his correct viewpoints across to others in need of an eye.

The solution is right here if you want to solve it rather than look through sandy eyes.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
He was a man of wise wisdom and brutal honest truth.

I've always looked up to him and always will....

RIP

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
When I was first introduced to Mr. Carlin, it was in the mid 70's (Don't give me any crap about my age zysin5!!LOL) And his comedy has stuck wit me til this very moment. I was truly sad to hear we lost him in the physical since, but he does have that place in my thoughts for being a better person for having listened to him earnestly.
Though he did not have anything to do with me being an atheist, it could of been a "Brainwash" back from that day?
JK
It was my choice when my life on this planet told me exactly what religion was to the multitudes, "SCAM!!"

Great thread!! Love Carlin and his views...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Damn, that jesus camp give me the chills....

I guess i get a reality check every 2 months in ZG movies...

I see also the wife dilema... they just close their eyes and keep
like a robot, trying to be the most amazing worker of all. When
you ask them what they think, the common response is always
like: "What can we do? I dont wanna go into trouble... Are you
into trouble???"

i just grim along....

sometimes i feel if everyone could 'save' their wife, we could
going up instead of diving down...

shame she have a lot of nigfhtmares, though....

my 2 cents,
RP

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I posted a video just like this a few weeks ago. It was largely ignored and didn't get much attention.

Thats one of the great ones David! Thanks for posting it over here in this thread! I think Carlin will get his due attention in this thread here. Ive also made a couple Hicks, and Carlin threads that just didn't seem to pick up much steam. But we have a head liner here!! Good that our message is getting out here. Anyone that will take the time to listen to Carlin on sertin key issues we can learn alot!
Sure Carlin had alot of material, and some of it was just pure for the laughs. He was a great entertainer!
Thanks for posting that remix!

Originally posted by Allred5923
When I was first introduced to Mr. Carlin, it was in the mid 70's (Don't give me any crap about my age zysin5!!LOL) And his comedy has stuck wit me til this very moment. I was truly sad to hear we lost him in the physical since, but he does have that place in my thoughts for being a better person for having listened to him earnestly.

Great thread!! Love Carlin and his views...

My parents use to listen to him.. Was just a child during the 70's.
I did hear alot of it, but I didn't understand it the same way I do today.
You know when you go back to stuff you once learned when you where younger, and you look at it through todays eyes, things really do change.
And people like Carlin are guides for the mind!

When you have shared views, his spirit lives on with us, and how we apply it to our lives. Carlin as you know was more than just a funny man.
He made you think during a show.

And the status quo doesn't like that. Many times Carlin was black ball'ed by hollywood, and TV producers, becasue his stuff was to powerful.
Same thing happened to Bill Hicks. Carlin had to cut much of his material, to be TV happy.

Did you ever see him live in your lifetime?
I sure wish I could have seen him live at a comedy club.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I think Goerge Carlin was one of the most amazing people that ever lived. Every thing he said was true. He was funny but he told the truth in a funny way. My favorite quote is "to be living the American dream you have to be asleep".

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Very good post. I have watched this video many times before. I should have thought to make it a post!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Every time i watch the video i posted...it inspires and angers me. Carlin couldn't have been more truthful. The words that he speaks are so powerful.

He's a master of words...a true poet...who speaks the truth...no matter how hurtful it can be..but puts his comedic spin on it to ease the pain.

Sometimes I'm angered at myself for not seeing things how they really are..and that someone else had to open my eyes.

I was asleep. I was blinded and did not care. I had bought into the system and let it own and control my way of thinking.

I hope that others can watch these videos and maybe see things differently than they have.

Good/evil is in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It's great to hear someone who knows exactly what is going on, without a filter.
George Carlin was a man that we will miss more than we'll ever know.
His thoughts were a gift to us, and he shared them with us through his comedy.

I am a very optimistic person, amidst all the atrocities on going globally.

But like someone posted above, "He's one of the most enlightened freethinkers, and another poster stated, "he was a no BS kind of guy."

He came to grips with it all and understands exactly how things are going to end up.
It's very disheartening to know that in the big picture what you do probably won't matter.

As George said, "It's never going to get any better. Don't look for it, be happy with what you got."

Well informed, critical thinking civilians is what THEY don't want. Well educated, free thinking and informed people is what WE need.
And THAT is the only way we will get out of this mess. (I'm hoping it happens soon)

GC, "The table is tilted folks, the game is rigged, nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care."

Let's just hope that one day we can prove him wrong.

IT'S A BIG CLUB.... AND YOU AINT IN IT.

God bless you George.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I don't see how someone can watch something like this and not receive it as a wakeup call. That wasn't a comedy routine, that was a rant!

The problem I see is that it actually takes someone of such genius to get these simple truths across to people in a way that they will actually listen to. And it feeds right back into the same system that he talks about in this video. People cannot think critically. And this IS by design. In my opinion it all began about 150 years ago here in the United States when they removed the Liberal Arts from the public education system. Not reading the great thinkers is the main thing contributing into this dumbing down process. Most people will not be able to tell you who Plato is until they go to college, IF THEY EVER WILL.
Then you replace that critical thinkng education with more and more and more tests. You are retraining people. You are teaching them to question nothing that comes by way of the "facts" they teach you. They indoctrinate you.
Paraphrase of my favorite part in this video: "No child left behind. No child left behind. What the hell, not too long ago you were talking about giving children a head-start and now you're talking about being left behind? Somebody is losing ground here."
Couple that with the fact that our nation bankrupts itself on purpose so they can transfer that farce of a debt onto its people and you turn them into unwitting slaves. The only real money on this planet are commodities, resources and technology... And these people own all of those. Save a few and they are pushing to own them also.

S&F

[edit on 11-1-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Good/evil is in the eye of the beholder.

There is no evil, no attachment to revenge or righteous indignation.

Something from a D.Chopra book that popped into my head when I read your comment.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Now - THIS is what a real leader looks like.
Our challenge is to recognize them.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
George Carlin is one of the smartest speakers of the 20th century. He told it like it is whether you liked him or not. He didn't sugarcoat anything, made his feelings well known no matter the topic.

I remember being introduced to his comedy in the mid eighties growing up by my father. After watching one of his HBO specials I was never the same.

RIP George We'll miss ya.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
You know what one of the problems with American Politics is?

It's a lack of political parties. We hear stuff like, "We have a two party system". Now this is total BS but I hear educated people repeat it all the time.

We have a multi-party system, there is nothing in the US Constitution that says anything about the number of political parties that we may/should have.

Something else that I hear all the time is, "No Third Party has ever won a Presidential election". This is also an idiotic line of BS. It only takes a minor amount of research to learn that the original political parties in this country were the Whigs and the Federalists. Neither of these parties is around today. I have actually heard television anchors who have tried to say that the Whig became the Republicans and the Federalists became the Democrats. This is blatant ignorance at its worst.

The truth is that both of the current major parties were the "Third Party" at certain points in history. I would also like to point out that the Democratic Republican Party is the origin of both.

OK, so I got that part of my rant out of the way. What can we do to change the current sad state of politics in the U.S.?

I have an idea that I would like to bounce off of everyone. Put aside for a moment the fact that you are a Democrat, Republican, Green, Communist, etc.

I would like to propose a new political party that might help us to reclaim the politics of this country. I call it the Integrity Party. The Integrity Party would have no political platform. No "Official Stand" on any issue.

Anyone wishing to run for office could join the Integrity Party and run. They could take any stand on any issue that they want. They could be pro-Life or pro-Choice, pro-Gay or anti-Gay, pro-Gun or anti-Gun, or they could be anything else that they chose. What they could not do is lie to the voters. They would be prohibited from making campaign promises and then promptly breaking them once they took office. They could not run on a tax cut strategy for instance and then turn around and raise taxes.

Does this mean that they could not change their stand on an issue? No, any member of the Integrity Party can change a position that they held if they legitimately changed their mind. They would have to file a notice with the Party however and explain the reasons for their change of mind. They could not hop back and forth on each issue for political expediency. Anybody who did flip-flop repeatedly would be banned from the Party. They would then have to make affiliation with one of the other political parties.

Something that an Integrity Party member could not do is lie, cheat, or steal. The Party will absolutely not tolerate any malfeasance in office or out. Convicted felons could not join the Integrity Party. Any politician indicted under due process of law would be put on probation. If convicted they would be drummed out of the Party. Any misconduct in office would result in the offender being banned.

What do you all think? I have thought about it and I think that a real political reform is the only way we are going to reclaim politics in this country.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
George Carlin was one of my Favorite People of all time, before I even knew 100 percent what he was talking about; since I first starting watching him with my parents when I was just a kid. But I was intelligent and intuitive enough to feel that he was a man of truth, intelligence and wisdom; despite his "foul" language, which offends mostly simple minded people. We all knew he was going to die, but I really wanted to meet him or at least sit in at a live concert. *Sigh* I suppose the best thing we can do is keep his memory alive, and continue to speak the truth to people no matter how much it puts them off!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Excellent post Stormdancer, Carlin is one of the greatest comedians to ever live, and not only that he was a philosopher of sorts, one who has influenced me a great deal. He knew exactly what was going on in this country and he was one of the first people to open my eyes up to it. Hopefully he's in the afterlife laughing it up with Bill Hicks

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
George Carlin was one of the few people in this world willing to publicly speak out about the powers that be. It takes a lot of guts to do that, and I have the utmost respect for him for that.
Ive seen that quote about religion quite a few times now, there's a good video to go along with it which is part of Zeitgeist(a great movie about conspiracy theory).

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join