It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Carlin Knew

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
George Carlin Knew

HARSH LANGUAGE

www.youtube.com...

I was looking for Carlin's view on enlightenment, and happened upon this,

What exactly is OUR problem, why do we keep voting these people in office?

Is it worse, or has it always been like this?

Is there a solution?

I think, NOT!

Not as long as we treat politicians like they are gods, and political parties are our religion.

Edit: Language warning inserted.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by intrepid]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Wonderful post- George Carlin was one of the most enlightened,progressive freethinkers of our time.
He's sorely missed and couldn't be more right

*Great documentary film which reaffirms George's comments about contemptuous,self serving corporations wanting to own everything (including people):
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I posted a video just like this a few weeks ago. It was largely ignored and didn't get much attention.

I like Carlin. He was a no BS kinda guy. He'll be missed.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Wonderful post- George Carlin was one of the most enlightened,progressive freethinkers of our time.
He's sorely missed and couldn't be more right

*Great documentary film which reaffirms George's comments about contemptuous,self serving corporations wanting to own everything (including people):

Yes he was,

Thank you for the link, karl, I will check it out.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Thanks, David, checking that out too.

Do the people have power?

Any solutions?

How do you reach the masses?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I don't know what can be done. I can't even get my wife to listen to me..

She doesn't want to hear about it until it absolutely affects her. She also says that it depresses her...which i admit..it is all pretty damn depressing.

Many people are like this. They'd rather just let it all play out..keep doing the same old same old..watch their favorite tv shows and gossip about celebrity's newborns.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Do the people have power?

We do, but a minimum of toleration from the government. There have been many threads about our up and coming inauguration of Barrack, which is highly debatable of him producing anything less than what we have already but on a much worst scale. His affiliations, his climb to his current power, his 'Denying' Americans to view his Birth certificate, his association with his first church and the scandals that ensued after he 'denounced' it, his answers when being asked being more of a ploy to attract you to his side of argument, his ability to mesmerize and seduce people with false and not fully understood explanation's, his wife's stand on that she hadn't been proud of America until teh announcement of her husbands insemination to the Presidency..etc.
It goes on and on, and sadly enough the truth is right in front of our faces, I have said it before, and now I 'll say it again,"If I had personal control over this inauguration event even taking place, I would ask for a 'Re-Investigation' before he is sworn in."
Most people don't like being duped, and hate even more to admit they were, but with out standing up and casting a voice into the presidency picture, there is nothing to be done.

Any solutions?

At this point of the 'Game', to sit and watch, for better or worse, because he is becoming one of the most powerful men in the world, and he will "Not" be held accountable if he is on the "Back scenes Team".

How do you reach the masses?

Have you ever scolded a young child, and do you remember how his facial and demeanor changed after the scolding? Well, that is pretty much what some of the Barrack voters are feeling like right now, though he hasn't had a 'Real' chance to prove himself, and people of his side of voting him for presidency see the up and coming events unravelling before their eyes, they , themselves realize the possible ramifications of his nomination. The truth has always been out there in my opinion, but they, USA citizens, want so desperately to get the country back that was before had no other choice than to go for teh man of never seen before historical factors and words of enlightenment for the stability of the United States of America and it's people.
First get everyone that vote for him to admit they were mistaken on their choice, "That could be a real tough there." Then allow the people of the USA recant the voice of "Change" directed towards the "Change" of it's socially nominated President elect.

It won't do much as far as "NOW" is concerned, but I do believe the people have a right to call this whole election a "Manipulation of the people with deceitful over tones to the public's disbelief."

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I wish I could cuss on here,

How is it possible that this has gone so far?

Most people I know, don't trust the government, honestly,I am at a loss to put my mind around this.

Keeps us dumb, intertained and drugged up or drunk, and fill what is left of our minds up with propaganda?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I know they don't want to hear it,

I have a friend that thinks it is depressing, and is on three different kinds of anti depressants,

My goodness it seems all connected,

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Yet even here on this forum they will come to his defense.

We shall see what happens,

I do believe we the people still have power, if we can break free.

My thoughts too were,

Is this the only option I have, to watch?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I wish I could cuss on here,
How is it possible that this has gone so far?

It has been happening for literally decades in our country, and with help from other "Interested" affiliations beyond our borders.
There are a lot of threads posted an the subject, start checking them out especially the one that voices the "Fear of Obama" type of threads, they will give you the low down on teh manipulation being done by teh PTB's that are out of teh 'Visual' picture.

Key words to look for: "New World Order (NWO), The Bildeburgers (Trilateral Commission)

Most people I know, don't trust the government, honestly,I am at a loss to put my mind around this.

It is a mind blower. We as a trusting society of our government, I am saying that as a 'Most' scenario of beliefs of our government, think that when we go to the poles, we are actually making the differences of what America needs as a whole, but the truth is, there are politicians out there that are getting 'Processed' as to do the beck and call of people that would rather see an extermination of wanted ethnic and religious groups to make way for the ultimate society in their minds eye anyway.
All I can say is "Be careful and your mouth shut ears and eyes completely opened." Something will start surfacing, "Hell" There have been thoughts that the PTB's are using Obama under false pretences and could care less if he gets assassinated, they want that kind of chaos to have an excuse to cleanse their causes.
Really scary stuff, at least for us innocent.

Keeps us dumb, intertained and drugged up or drunk, and fill what is left of our minds up with propaganda?

'Change', 'Hope', and 'Belief' all these words have a two way street to explanations. "Change" for worst or better? "Hope" an emotion that is a continuance of a wish. "Belief" that there will be recognizable changes both that can be good for teh people, or , in this case, head drastically south for the less elitists.
Sad , Sad , Sad, is all I can exasperated over these events, but "Possibilities of high expectancies."

And by the way,"You shouldn't feel so clouded with these events, you are realizing now, which more than some of the others of same thought are doing."
I too am appalled and discouraged, but , then again, "I didn't vote for either nominee!!"

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Is there a solution?

Yup, teach Carlin 101 starting in middle school. I learned more about life from him than I did anything else. That won't happen though. They'll say that kids can't handle the thoughts and the language. BS. Lucky for me my father was a Navy man, the language didn't bother him. I'm passing Carlin's words on to my son and he soaks it up. Kids WANT to think.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

I never voted for either candidate either,

Something odd was happening, I could see it, McCain was never intended to win, I watched him throw the election.

I really believe this, and I also believe they literally used an unsuspecting outsider as a pawn, Palin.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Intrepid, my dad and granddad were blacksmiths from Austria, they knew, and yes I am old.

And they knew how to cuss

And cussing is healthy IMHO, it puts the emphasis and emotion where it is needed to drive the point home.

Plus it relieves tension.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Any solutions?

I think the first step would be to retract the legislation enacted by the US Supreme Court that affords multinational corporations
'unique individual human rights' with all the benefits this entails (yet
with none of the accountability of moral integrity or realisation of imprisonment).

This legislation was by acquired by the perverse manipulation of slave laws which were designed to protect African Amercans yet were abused by corporations into affording them 'unique privileges' and allowed them to be seen through the eyes of the law as 'just one person'.

See 2:20

One state in America has already retracted this ruling after public protest (forget which) and it has severely restricted abuse of corporation power (which now far exeeds that of politicians).

A good example of corporate financial influence and power is to realise that the Walmart corporation has a larger GDP than the entire country of Saudi Arabia:
wakeupwalmart.com...
Cheers Karl

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Good grief I didn't know about all this stuff, checking it out, thanks,karl.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

It seems to me, that, every time someone gets close to the truth, they die.

Yes, I believe George Carlin was killed for his outspoken beliefs.

Welcome to the End of Times, were ones outspoken feeling about the
ineptness of the government gets them killed

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

So right man!! I started listening to Carlin when I was in middle school too. But most his content didnt really set in till I was well into highschool.
Then came Bill Hicks!! Carlin and Hicks are two that changed my life and how I see this world..

May his energy flow within the ether of foreverness!!
Carlin didn't die.. and neither did Hicks.. Both of them are very much alive today in our hearts and minds!!

From politics to religion, I learned much from these men! And had a good laugh at the same time.. Bless them!

A little something with Carlin in it.. Aswell as Hicks..

[edit on 11-1-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Carlin is a legend.....

He absolutely knew.

good thread

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
A little something with Carlin in it.. Aswell as Hicks..

Thats a very important video compilation you've posted there,
particularly the unhinged,fanatical jesus camp ending -thanks for that

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join