It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think their may be a spirit in my house?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
For the last couple of months strange things have been happening in my house. One event took place in my room. I was just sitting at my computer and i had a cup with a spoon in it next to me. All of a sudden the spoon started clanging against the cup (moving and an inch away from the cup then hitting it" about 4-5 times. Other events include this circular bell in our kitchen to just start shaking randomly, and my moms purse to move from the table to about 4 feet away on the floor (we tried pushing it off to see if it would go the same distance, and it wasn't even close, something had to of "pushed" it.)Also, this happened the second me and my mom started talking about weird events in our house. There were a couple other events, but all basically the same type of event. My grandpa just recently passed away and we do have my grandpa's ashes in the house and I wounder if that may have something to do with this. If this is a spirit I don't believe its evil because nothing bad has happened. But are these events a sign that something is in my house? If so, how can i communicate with it? Also, if you know any good sites or books with good information about events like these, I would love to know. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
hi there

I have had a good few poltergeist and ghost experiences - house disturbances.

I would say best thing is to acknowledge it. Speak to it. It probably wont answer back - but in my experience, it tends to calm it down a wee bit.

Glad you're not scared.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Thanks annefran. I will go give that a shot.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
tell us how you get on.

when I lived in spain, there was a ritual that they did with rosemary. On a friday evening at dusk, they would place a sprig of fresh rosemary in every corner of the house.

At sunrise next day gather them all up and bury them.

Also, look up salt rituals on the internet. My friends have used these a few times to get rid of neg energy in houses.

but talking and acknowledgement is good. I offered an uneasy alliance to something that was resident in a flat I lived in once. It was a bit of a nasty one, gave bad atmosphere and was moving stuff. It hated me! I was too noisy and messy I think.

I offered it a solution, that when I was out of the house it would have free reign. When I was at home, it should take itself to a dark second bathroom we had. I promised it I would always knock before entering. I kept this to myself and didnt tell a soul.

I had four people go into that wc without knocking, who were unaware of the agreement> I thought people would think I was mad oif I told them < who came running back out again complaining that they felt as if someone had jumped onto their backs.

That validated what I had felt there and told me I was not mad!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
well luckily for me I don't feel an angry presence. Seems like it trys to get my attention, but so far only my mom and I have had an experience in our house that we cant explain. I don't want to get rid of it as much as i just want to find out more about it.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hey there,

Its good that you don't feel like this is a evil kind of enitity,

What i would do is start keeping a log of any events that happen, Any rooms that it happens in and any feelings you get, You may see a pattern,

It could be a passed family member letting you know there about,
How long has it been happening?

Things to remember though if you do feel threatened at any point, Imaging a bubble of white light around you, This is said to be protection, and Crystals are a good thing to keep around the house, again for protection if it becomes a nuisance,

But as long as no harm is being caused it can be quite a unique thing to have around lol, Like others have said.. Try talking to it,

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Whats i would do, I would find a quite place, sit and think about clam thoughts, and just relax. When ever i'm relaxed, i always feel some type of soul trying to speak or seek attention. Then, if you feel the person, or persons, Try to speak to them. You can even say it in your head if you feel silly, sometimes they'll repsond to you in your head too. Collect all the info you can get. Its fun to get to know a soul if its going to be nice. :-)

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Setup a recorder (your computer, digital recorder, whatever you have), and ask questions, slowly. After each question, pause a few moments for the entitiy to have a chance to respond. Try for about 5 minutes.

Play it back, listen carefully...you may hear something--might be hard to distinguish or not.

Be of sound mind and positive attitude when asking the questions.

Also, when playing back, don't be freaked out if you hear a response.

delius

join