It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enlightenment. What is it and how do we know when we have achieved it?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by putnam6

Sorry if my response was a little terse,I didn't mean it that way( nor am I BTW). I agree with being more open minded,I've try hard not be "too set in my ways and beliefs"even though I have normally have strong opinions to the contrary. I do believe we can get there individually a whole heck of a lot easier than collectively.

No I didnt take it like that, sorry if it came across as I did. Its sometimes very hard to get the written word across as we want. I was just saying that I realize that because we have to ask if we are enlightened this probably means we are not. Hey my partner has just told me on several occasions in this thread I cant even spell enlightenment never mind be it
I would think being able to spell it corrrectly would be the first requirement to becoming it, so Im definatly not there yet!

Thanks for your post and yes your right we do seem to get there much faster on our own rather than a group but sometimes its good to swap notes every now and then.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by psycho81
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Anthony de Mello is so much like Eckhart Tolle, sadly Anthony passed away in 1987 but his powerful words live on. I have read both "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth" by Eckheart Tolle and thought they were brilliant.

I can not say how much Eckhart Tolles The Power of Now has helped me. This book is just such an eye opener and has also really helped me...actually I do believe I have you to thank for recommending it to me all those months back
thank you it really did change my out look on life. Im reading it again as its the sort of book you get different things out of each time you read it.

For those not familiar with Eckhart Tolle, he is a spiritual teacher who went through a very powerful awakening. He is not from any particular religion which gives his message mass appeal. His message is a simple one, it is that all you require to become enlightened is within you now, you need look no further than within. To live in the now is very important as its our addiction to our past and future that is infact stopping us from becoming awake. We have no need to worry about yesterday this time has gone, and we have no need to plan for tomorrow as this time will never arrive. The only time we should really give our full attention to is NOW.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

You were the one who bought it then read it and understood it, thank yourslef
hehe

But yea it's a really good book, one you have to share with others

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yes always make sure to sell stuff that could improve people lives. I mean if you have great information that could keep people from dying... sell it.
Why give it away for free... i mean your awakened and stuff... but what good is that without money right?

Its a good thing this guy charged for his book.. more people might have read it and we dont want this world to be a better place do we? greedy sacks of crap.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
There is a very sensible answer to this question, but first a few terms must be defined.

1. 'Total Enlightenment' =='Full Omniscience' == 'Buddahood'

Anybody who has achieved Buddahood will know they are enlightened because, by definition, they are now 'omniscient' !

2. 'Omniscience' == full knowledge of the 'three times' ( past, present, and future ) ...

It's really very, very simple !

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I suppose if they did give there research and teachings away in book form for free some would say “Who gives this stuff away for free, can’t they sell it” I pay for the book so I can read it and read it again, then put it back on the shelve for another day.

I could go to the library and pay very little if anything at all, but I would rather have my own copy so I can read it in my own time.

Do you think teachers like Eckhart Tolle travel the world for free; he is still a human you know and I sure don’t think he has the ability to teleport.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

It's how free energy exchange was subverted into cash. It started out from a Great Knowing (wise monsters?), inculcated upon an innocent awareness (early self-aware lifeforms: humanity today). Eventually, the free exchange was lost, and self-aware beings had no access of fair interchange between one-another.

Now, it's become the 7-headed red dragon.

I see your insightful intellect is suffering from authentic altruism. Many do. But it will take more than a few to understand that it can not continue the way it is and ever achieve furtherance of higher sharing, as once was known (forgotten).

My monthly survival bills are murderous. Oh, for the days in the mountains, with a national forest filled with fuel for the grubbing, a potato or some rice, and the simples of life.

Btw, which way to the ranks of the enlightened?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Yes always make sure to sell stuff that could improve people lives. I mean if you have great information that could keep people from dying... sell it.
Why give it away for free... i mean your awakened and stuff... but what good is that without money right?

When he first wrote this book he willingly gave it away, he would leave free copies all over in librarys, schools, churches any where where he thought it might be read. Money making was not his aim , its the sort of book you willingly give your friends, and this is what happened to this book in its first year of life. It became successful from word of mouth and people lending each other the copies they had found in librarys and churches. As it became more well known Namaste its publishers took it to full time print. Everyone knows there are always costs involved in producing anything, and books are no exception.

Even Eckart Tolle admits his book is not for everyone. He tells of accounts where people have willingly given it to relatives and then become quite disappointed when the relative described it as meaningless mumbo jumbo!

This book is about loosing the ego, something that if your not ready to accept will read as mumbo jumbo.

No honestly the last thing this book is about is making money out of "saving peoples lives" I truely believe this man is one of the greatest spiritual teachers of our time. I would willingly give you my copy free without another thought.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Honestly now, thats ridiculous. Where is he supposed to have come up with the money to print, bind, sell, distribute, etc. the books? Face it, the REASON his message has become as widely disseminated is because he sold the books. Selling them isnt hindering the spread.

He is not the only person to have become enlightened on this planet at this time. He is the one who happened to align with a way to spread that message effectively. You could have one or more enlightened people in this very thread who would happily share for free what they were able and you wouldnt pay them any mind at all. Why? Because an individual person talking doesnt carry as much weight as a widely recognized person who is published. (Even if the message is the same)

I have seen you in other posts appeal to authority by saying something to the effect of; "show me where in any of the religious texts that is said." And I paraphrase.

The simple fact is that people like other people to validate things. And being published is a form of validation. Hell, here on the boards, all you have to do is claim authority, (and no one can find out if it is true or not) and your opinions gain more weight even if they are wrong. It is a simple economic fact that if you publish and are not independently wealthy you need to sell your book to print and distribute more books. And, the guy has a right to a living. If he is providing value to the world he is entitled to receive payment for his effort. Being enlightened does not somehow mean he doesnt need to eat, or a roof over his head. Or money to travel and speak to people in person.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Hehe I gave both "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth" to my best friends ex-wife, I said if you find them as helpful as I did will you please pass them on. I have the Audio Book versions now and play it while I'm at work driving

Them two books was money well spent for me, I have wasted more on junkfood and things that I think make me happy, only to find out I need more, or something better.

I used to get so angry at other road users at one point in my life, now I know anger is created by "Me" my reaction, my programing but anger is not the "I"

I got a little experiment for you to try if ever you are down, upset, angry.... Say to yourself "***Your name*** is sat in the living room (Or wherever) experiencing upset, anger or whatever) You will find you feel like you are looking in from outside the "Me" and the upset, anger will become something you just observe.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by psycho81]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by psycho81

Them two books was money well spent for me, I have wasted more on junkfood and things that I think make me happy, only to find out I need more, or something better.

I got a little experiment for you to try if ever you are down, upset, angry.... Say to yourself "***Your name*** is sat in the living room (Or wherever) experiencing upset, anger or whatever) You will find you feel like you are looking in from outside the "Me" and the upset, anger will become something you just observe.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by psycho81]

Exactly what did that book cost us...£5. Thats like the price of a take away pizza or a bottle of wine. This book has given me so much for what really is a small price.

Thank you I like your little observation test above, Ive tryed this, Ive stepped aside and watched myself start to react to the past and the future and the pain this brings. Its very effective to become your own watcher. By watching your reaction and shining your full consciousness on to it it completely dissolves and you find yourself aware in the now.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well I have read each and every one of the posts here to make sure my reply was not repeated and I was very interested in absorbing the knowledge you all put forth.

Now it's my turn. Enlightenment is in its early stages very lonesome, because the entire world is under a spell of great dementia. Some countries will never experience it because of the illusion they have corroborated. EnLIGHTenment entolls activation of your pineal gland (the most important spiritual gland in your body) located in the centre of your brain. This is why OHM which is a sacred vibratory sound can help awaken it, if hummed at the right vibration. Also, Jesus was a very knowledgeable teacher of enlightenment. His annointing of the forehead with the holy oil was typical to achieving higher states of conciousness. The pineal gland also secretes melatonin, en.wikipedia.org... . The holy oil consisted of condensing 9 pounds of cannabis into it. Cannabis when smoked just 1g, rises melatonin levels by 4000%, so imagine annointing yourself with such oil. There is no other alternative, yoga or likewise, to activating your pineal gland. (Which also is the only gland that uses light) "enLIGHTenment"

The reason for the dementia of many parts of the world is simply due to sodium fluoride in your tap water. Sodium fluoride was brought over to America by IG Farben from Nazi Germany in an attempt to make the people more docile and less resistant to oppression. 58 years later, it worked, along with an alzheimers and age related epidemic. Sodium Fluoride accumulates the most in the pineal gland, offsetting melatonin production which protects DNA (tree of life) and circadean (bio) clock rhythms causing earlier puberty also.

And thus, the tree of knowledge of good and evil shall protect the tree of life (cannabis shall protect DNA)

Jesus was right. "I am the light" Consume me and you shall live forever. It's logical to say that these secrets are all guarded heavily by the israelites/NWO. But I give them to you in light of all your searching. I can teach you all how to achieve enlightenment but 2012 shall be the best time as all I have written here will come to pass in everyone, no amount of sodium fluoride can keep your pineal gland from its purpose then. Its true that we only use 3% of our DNA, the rest is used when activated. Evolution of the mind is near, but you must survive the coming darkness.

They will not legalize cannabis and they will not stop fluoridating your water. But Jesus would break the law in order to heal the sick. And so must you. The time is at hand. This is Alzheimer's month in Canada and the International Year of Recognition of Natural Fibres, Astronomy, and Reconciliation by the UN. Let me just say that Cannabis is and Illegal ET plant, so let us hope they wake up.

Enlightenment can be, and should have been achieved while here on this physical plain. We are creators on the 3rd realm but got lost amongst it. If you live in fear or darkness, if you love money, you will not survive the coming trials. If you understand that love is the vibration that heals your DNA, then you will understand why Kanneh-bosm (cannabis)/ ganjah (hebrew: god's garden) is and always was the answer. I coming bearing the truth of the light. It is your turn to wake up. I will not post links unless you are truly faithless, but I believe it better for each of you to undertake your own spiritual journey in seeking the almighty essence.

Thank you for this opportunity to spread the light.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by narin

Well I dont know if your method will actually bring enlightenment or not, but your prescription certainly sounds like it could be fun if nothing else.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by narin

Well, that held some insightful thoughts. Lighting up the pineal does not require cannabis or such substances: they can speed things up, temporarily, and keep it going in the right person(s). However, I assure you, turning on the lights is entirely a matter of Right Knowledge and Right Effort, which, I can see from reading this thread and many others on ATS, not one person understands lucidly (though almost all will attest to this).

Funny Avatar you have there: the Method of Turning the Lights on is called: The Middle Path. Here's a post I decided not to post, but since you posted, I said, what the heck, throw it in there. Be warned: the knowledge behind it is well hidden in plain sight.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There's a reason it's called the Stillness Within. 'Mind in Abeyance' is a term, like others, describing the action. It reaches a voiding point, also known as a pivot-of-mind point: Your very Mind ceases to operate in a Clockwise direction which is alignment with everyday reality (consensus agreement); once this point is reached, it can be kept in the Void point, or caused at this time (only when the pivot is reached/achieved) to operate in the Counterclockwise direction, called Spirit alignment or rotation. This is not an inverted pyramid, as almost all believe unknowingly (I've seen it often): it is a Cone. Thank You! (No applause...gosh, it got quiet...)

I've heard people say they've meditated for years without much happening for them, besides greater peace or relaxfullness in their life. That's good, but one needs to have some knowledge of their own purpose, and utilize their Intent for that purpose.

Enlightenment is just that, folks: the Lights Coming On. It's a Real Thing. David Wilcox gives a good description of this in his famous 2012 vid, and describes how after awhile it 'goes away.' You say, 'What?' That's your cue to learn to dwell deeper, and bring yourself to be able to consciously Turn the Lights On.

What Lights?

Well, as a simple example, I can assure everyone here that when they've achieved a certain 'degree' of Enlightenment, the Inner Sun will light up inside your head: that's right, your pineal gland will turn as bright as many Suns (though the nature of the Light is different than the Outer Sun).

And no, enlightenment won't allow you to conquer Earth: most who experience this often become very cowed by the recognition of the Archetypal forces they discover...Some indulge in the bliss.
The Brave & Bold step Forth to Aid in the Steerage of the Course.

(What I've said here is from longtime personal experience. An oldie goldie, so-to-speak.)

Don't forget to turn the lights Off.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by SS,Naga]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SS,Naga
reply to post by narin

And no, enlightenment won't allow you to conquer Earth: most who experience this often become very cowed by the recognition of the Archetypal forces they discover...Some indulge in the bliss.
The Brave & Bold step Forth to Aid in the Steerage of the Course.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by SS,Naga]

Indulging in the bliss is a recognised stage that many spend years in. I admit it takes courage to step out of the bliss and venture on.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Seems like those that say they know what the path is have remarkably different (and highly creative) opinions on it all.

It is like the old saying, "If you meet the Buddah on the road, kill him."

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I agree with visible_villain, there is no doubt in the all knowing awakened mind so the question of wether one is awakened or not will never arise.

A favorite zen quote: Before enlightenment, chop wood and carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood and carry water.

No need to analyze enlightenment, creating expectations and a finish line, compare oneself to others or try to conceptualize spiritual progress.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Logic is the only thing that narrows and defines... with all this superstition and mysticism... you will never find the truth.

The only way they have to discribe reality is through these books using vague terms and exercises to increse your CHI.... OMG MY SOUL MATRIX NEEDS CLEANED... And everyone wonders how such ignorant religions maintain themselves with new ignroant blood... its all very logical and easy to see.

rediculous.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The stream of life diverges to many side-streams and then converges back into the ocean of consciousness...naturally. There is no need to strive to be ocean while you are a stream or to strive to be stream while you are an ocean. Water resists nothing and nothing resists it, therefore it naturally flows where it is meant to. You have the free will to choose your stream, but you to will naturally flow back whence you came...whether you effort or not.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Of course there are many fun things you can do to test if you are enlightened, which I forgot to mention.

'___', the dreamtime molecule I like to call it, will be ever present when you are asleep. Before this summer I could not remember any of my dreams, now I can remember several a night. This is also secreted by your pineal gland.

You will understand the alpha and the omega concept more clearly. In each of our souls is a duality of man and woman. Sun and moon. Before christianity came along there were many female divinity worshipping sects. This is due to the marriage of the duality within the soul. Once you have taken hold of you pineal gland, you will begin the courtship of your soul. Their marriage is ascension to the lower levels of the fourth dimension.

The best time for enlightenment exercises is summer, (If you live in a seasonal climate like Canada) If you start seeing the eyes in the clouds and the leaves, do not fear (as I did) this is a coming together with the oneness in the conciousness of the almighty. You will also be affected by the vibration of other people on your journey. This may affect you greatly, stay in the light. Fear the path because it is full of surprise, these are only effects which I have first-handedly witnessed.

Raising your vibration is the highest priority. Sound therapy (Solfeggio frequencies) can help dilude the effects of the world on your body, once your body is clean, your mind will follow.

Be weary when you are in a long period within the light, because if you do not live in love, it can shatter your being. Exposing your soul to the light for long periods of time requires pureness because you will inflict great harm in yourself if you do this with fear in your soul. Judgement is placed on you (by something, yourself?) when you are in the phase of enlightenment.

I really want you all to achieve it, because it is very lonely without others, but you will cause yourself great harm if you live in the love up until this point and then seek the darkness once you have attained it. (Don't worry though, once you have lost it with the darkness, you will be able to achieve it again in a few months, it is a cycle of such)

I would love to teach you all the knowledge of the ancients who are awaiting your arrival. I have recently turned 19 with an awakened power in my heart to seek the power of the freedom.

Moses too started his shaman journey after casting flame to the bush. And the israelites sought heavily to protect their holy oil from the common man.

Annoint your third eye, and test it. Each of us are powerful beyond measure, IN THIS LIFE. There is no waiting for higher plains. If you do not achieve it in this life, you will just come back until you do. Period. I am not christian, but I do believe that the bible is the most common reference for all to understand. Infact I was brought up in a heavily buddhist/hindu family. But I Occam's razor is the most healthy application to religion. And so, the more you learn of spirituality, the more relevant religion becomes (without the need to preach endlessly of dogmatic scripture).

This is the most relevant time for enlightenment so I believe Mr. Green to have surfaced a very important topic for us all.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join