It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brutal Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hello ATS, this is my first post so go easy on meh.

So, I guess everyone knows everything there is to know about crazy, bloodthirsty cops, who use ridiculous reasons to justify beating up people for riding skateboard, bikes, or just looking suspiciously in their Point of view.

How do you guys think it would be more appropriate to deal with them? Just comply to their demands, when you did nothing wrong, let them be the dominant figure in a possible altercation or stand up for you rights, at the risk of getting smacked in the face, and trust people on the street will help you?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Depends, if your doing nothing wrong then it depends how much you don't like being beaten up. Personally, I would just do as they say and then try and beat them from the inside by joining them. I would fail at any other attempt to be honest.

However, if you ARE breaking the law, then I am all for the police dealing with criminals like animals. Were all smart enough to know the law and what is right or wrong.

At the end of the day, it just comes down to your own personal stance on things. If your planning on fighting, wear cup.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Well, imho if this would happen to me, I'd stand up for my rights, at the risk of getting smacked, but at least I'll sue them so bad..

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I don't think you would get anywhere trying to sue them. That kind of stuff gets swept under the carpet really quick.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by teh_andy
Well, imho if this would happen to me, I'd stand up for my rights, at the risk of getting smacked, but at least I'll sue them so bad..

That is not a smart plan at all. And don't ever expect the "people on the street" to help you.

You are assuming all cops are stupid. That is a dangerous assumption. If you aggravate a smart cop he could work you over good and make sure you won't have a case.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
No man, srsly now if a good cop, thats respects your rights n stuff, comes up to you, I'd treat him with respect; if he starts do things taht are against the law, and against my rights, then I'll get mad n stuff..

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I was a Traffic cop but got medicaly retired. I ALWAYS treated people how I expected to be treated. If they were fine with me I was fine with them. I would regularly give people the benefit if the doubt rather than ticket them for every misdemeanor, as I felt education was the best form of prevention.

My philosophy was if I gave a guy a ticket who would suffer him or his kids because he'd have to pay up, and possibly be short of money the rest of the month.

Of course when it came to serious offences Drink Driving, Excessive Speeding or Using a mobile phone at the wheel I had no option.

I had no time for those who thought they were the law not just representing it, and would take an officer to task if he / she acted excessivey in my prescence.

I was extremely proud of my way of working, and even known criminals would show me respect the same way as I showed them. Of course there were the few who liked to mix it and I could give as good as I took.

I think the introduction of Zero Tolerance policing took away the approachability of the Police and created tension amongst the public,

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I agree with you. But when it comes to 13years old kids who ride their bikes or skates thru the city and are getting treated like they're convicts and threatend, yadda yadda by the police, thats not ok.

new topics

top topics

join