It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bit of a Moon puzzle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
OK, well this is a bit of a quiz and I will tell you the answer later if no-one guesses the answer.

If you need to, here are the links to some official resources of jpgs and tifs
www.lpi.usra.edu...
astrogeology.usgs.gov...

What makes these tracks that we see all over the Moon? Not the really wide ones, but the narrower ones like this in this photo.

(sorry, I havent got the hang of displaying the image here)

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I'll go with an explanation from internos:

Originally posted by internos
Regarding the tracks, i'd like to offer a possible explanation:
in my humble opinion, they could be straight Rilles: on the Moon can also be found sinuous and arcuate ones, but the ones posted here (IF they are rilles) are definately straight ones.
Hyginus Rille (straight)

I say this becauase of their appearance (which could be consistent with the ones of some rilles) and, on top of that, because at the same coordinates of one of these images it can be clearly seen that the area in question is rich of rilles: these are captures from Clementine-UVVIS Multispectral Mosaic, their resolution is the best available:

And these are 100% rilles.
Straight rilles are thought to be, basically, grabens:
since their scheme is in some cases like this one
it would make sense even the fact that some of them look to be parallel: that's normal in some cases.
you can check the area by yourself, with Clem-UVVIS Multispectral Mosaic: it's already centered at Lat -0.8 and Lon 24.8.
Just my two € cents

From this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers!

[edit on 11-1-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
These wide ones might well be rilles but the smaller ones are definitely not. From my research, I believe there is another explanation.....

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

What do you think the explanation is?
I am curious.

And welcome to ATS! I hope you will have a great time here.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The lines in the image you linked to (if you mean the vertical parallel lines) are on the photograph. Mike Singh posted some pictures recently on another thread. As Chadwickus points out, Internos gave a thorough explanation of what they likely are.

If you've got an explanation that applies to different anomalous parallel lines, a lot of ATS folk'll be keen to read it. I certainly will (as long as it isn't alien dune buggies or J Lear's human/alien mining facilities). Intriguing post

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
well, since I am in Asia, it is late now and I want to give it time for other people to come up with some suggestions. However, in the morning I will post another picture which shows more of this 'Rille' for further comment. It is just to keep you in suspense really! :-)

I think when you see the next photo you will be intrigued.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
well, since I am in Asia, it is late now and I want to give it time for other people to come up with some suggestions. However, in the morning I will post another picture which shows more of this 'Rille' for further comment. It is just to keep you in suspense really! :-)

I think when you see the next photo you will be intrigued.

Do you mean something like these?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
yes, probably something like this, but I cannot see where this came from. It could be from anywhere on Earth,Moon,or Mars. Looking at the source it looks as if it is from a tractor or other two-wheeled vehicle here on earth. So.... whats your point? That I am making a big deal of something which is just a Rille?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Ok, well to put you all out of your anticipation misery this is the 'thing' that I found. It is like a mole and I think it is responsible for many of the crater-like 'inverted cone' features found on the surface of the moon.

Obviously it is not responsible for the real craters, but the kind of worm holes like you see here on earth at the beach. I dont know why it goes above ground - probably it moves from A to B quicker above ground and that is what it is doing here in this photo.

If you enlarge the photograph like I did, the mole has ploughed straight through the hill and emerges on the other side. This means that it is not a natural landscape feature as some might think but is something being driven intelligently by a being on the Moon.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by qmantoo]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

It's fun being mysterious

The photo I showed are tracks from the Soviet lunar rover, Lunokhod.

www.astronautix.com...

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I dont think this 'mole' photo shows that soviet rover though.

Does this mean that there is intelligent life on the Moon then? If so then it should be shoved right in the face of those people who deny it.

If you want to look for yourselves, it is on Lunar Orbiter mission 4 photograph 4133_h2. Download the tif photo for best picture.

new topics

top topics

join