It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of White America?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cthulwho
The main problem is that non-white people reproduce like rabbits,

The main problem is that there are too many reactionary, racist, bigots - such as yourself.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
When was America white? Was it when they were trying to wrest the land away from the Natives? Or shortly after, when Africans were brought over to do the work? Incidentally, the only reason they used Africans was because the slave owners had a problem with Native American slaves running home. The Africans couldn't swim that far.
Some Mexican families have been living in the areas of California and New Mexico since before Columbus.
And you're worrying about the end of White America? I have to ask what exactly is White America?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I would like to contend that, by and large, racism no longer exists. Rather, I suppose that what is typically referred to as "racism" these days has more in common with what I presume to be "culturalism."

To prove my point I need only to ask a simple series of questions.

If you are at a deli during your lunch break and the man behind you is wearing a business suit and African-American what is the first thing that crosses your mind regarding this person?

Now, If you are at a deli during your lunch break and the man behind you is wearing a dew rag and basketball jersey yet happens to be white what is the first thing that crosses your mind regarding this person?

In my limited experience, people judge others based on how they present themselves. If I dress like a thug then others will presume I am a thug regardless of the color of my skin. The same holds true if I present myself as a business man, people see me as I present myself and not for the color of my skin.

I assume it is safe to say that 'rap' culture is dominated by blacks and that 'business' culture is dominated by whites. I also don't think anyone can question which of the aforementioned cultures has been more beneficial to society as a whole.

While we can't choose our skin color we can choose what culture we follow and how we present ourselves to others. And how we present ourselves matters thousands of times more than the color of our skin.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Not to try and sound cliche but we're all the same. We use the same DNA code. The color of our skin is just the adaptation to what enviroment you grew up in.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaBears

So does a banana...

Burying our heads in the sand will not help matters. Isn't it better to be totally honest and logical?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquin

You're very naive. It's not your fault though. You weren't born with a scarlet letter on your head AKA being born black. You think people don't call Will Smith the "n" word? The first thing people see is your race not your style of dress. Ever seen a white lady grab her purse when a very well dressed black man gets in the elevator? It does not matter much how you dress. The OP is paranoid. He needs to look up some statistics and calm down. No, I'm not going to post the stats here, God gave you a brain too, use it. I am not going to do your thinking for you. Right now some folks are panicking because we have our first non-white prez, their fear is disgusting, They think so primitively...pathetic. BTW these same people will vehemently deny ever thinking America would end if Brock does do a good job. LOL Yes I think we should be honest, we're not all the same we are different. One cannot make generalizations though...we're not ants we are individuals. We are different and equal. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, individually. How people find time to hate people of other races is amazing to me. The last person who was a jerk to you, were they of a different race? There is so much to find fault with in your own race that you should not have any room left in your heart for hating any other race. This goes for everyone. Unless you're perfect don't judge anyone else.

PS since I've been here (USA) I've noticed more racist behaviour from blacks than from whites...make of that what you will but I don't think it helps their cause.

Sonya16, you must have had a negative experience with Nubians, judging from your obvious dislike of them. If I am wrong let me know. However is it not silly for you, an otherwise intelligent person to judge an entire race of people based upon your experiences with less than 1% of a subgroup ( because African-Americans are different from Trinidadians for example) of those people?
Also if you don't mind, can you tell me a little about your negative experiences?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join