It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What percentage of ATS post are complete B.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I think

We have 10% good threads

We have about 50% threads which can swing either way

About 30% which are absolute crap

and

Around 10% which are direct lies and and written by attention seekers

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by apex

I thought that would be the case.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I'll give a qualified answer. Some threads start out with sincere questions from uninformed probably younger members. They often get pirated by people with some axe to grind and becoming pissing contests.

The actual scientific or thoughful questions tend to die on the vine unfortunately.

The religious ones have their own crowd, most often devout Christians, just as the UFO believers, 9/11 Truthers, etc.

The conflict in Gaza has orought out a really ugly side of ATS. A lot of coucehed laguage hatred has come to the fore. Really a lot. There have been people posting non-stop for 3 weeks supplying every possible condemnation of Israel and that popular code word for Jews - "Those Zionists."

I haven't been here long enough for a representative sampling, but am told things have moved from a minority of poorly informed agenda driven postings to something approaching a majority.

You have to learn to be discriminating, and choose your topics carefully. There is a real minefield out there, but some light at the end of the tunnel.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I have spent the better part of the last ~4 years lurking and reading threads, with about a year and half of silence because I got sick of reading the same crap and smashing the same people in the head for their lack of evidence or scientific method in their delivery of their "proof"

What I do now before I read hypothesis/theories from people who seem to have it "all there" is I click on their user name, and go read their posts, if they are full of S**T then I can figure that out easily by the amount of back pedaling and "me too" type posts they made/make.

Some people have a minimal amount of those kinds of posts, those people have credibility to me. However it has to stand that everyone makes some kind of "me too" post at some point, just to get some more ATS/BTS/PTS points for themselves.

The real liars are the ones that start ALOT of threads about their pet theories with links to self referencing sites and other bogus "proof" just to generate a massive thread.

Case in point John Titor; need I say more?

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Davood]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join