It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What percentage of ATS post are complete B.S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Okay, I've had a couple of paranormal experiences myself. But some of the crap I hear on hear is so far fetched that I can't help but laugh about it. So what do you think the percentage is of people on here that are making up crap just to get a rise out of us??

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Well, I'll say that this thread itself might be considered B.S by some, of course you don't have to "like" all of the threads here thats where your choice of what to even open comes into play, I would ask this question in a diferent way beacuse it really did come across a bit harsh, also BTS has a rant section that might be more fitting.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
including mine? Oh Id say 98 percent.
mwuahaha.
sometimes I think that certain people here on ATS live, eat, and breathe this site. they wake up in the morning, get a bowl of cereal, come on ats, post something they saw from somewhere, and it goes like that all day until they reach their goals of getting as many stars as they can. it makes em sleep better at night maybe? Maybe its to say that they "contributed" to something. haha
yea, id say a good percentage of it is BS.
but its good entertainment!!! its either this or CNN and FOX.
Personally, I find the BS on here MUCH more entertaining. =)

Ill give you a star for this thread. lol.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
76.35 %

Give or take 23.65%

[edit on 11-1-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I STAND READY TO BE THE BS U ASK>>>

there i made you happy..

bs can be fun! aslong as no harm is done..

% wise? pft im good at math but i would say 50/50 on all just coz i can

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
star for you... I'd say its a 80-20 split ala the 80-20 principle.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think less than 10% is worthwhile and the other 90% should have been left out in the pasture. I really hate those hypocrits that posit one thing on the menu to suck you in, then flip flop to the other side. There should be a special dump button for them and their computers.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It takes one to know one?..........If you can't beat 'em join 'em?

I don't start threads due to lack of evidence and apparent 'kookiness' described by some who also come here 'as if' to debunk others. So, from that point of view; To each their own; kind..... thread topics and posts.

Enjoy!

[edit on 11-1-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
If your saying 80% bs and 20% is decent i would agree. Some of these post are down right stupid and alot are never backed up with satisfactory evidence. Although i have seen some great posts. I dont mean to cause offence but i think you Americans are more interested in your own ideas. We British like other things... Its abit like comparing out sense of humor and style. Yours is terrible and ours is brilliant..

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tarpon68

Usually it's posts that describe 'experiences' that come straight out of movies or written fiction.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Usually I'm wary when the sentence begins with, "I am a [insert supernatural being name here]". For example, that could include vampire, higher light, god, psychic, indigo child, werewolf, moviestar, etc. It doesn't mean that they're intentionally lying but whenever someone totes themselves as above others that gives me cause for doubt.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Its called "Popularity Contest"...something that only takes place in Jr. and Sr. high schools.

2nd line.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The BS percentage would be significantly higher... although that does not take away from the amazing site that the owners have tirelessly worked on and kept original and up to date.

ATS is a user generated site... threads, posts..... all content!!
If there is too much BS... do something about it.

I always thought this was a brilliant thread.

Be the change you wish to see

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tarpon68

I like to give 110%

Take it one post at a time ...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Have seen the site change quite a bit over the last 2 yrs,when I 1st signed up maybe about 5%,now seems more like 50% some real weird stuff being posted,and sad part the odd ones bring their cult following with them

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

Thought I would be attacked more. Good people here!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well... all the posts I disagree with are obviously B.S., and the ones I agree with smell of roses and can't be faulted in any way whatsoever!

That makes a B.S. to Roses ratio of around 92%.

Bear in mind, though, that B.S. is VERY good for making roses grow...

But... it's not so much the OTs, it's the replies that make me question people's sanity. Mine included!

(some very close relatives of mine!)

[edit on 12/1/2009 by jupiter1uk]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
Have seen the site change quite a bit over the last 2 yrs,when I 1st signed up maybe about 5%,now seems more like 50% some real weird stuff being posted,and sad part the odd ones bring their cult following with them

Is it a change in content or a change in perception?

"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

Is there anything of which one can say,
"Look! This is something new"?
It was here already, long ago;
it was here before our time." - Ecclesiastes 1:9-10

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I personally think there is more rubbish here now. But that may be a change in my perception of it, since I've been looking at this site since 2004, and posting since 2005. A problem is that so many people seem to have this idea that since NIST or whoever isn't being (in their mind) honest about 9/11, Aliens, Yellowstone, [insert thing here], etc, the entire scientific establishment must be wrong and anyone who can make a youtube video about it must be right.

See Neal Adams and his balmy earth is growing videos. I don't have a problem so much with people who think about it (or any other seemingly balmy idea) and come up with what seems a plausible explanation for it, but people who just go, "hey yeah, that looks cool/makes sense (without knowing a damn thing about the subject matter), therefore it must be right" really annoys me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join