It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These weird flashes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
My wife has got these weird flashes in her head for almost two years now. It just happens sometimes but during extreme stress it happens more. It usually happens when she is just sitting at her computer. She says she sees images flash by so fast she can not make them out and if makes her feel like she is going to throw up. We are not sure what is causing it and would like to stop it. Any advice.

Also a weird on she was doing it last night and I sat next to her and started hugging her and the sides of my head behind my temples started tingling all the way from my temples past where my ears are.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Sounds to me like her aura is intensifying during these incidents to a level where it affects your aura. Kirlian Photography

Everone has an aura, it can intensify with stress, anxiety, fear, joy and laughter. It can also intensify even greater with anger, hate and violence.

As to what is causing the "flashes", that is hard to say, could be something medical related. I suggest you visit a doctor and have the doctor monitor her heart and other vital signs during these flashes. If a medical condition can be ruled out, perhaps its some form of visions phenomena, at that point I would seek advice and guidance from a psychic or perhaps a pastor.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

she needs to see a doctor right away.

Could be little aneurysms or the like.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

The doctor checked her out she was 5 months pregnat when it first started and has asked her about it at many of my sons check ups since. At first we though it may be because of the pregnacy but then she kept doing it after so now we don't know. The flashes are not like hot flashes they are like flashes of images she sees in her head very fast.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I have friends with migraines that sometimes have visual hallucinations and nausea.

Sometimes these occur without pain, sometimes they precede the painful part of a migraine. I agree with those who said she should see a doctor.

You should rule out a physical reason before assuming a psychic one just in case it is the warning sign of some life threatening event. (aneurysm or brain tumor)

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I have found out threw the women that I know that all the hormones that goes with being pregnant often changes a woman from before she was pregnant. I had a cousin that had migrains before her pregnancy and after her pregnancy she hasn't had any since. Migrains may be the best answer.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
They are not migrains either she will just do it then be fine in a few minutes. She can go days weeks she even went a few months once without doing it but they are increasing again.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Can your wife distinguish what the images are (people, places, things)? When these episodes occur, how long do they last exactly? A bit more info describing these will help in trying to determine what may be going on.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by intrigued2

Some of the images are from her past but they all go by so quick that she can not make them out and if she tries to concentrate to see them it makes her very dizzy and sometimes vomit so she ignores it till it passes.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

Hmmm, really quite strange!!! I asked my questions because I was leaning towards what some others were saying about migraines. I don't believe that these are a type of migraine at all. I know there are migraines that can give you visual auras but I don't believe they would be images from the past.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Have the doctors done a MRI?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

No they have not done an MRI. Our insurance ran out last month so she will wait about going to the doctor about it again. She did not go back when we had insurance because it was not happening as much. Now Im laid off and unemployment is no where near what I was making.

When she first started doing it I had been activated and had to go over seas. Then I came back it stoped for a while. Then some stress in her life that I won't discuss, "and isn't my fault directly or indirectly came in" and it started happening again. Now that Im looking for a job she is worried and it is back. She would still do it every now and again between the times that it was real bad but not enough to really even pay attenion too And if it happened then she would recover within a min or two and it was like it never happened.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
See a neurologist. You need to rule out any neurological condition for your symptoms. They do not all seem related to stress and anxiety, such as the flashes. Could be low blood pressure or high blood pressure, does she ever have a sense of vertigo?

Seriously get her to a neurologist and they will be able to determine if something is wrong.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I agree that a neurologist may be in order however, I understand the predicament you are in regarding your insurance running out and lack of income. Believe me, stress can conjure up many strange things both physically and psychologically. I know this first hand and have been to a neurologist in the past for some strange symptoms. All tests were done and the end result is stress associated "body migraines".
As hard as it may be, if your wife can find it in herself to relax during hard times, this will help until such time as you are able to get medical attention.
Hallucinations can be attributed in a neurological sense but I'm not so sure the specific images from the past would be considered a hallucination.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Update. They are not making my wife as sick now. I mean she still gets naucious but not full blown throwing up. Tonight she saw herself outside of a grocery store and the other day she saw herself in the woods but she is seeing it all through her eyes so she does not really know if it is memories or what.

It has been an hour since the grocery store thing and she says she still sees spots out the corner of her eyes like it is fuzy if she uses periphrial vision and that when she does it she feels like she is in two places at once or like she is watching the second thing on tv.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Her experiences are unusual. It reminds me of a movie on lifetime where a girl could see through the eyes of someone else. Perhaps that is what is happening to her in a sense. But this can be caused by a problem in the brain, the section where memories are stored. Perhaps she could have some form of epilepsy.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Explorergirl]

top topics

join