It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can one tell if one is an"old soul"?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

I´ve heard many saying that 'fish eat fish' in the astral realms.

I couldnt reach there conscious, so I will rettain myself of this view.

However, others who travelled there NEVER went into any fight
whatsoever, just dealing with their inner fears and emotions of
the astral body itself.

[]´s
RP

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by apachemand need for compression.

We come back forever as far as I can tell, unless we die a true death: that is, in an energy environment violent enough to rip apart the patterns. Most at Hiroshima and Nagasaki died true deaths, very few, the very strongest and oldest, survived. But they lost the vast majority of who they were, what they knew. I think that's really why no nukes were ever used again. Everyone really felt the "disturbance in the Force", whether they understood it or not.
[edit on 11-1-2009 by apacheman]

The way I understand "death by atomic bomb" is this: The bomb not only destroys the body, it fractures the soul. Some people who died in the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings were too damaged at soul level to be healed, and had to be uncreated. It's terribly sad. Nukes are soul weapons.

I agree with everything else apacheman said as well. We're here to learn stuff for our soul's growth. Many people on earth are old souls, here to help out younger souls during this time. Whenever I ask myself "how many times have I been here?" the number 106 always shows up in my head.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
My answer comes in story form-
I was a difficult pregnancy, even for my mom who is a midwife.
After trying to be born prematurely, failing, and finally being born late, I was born with too little oxygen and I was having trouble breathing. I was hooked up to all sorts of things, got better, but still had to go to the doctor more than other babies.

When I first had an appointment with my primary pediatrician, he looked at me and said "She has an old soul. I can tell by her eyes."

So there, the doctor told me ^_^
My mom always had a feeling, too, as well as my grandparents.

As a baby I was more intelligent and curious than others. I was very quiet and looked around a lot. Just... looked.. and was expressive with my eyes. Later on I learned to read before most children and perhaps being an "old soul" comes with a higher probability of being classified as "gifted," as I have been.

But yep, apparently it's in the eyes. *points to profile picture* They were pure black when I was born.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Well they do say the eyes are the window to the soul

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I still think it's ridiculous to speculate on something that can only be proven to each of us on an individual basis.

It's a distraction and unecessary.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by coney

Originally posted by apachemand need for compression.

We come back forever as far as I can tell, unless we die a true death: that is, in an energy environment violent enough to rip apart the patterns. Most at Hiroshima and Nagasaki died true deaths, very few, the very strongest and oldest, survived. But they lost the vast majority of who they were, what they knew. I think that's really why no nukes were ever used again. Everyone really felt the "disturbance in the Force", whether they understood it or not.
[edit on 11-1-2009 by apacheman]

The way I understand "death by atomic bomb" is this: The bomb not only destroys the body, it fractures the soul. Some people who died in the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings were too damaged at soul level to be healed, and had to be uncreated. It's terribly sad. Nukes are soul weapons.

I agree with everything else apacheman said as well. We're here to learn stuff for our soul's growth. Many people on earth are old souls, here to help out younger souls during this time. Whenever I ask myself "how many times have I been here?" the number 106 always shows up in my head.

Atomic bombs destroy the soul? What? I thought that energy can't be destroyed or created. Maybe God never was created, always existed, and we are just part of God, or God itself. Souls are like fractals in a Mandelbrot Set, wich is God. So what is the point of a soul to be destroyed? It cant be destroyed. I don´t get it. If radiation can destroy souls, we are already dead by the explosion of the Big Bang. Or by the initial state of the solar system, or by the pre-historic explosions that ocurred in earth by super-volcanos, meteores... Zillions more powerfull than a Hiroshima bomb... Now a man-made bomb can destroy souls? This sounds very nonsense, sorry mate. The scientists are very puzzled by dark-energy, black holes, and even they think that a black-hole can't destroy energy, just transforms it...

Forget about Atomic Bomb, let´s change the name of it to Soul Terminator. It's make much more impact in the news... And some monks will love it, they will finally achieve real death with Atomic Bombs.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
every soul is an "old soul".

Just because some people are unaware of that fact doesn't make them a new soul. It just makes them humans that are less lucid the reality they exist in.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bugasman

"Atomic bombs destroy the soul? What? I thought that energy can't be destroyed or created."

Quite right, energy can't be created or destroyed. What was destroyed was the patterns of energy that are souls. While the energy that forms the patterns cannot be destroyed, the information the pattern carries can be, was, blown out like a candle.

A more apt analogy is a sand painting: no matter how beautiful and complex, when you destroy it, you've only destroyed (uh-oh, language again) the information it carried; the individual grains of sand that composed it are all still there.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by apacheman]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I think this book will provide you with some insight...

www.amazon.com...=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231806527&sr=8-1

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
reply to post by nrky

First off thank you for the very insightful theory you presented, I would very much not call you a crackpot or any thing like that, anybody who is capable of abstract thought in that manner is far from a crackpot as I'm concerned. To what I have quoted, that is the kind of thing that makes me feel like we are so much more then a random mixture of water and chemicals, we are so much more complex, What was that feeling like? was it sudden or had you been tiinking on it for a while? just curious and thank you again for the insight I'm glad you shared!

I have no idea, I was just sitting in front of my computer, idle, then I decided to go to ATS for once, despite having a temporary distaste for everything to do with the internet for a few minutes.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
To be honest I am not entirely convinced of the "soul" concept as it is traditionally recieved let alone it possibility of being destroyed by nuclear weaponry. I first encountered this shocking concept in the works of William S. Burroughs. It is not clear to me hypothetically how being destroyed by nuclear fission would be any more effeicient at destroying souls than being for example hung or decaptiated. They also disrupt pattern. If there is a mechanism for conserving soul patterns then why would fission affect it any more than any other form of death?

Also - to Kat 77 - as far as I know there is no truly reliable proof for the soul ages thing. Some may point to reincarnational anecdotal evidence but this is of course - anecdotal - subject all of those shortcomings that our legal system is also subject to. However as far as its causing social hierarchical problems I see that in principle as no different from the fact that we as human beings do have ages ranging from infant to old. Some old people think they should be seen as hierarchically superior as well as some young people thing they should be seen as hierarchically superior. We usually refer to that as age discrimination. However it does not change the fact that we all have a certain age that falls into generally accepted categories. I have struggled with this myself as have used diferent materials in an effort to cross check and verify the soul ages thing, and while i could not say i am totally convinced my personal researches have led me to speculate that yes, there is something to it. But of course these are only my personal researches.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidself

Remember that we are not talking metaphorically here (at least I'm not): we are discussing real-world physics. The spirit, soul, animating force, whatever, is a pretty fragile thing, hence the necessity for a body to protect it. A nuclear explosion first strips the body away, literally vaporizing it, destroying the physical bonds that bind the spirit to it. Thus exposed, the naked spirit is then subjected to extremely high energy particles and whatever pattern it had is torn asunder. If an EMP can destroy every other unprotected electrical or electronic device, doesn't it stand to reason that it would disrupt and destroy unprotected souls? And if a soul isn't a structured energy pattern, what is it, pray tell?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I've heard it numerous times as well, including my Grandma tell me that as well!
Someone explain to me por favor.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allegory of Illumination
I've heard it numerous times as well, including my Grandma tell me that as well!
Someone explain to me por favor.

Sorry...explain what? And what did your Grandma tell you?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
As I said before the soul as a concept itself is still open to a large number of questions for me. Is it an energy pattern? if so what kind of energy and why have we not been able to detect it with instrumentation? If it is simple electrical or magnetic energy then is would be dissipated instantly with the the EM pulse along with whatever damage the shockwave caused to the physical body. Theoretically the EM pulse would be all that would be needed to destroy souls in that case. elecro shock therapy may even be sufficient or electrocution. If the pattern exists in some kind of Rupert Sheldrake kind of morphic field then i have to ask what kinds of things can actually disrupt a morphic field? suns are subject to supernovae at times and seem not to affect the recreation of suns. How does a sun conserve its pattern (which is evident from astronomical observations) if it is consumed continually by fusion? I am not talking metaphorically unless you count language itself.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Typically you are an old soul if you don't wonder about things such as old souls.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Many thanks for all who are taking the time to engage in this discussion. I have been attempting to "connect" with my soul and am not having much success, I love to hear from some who have been able to achieve this, and as such is that even possible? If I was indeed an "old soul" do you think this connection would be more available to me? I am not distracted nor am I experiencing a "mental block" as it pertains. My mind is very focused on obtaining an "ongoing' communication with my soul or "relationship" if you will.

I feel this need so badly, and with any luck I will have this need fulfilled. I don't believe I am the only one at present searching in this manner, as I believe "we" all are trying to do this in one way or another. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated, thanks in advance all.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Typically you are an old soul if you don't wonder about things such as old souls.

Would that come from the knowledge gained in previous lives? or would that just be another "given"? This is where I get confused

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Well to be honest, the first thing you need to do is sit in front of a mirror and introduce yourself.

This is the first ritual of most hermetic orders. It begins the "Conversation"

Crowley used to refer to something called "The knowledge and conversation with the Holy Guardian Angel".

If you can start seeing yourself in everyone around you, as well as taking every interaction with your world as a direct communication with God, then you will be well on your way into the abyss, where you will find that which you seek.

Be forewarned however, that it typically requires much fire to burn off impressions of "the world" before you gain a genuine relationship with that which you seek.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Be forewarned however, that it typically requires much fire to burn off impressions of "the world" before you gain a genuine relationship with that which you seek.

Here is where one of my problems lie, I am having a hard time putting aside my pre conceived notions of the "world" I am so opinionated and I am finding it increasingly difficult to see the "good" in people ( I always try) funny how I have experienced more willingness to express love and humanity in the members of ATS, this is one of the reasons I feel "at home" here
I take every opertunity to give my thanks.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by alyosha1981]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join