It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

How can one tell if one is an"old soul"?

page: 6
21
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Thank you all for the well put responces, I am slowly beguinning to realize how complex and remote the answers seem to be, I am not however discouraged in any way. The question that seems to remain with me though is, if one is an old soul and has successfully transended through the preseeding levels, when in their current state of being would the experience of past lives manifest itself and become clear to the "mind"?

When in doubt I often activly seek out answers, weather it be a small problem or a large (in my perception) one. Is that indicitive to a lack of experience on the part of my soul? and if so (shedding human boundries) is my soul in fact guiding my actions from "behind the scene's? I would atribute a small percentage of this "self doubt" to a lesser level soul as I feel that a mature one would provide some "contentment" as I had stated early on. In questioning at all I always wonder if I am asking the "right" questions, weather I ask them of other people or ask of myself.

The unknown is of concern to me yet somehow it is more so "unknowing of what exactly is unknown" that troubles me. I have seen others close to me die, one rather the other I could not bear to witness( and a cause of great regreat I'll add) I can't explain how affraid for them I was and still am, knowing what great people in life they truly were, good in every sense of the word to others as well as to themselves.

I remain convinced (for now anyways) that the ideal of "just knowing" things as others have mentioned does indeed come to us in the form of communication from the soul be it wispers or epifines, NDE"s ect ect , the only problem is will we always recieve the information that we were intended to recieve? or will some of it become "lost mail" along the way. I am finding all of the insight given to be very useful and again I give my thanks to all as I feel most if not all of you have contributed in a very personal way. I wish there was a concreate way to determine the actuall level at wich one's soul was currently located( not the physical location) for a better understanding by us all.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by alyosha1981]




posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidself
I just want to mention the referenances for that last post. It's from Chelsea Quinn Yarbro s Micheal books, Micheal's people and all of that. According to the material there are 7 soul levels ; only 5 of which occur on the Prime material plane.


Thank you, liquidself. I was going to ask for the source of that info.



posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
before the fall, I was .now I am here.34 earth years in feb. turned myself into god so i would not be destroyed . sent to be tested in a rich nation, a minority , white male. reason of exsistence to give god glory.anybody whos anybody : everything was made through the word for the word and apart from the word nothing came into being. god is everything or he is nothing.take a vote the majority rules. the devil thought itd be a good idea if people could vote and when she could notwin god, deicide came into being. god defeated satan , hence the fallen.the upright turned themseves into god to be reborn ,tested, judged,rewarded throughout the ages .



posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniem
 
I agree, I was always under the impression that having an "old soul" meant that you were very insightful without knowing that you were. Like having a certain knowledge inside you, that just comes natural. I guess a past life could makethat possible, or just maybe something passed on genetically. Who knows, but it sure is interesting and I have only known a few people in my lifetime who are like that. Great thread!



posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PammyK
 


Thank you PammyK! I enjoy and take some comfort from the thoughtfull responces, I agree on the "knowing without knowing where it came from" I'm just trying to figure out the source of that knowledge that some seem to have



posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
Thank you all for the well put responces, I am slowly beguinning to realize how complex and remote the answers seem to be, I am not however discouraged in any way. The question that seems to remain with me though is, if one is an old soul and has successfully transended through the preseeding levels, when in their current state of being would the experience of past lives manifest itself and become clear to the "mind"?

When in doubt I often activly seek out answers, weather it be a small problem or a large (in my perception) one. Is that indicitive to a lack of experience on the part of my soul? and if so (shedding human boundries) is my soul in fact guiding my actions from "behind the scene's? I would atribute a small percentage of this "self doubt" to a lesser level soul as I feel that a mature one would provide some "contentment" as I had stated early on. In questioning at all I always wonder if I am asking the "right" questions, weather I ask them of other people or ask of myself.

The unknown is of concern to me yet somehow it is more so "unknowing of what exactly is unknown" that troubles me. I have seen others close to me die, one rather the other I could not bear to witness( and a cause of great regreat I'll add) I can't explain how affraid for them I was and still am, knowing what great people in life they truly were, good in every sense of the word to others as well as to themselves.

I remain convinced (for now anyways) that the ideal of "just knowing" things as others have mentioned does indeed come to us in the form of communication from the soul be it wispers or epifines, NDE"s ect ect , the only problem is will we always recieve the information that we were intended to recieve? or will some of it become "lost mail" along the way. I am finding all of the insight given to be very useful and again I give my thanks to all as I feel most if not all of you have contributed in a very personal way. I wish there was a concreate way to determine the actuall level at wich one's soul was currently located( not the physical location) for a better understanding by us all.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by alyosha1981]


Hmmm...don't get hung up on "levels", they're just a human construct to mark relative stages, unimportant in themselves, mainly useful when you're near the boundary. What's more important is being awake enough to ask the question you did. It shows that you've finally begun to be truly self-aware, and that you've been self-aware before, most likely. Pay attention to 'deja vu' moments and examine them as potential decoding keys to unzip compressed memories. If you work at it and practice paying attention in life, you can make huge strides in one lifetime.

As to when it becomes clear...depends, I guess, on how willing you are to accept reality without all the religious nonsense. But if you suspect that some part of you is prompting you to ask these questions you are almost certainly correct. We to tend leave ourselves spiritual post-it notes to accelerate the wake-up process each lifetime. If it makes you feel any better I'd peg you as an emerging mid-level spirit, leaving teenage, entering young adulthood. It's hard to read you from just your words, but so it seems to me.



posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
An old soul will be the person who is
in full acceptance of their own bumpy journey
and the bumpy journey of others -

A watcher of the world and its goings on -
wise and without judgment -
one foot planted on the ground -
and one foot planted in the heavens.
Able to sit back and enjoy the show -
in peace - regardless of the outcome.










[edit on 12-1-2009 by spinkyboo]



posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I've had a couple odd old women - complete strangers - who would whisper that I was an old soul. For years, I had no idea what they meant. I was speaking to a lady one day, and she told me that she was told as a child that she was an old soul.

I asked what that meant. She said it had something to do with going around a few times. I took that to mean, "recycled."

Children, pre-school, will often have memories of previous "times." I read a book once that made my hair stand up called something like "Children of Light." It documented scores of these instances and most of the research took place in England.

They would speak frankly about being "dead." They would report, "I drowneded." "I was killed shot in my stomach." Things of this nature. Not afraid of death, speaking of death matter-of-factly. No dread. No permanence.

My Christian upbringing, as well as teachings, tend to prohibit such a concept. Yet I have distinct memories of being in a cavalry charge, and on occasion, other odd events of similar nature. Imagination? Could be.

As a child when visiting the Shiloh battlefield for the first time, although I was only five, I was able to take my parents around and show them where things were, things around the corner, who was where, and share things no child should ever know.

Have you ever seen someone walk in a door, and without any idea who they are, you immediately "know" or "really like" them?

Has anyone ever walked in and having never seen them before, without them opening their mouth, you hated or loathed them?

I would ask you this: Do you already know them?

There is a scripture in the New Testament that reads something like, "except you be born again, of the water and of the Spirit, you shall not enter the Kingdom of heaven."

I know how the preachers interpret it. But is that the only meaning? I find most of the Bible to be a long book of dualities.

Have you ever seen a child that when born, was already wanting to do things they just couldn't physically do? I mean, they were so far mentally ahead of their physical development, that they would actually get frustrated as they couldn't do what their mind told them they were capable of?

Many strange things. Things of mystery. Things veiled. Things we know, but we don't know how we know. Things we would like to know, but are unable.

I've had men die right in my arms. And they would see folks I couldn't see, talk to folks in those last few moments I could not hear. And rather than being fearful, they were oddly, calmed. They could see things my eyes couldn't see.

Maybe this is the dream.

I can tell you that while I used to fear death as a child and a young boy, while I'm in no rush, I am looking forward to this next realm.

Years ago I wrote something like,

"Death, do not sneak on cat-feet, seeking to come upon me unawares, reluctant to frighten me. Walk to me boldly, extend your hand, and I will take it willingly."

And that's exactly how I feel.



posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman
 


Hello apacheman! Thank you for joing the discussion again your insight is always appreciated. I am trying not to use the "levels" for anything more then guidstones if you will, for the moment as I attempt to understand this further, it's just hard as they provide some medial "structure" in wich I can cling to, so advice taken! and thanks again. I feel your guess might be acurate and I am starting to pinpoint more and more "traits" as well as shortcommings so I fear Grandma (best intentions of course) might have been a bit off i'm affraid.



posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Years ago I wrote something like,

"Death, do not sneak on cat-feet, seeking to come upon me unawares, reluctant to frighten me. Walk to me boldly, extend your hand, and I will take it willingly."

And that's exactly how I feel.


Wow Thanks dooper! I don't know where to start with this one, so I'll start at the end, Great piece of writing IMO and very brave of you to offer such an invitation! most likley forthcoming after experience in life? as well as loosing those you described maybe, non the less very good indeed. Children (some) seem to have an uncanny sense of "reality" and I often wonder what an infant could tell us if the could speak. Thank you for sharing and I admire your bravery when it comes to death.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by alyosha1981]



posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
An 'old soul' is just a being who has been in the game longer. Not because they are in themselves new or old or what have you. When it comes to a higher consciousness, it dosn't necesarily matter how long you have been in the 'game'. Some old souls still don't get it and some young souls really 'get it'. It all depends.



posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent Thunder
 

Thanks Agent Thunder!
If an old soul continues to regress into life, what is the end point where it can no longer continue? and I ask because you said smoe don't get it I wonder if those that don't, chose to because they enjoy living?



posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Old soul and young soul.
If you have any thoughts about the world of mystery which is behind death or birth, you will know that this world is not governed by dualistic concept like young and old soul.
The oldest writing we have about the soul is from a man known as Kapila which many attribute some kind of similarities with Buddhism. Let see what he said:
“Souls are infinite in number and consist of pure intelligence. Each soul is independent, indivisible, unconditioned, incapable of change, immortal. But it appears that all this attributes don’t function so well when bound to matter. “
It doesn’t talk much about young and old there…because it is a human concept not a spirit concept. Therefore one has to assume that all souls are created at one point…no young and no old.
Kacou.



posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Interesting reading, according to that, and what of course I have been told all of my life, I am an "Old Soul"...



posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981
 


Yeah, well, my attitude about death was acquired, and has little to do with bravery. It's part of life, and besides, he and I are old acquaintances.

I didn't say friends. He isn't like that gaunt, tall, black thing with a sickle. He's most like the little short guy on Seinfeld.



posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
Old soul and young soul.
If you have any thoughts about the world of mystery which is behind death or birth, you will know that this world is not governed by dualistic concept like young and old soul.
The oldest writing we have about the soul is from a man known as Kapila which many attribute some kind of similarities with Buddhism. Let see what he said:
“Souls are infinite in number and consist of pure intelligence. Each soul is independent, indivisible, unconditioned, incapable of change, immortal. But it appears that all this attributes don’t function so well when bound to matter. “
It doesn’t talk much about young and old there…because it is a human concept not a spirit concept. Therefore one has to assume that all souls are created at one point…no young and no old.
Kacou.

Thanks Kacou! I don't know if that information seems harsh to me or if it seems far off, I do agree however with the concept of time being a human concept, but in relation to measuring start to finish or here to there if you will I think it applys to souls as well, doesn't everything have to have a beguinning? and even if all souls were created at the same time then that would make us all infinatly "old" in a sense right?



posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by alyosha1981
 


Yeah, well, my attitude about death was acquired, and has little to do with bravery. It's part of life, and besides, he and I are old acquaintances.

I didn't say friends. He isn't like that gaunt, tall, black thing with a sickle. He's most like the little short guy on Seinfeld.


Thanks dooper, umm by chance would you care to elaborate more on this for us, (please?) I'm sure I'll find the extension a great read coming from you.



posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981
 


Well, I am glade that my post raises questions.
In my view, the spirit world or the mystery world is no bound by time or any other dualistic character, this world is just at present, not past or future. No beginning no end.
The concept of old and young soul is a human concept which was derived from human attributes to divides humans and confuse your soul in your journey of humanity.
A little bite like saying...”I am better then you because I am older then you” this is not spiritual at all…this is very patronizing.
Kacou.



posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou
 


Thank you for your insight, I wonder what others have to say about the time factor, as it applies to the spirit realm? it could be easy to explain alot away with the subtraction of "time" though. I'm not sure if this is just a convienent subsititute for not knowing( on the part of whoever theroized) this of course, not you. Many thought provoking points thank you kacou.



posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981
 


The true state of enlightenment does not know, it embraces all as it is not as you wish to be. This is one of the greatest undertakings of all spiritual teachers.
In the state of not knowing is the sublime peace of acceptance as you have took all the ideas(past, presents, your own or from other) out of your equation in the pursuit of “being then and there”.
If you are able to achieve this state, which should be said is effortless, you will become peace.
Our knowledge of “knowing or not knowing” is based on what we have and what we don’t have. Therefore we are bound to have false insight of what is universal in us.
If you look at the concept of soul, you will in time take it only as an idea and never as a conviction. If you take it as a conviction you will never let your self grasp any other ideas then you be trapped in to believing instead of “being”.
Kacou.




top topics



 
21
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join