It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can one tell if one is an"old soul"?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

In reply to "What does the soul do in between?"

Have you ever seen the movie What Dreams May Come? Well if you have, then you need to forget all about it (even though the movie was great), and read the original book with the same title.

Here is a link: www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231677856&sr=1-1

The book is old, but the ideas are well researched, and much of the basis remains unchanged today.

It is a fictional story based around experiencial evidence. For me, it was an affirmative read. Perhaps for you it will be informative, or at least guide you in a good direction

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
what I find hard to understand is, that, with more people alive now, than throughout recorded history, and souls supposedly passed on to the next person whenone dies, that who ever is regressed has multiple prevoius lives, so where do all the new souls come from, that have previous lives?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

Very good descriptions. I would like to add that truly old souls do not believe they are the "chosen ones" here to change the world, wipe out all negativity, and awaken humanity.

They have been around long enough to accept the world and the nature of creation for what it is. They understand that both positive/negative energy have always existed and always will.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Old Souls like me and others in the world
may be very olde but yet plenty does have learnt
that we need to remember that we are are One entire being...
Sounds Far Out as we said during 70's but We Are One With Nature
and even With the Universe-conscious. The spirits if we allow can help us abit but most people forgets that So If We Stressed A Little Less Focuses More On Spiritual well being we would Easily be more Connected To Earth.
Remember we are all Connected !
God bless Y'all

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Hello Sonya!
So in a way that sort of goes back to what I refered to as "contentment"? or is that not a good comparison? Because I feel that if indeed I was an "old soul" that I should be content spirtualy speaking, right?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MyrTheSeeker

Thank you! I will look for the book, although I have seen the movie, I didn't place much "truth" in it because Hollywood is fantasy I know that and would be a fool to believe everything that comes out of it
Also would anybody be so kind as to attempt to tackle the question posted by anonymous because I'm having a tough time getting my mind around that one.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
what I find hard to understand is, that, with more people alive now, than throughout recorded history, and souls supposedly passed on to the next person whenone dies, that who ever is regressed has multiple prevoius lives, so where do all the new souls come from, that have previous lives?

All souls come from the source. The absolute ground of being. God. The no-thing void. Eternal awareness. And so on.

We all come from this "thing" that is not a thing, this "thing" that cannot be described by words. It can only be experienced.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981

Hello Sonya!
So in a way that sort of goes back to what I refered to as "contentment"? or is that not a good comparison? Because I feel that if indeed I was an "old soul" that I should be content spirtualy speaking, right?

Haha, no. No person is content, ever. As long as one still has a "persona" or a "me" identity, that one will forever be in suffering.

Even the oldest of old souls. As long as that soul is not aware of its true nature and undergone self-realization or enlightenment, suffering is in place.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

Thank you! but I do have a question
So the souls or energy created goes "full circle" through all the "levels" until what? the beginning again? or is there is "stopping" point and is this point (given that it does in fact "stop")

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

We have all been here before, some many times. Reincarnation is the real deal, and I don't care what the religious crowd says about it. I have distinct memories abut events in lives other than this one. Always have. I would say, in an off-hand manner, that most people alive today have been here before. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte

Hello Sonya!

Haha, no. No person is content, ever. As long as one still has a "persona" or a "me" identity, that one will forever be in suffering.

Even the oldest of old souls. As long as that soul is not aware of its true nature and undergone self-realization or enlightenment, suffering is in place.

And even moments of true enlightenment do not stop suffering for many. Ya may realize it is all an illusion but we are still a part of it.

I would expect old souls to not fear death, or worry about the nature of God though. They take it in stride and realize it is not something to stress over.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Bill Murray did a movie called: "Groundhog Day" * which reminds me of how people repeat the same mistakes from previous lives until they finally get it right.

It's interesting that some appear to rebel as if to spend more time on earth also.
So, in that respect we 'as if' live in some type of matrix or scripted life and don't always follow the script provided 'as if' part of our free will.

The song: "What if God was one of us" reminds me of an old soul or 'old-lost-soul' with alzheimer's syndrome. What if god fell and can't get up?

* www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
And even moments of true enlightenment do not stop suffering for many. Ya may realize it is all an illusion but we are still a part of it.

I would expect old souls to not fear death, or worry about the nature of God though. They take it in stride and realize it is not something to stress over.

A glimpse of the truth may not stop suffering for many, yes. But that is simply because the process is not completed, and the "me" is still in place.

As long as one identifies with the body, or the mind, and has attachments and desires, that one is still in suffering.

It is also easy to mistake the experience of "oneness" as true enlightenment. That is a mistake because there is still a "me" that is one with everything.

As a sidenote, I am still in suffering.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Riposte

Thank you! but I do have a question
So the souls or energy created goes "full circle" through all the "levels" until what? the beginning again? or is there is "stopping" point and is this point (given that it does in fact "stop")

Yes I think you could put it that way. The process won't end until you are self-realized. You will keep coming back over and over until you do.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Posted by Sonya610

Well I'll admit that this thread had a secondary motive, and Sonya as you know in a previous thread of mine, I am very afraid of death and this fear conflicts with what my grandmother told me ( I am an "old" soul) as do other things, I hoped I would get some insight into this fear as well.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I myself don't know how to identify if someone has an "old soul".

But when my son was a baby @ 9 months old, me, my wife and son were at a local shopping mall when an older woman randomly walked up to us and said "your son is adorable so don't take offense at this, but he looks like someone who's been here before". I said "At the mall here? Hundreds of babies a week go through this mall. All babies look the same until their like a year old." She said, "No, I mean he looks like he's lived a full life before". Then she walked away.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

Wouldn't the body/mind in some form "know" what the soul knows? and use that information to "nudge" us in the right direction? or would the feeling be more deep in our self?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte
Yes I think you could put it that way. The process won't end until you are self-realized. You will keep coming back over and over until you do.

Yeah see that I am not at all sure about. I think that might be a linear view, an illusion of the human mind. There is no way to know if individual souls really do reincarnate, or if it is just part of the illusion.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

Thank you for sharing that! i wonder if the woman was herself an old soul and could maybe recognize others like her?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join