It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can one tell if one is an"old soul"?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Don't think you are fair to say that! What is your authority on it!!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

WOULD PEOPLE STATE WHO THEY ARE REPLUNG TO?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I would have to say that I am very much enjoying this thread and thanks to the OP for starting it. To the thoughtful comments by Apacheman: I am not entirely convinced that the "soul" is purely electrical ; though I am convinced that that level of energy is entirely involved (and thouroghly downplayed by vested interests in the scientific establishment) and probably the most available to the current level of scientific assessment ( this is not an attempt at scientific trumping - rather the requirements of "soul: as defined result to my way of thinking in different conclusions). ( though one might want to go throught the assesment of how long an electrical residue could exist after it constituient conditions are removed, but i digress). I am at all time assailled by what you might call the most extreme of skeptical considerations ; whilst attempting to maintain my strong interest in these kinds of issues so please do not interpret me as attempting to throw cold water on these things in my view I am attempting to bring up logical and intuitional conclusions.

i would throw a wrench into the works now and say that there is much more to be learned about a given person than just their "soul age"; at least according the the Chelsea Quinn Yarbro books data. Also a previous poster mentioned something to the effect (i m too lazy now to look up the posters name on this thread) of consciousness being linked to multiple probabilities via the "alternate realities". I tend to think that this is a productive line of inquiry.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidself

No problem with skepticism or questions: good questions clarify issues and expose weak points.

I agree that the soul isn't just electrical: there are things going on at the quantum level that can't be defined that way. When I think about it, it seems that the quantum level of the soul is the proper place to look for the source of premonitions and the like: it is the place where we are all connected, and by all, I mean the rocks, trees, and bird farts, too.

But electrical is a convenient shorthand to describe the more readily apparent aspects of the soul. The term is part of that language difficulty I mentioned earlier: it isn't precisely what I mean, but as close as I can get in English. I'm told that Hopi is the best language for discussing physics as their verb forms include vibrational state components. I wish I knew it. I'm familiar with enough different languages to know that I often drop into one of them for a word that fits my thought better than any English ones do; a somewhat disconcerting habit for my friends, unfortunately.

Ever since I first ran across string theory and the idea of multiple universes (a very long time ago now, bless the memory of John W. Campbell, a truly superb editor), I've wrestled with how that effects the concept of a soul: would there be one super-soul per person and we are a shard of that? That way leads to some very messy thinking and requires some pretty creative math to account for energy movement across the multiverses. I'm inclined to think if anything, there may be a super-shadow (see, take a bow, I hadn't thought of it quite like that before...thanks), a [reflection] of multiple me's.

I'm more inclined to believe that each multiverse would have a separate set of souls, would have to have, each attuned to the vibrational frequency of that particular universe of the multiverse, otherwise....like I said it gets messy over there.

But hey, I'm still trying to figure out this set here: if there's multiple me's out there, they're on their own, lol.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by apacheman]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I would most enjoy if you would use or explain some of the terms from other languages; sometimes the attempt is worth more than you know. The whole quantum interpretation issue is very interesting. As I understand it the "brain" uses quantum nanotubules in some most interesting ways - as to relates to some aneasthesic issues.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Heya!
I normally just troll on ATS recently, but your thread made me remember my Step dad who is heavily into Urantia.
This probably wont help you on your quest. Me and my wife were talking to him and his family one night and he told me about how to tell what kind of soul you are. He asked me my birthday, and something else, I cant recall what, and did a bit of math and voila, I was either an old soul, or a young soul, or what have you. To be honest I really wasnt that interested, but I do remember vaguely

I spent a little bit of time Googling it to see if I could help you, but I couldn't find it, sorry.

If I see him soon I'll ask him.

For what its worth, I kind of likened the idea to a schoolyard game.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

I agree in that i disagree with the definitions put forth here regarding an old soul versus a younger soul.

Even though i think that, in a general sense, "souls," or similar patterns of energy that roughly define a "person" (or a series of like persons) are "reincarnated" (not specifically, but generally or partially or a composite of other "souls'" energies) and have to do with what a person learns. As an example, consider a typical human life, and the things that person learns during his or her life. Apply that to the concept of souls, and the totality of lives lived is equal (proportionally) to one human life; therefore, an "old soul" has to "live" multiple lives, and with each life gains something, learn something, so that it gets closer to "home," "true death," a return to "paradise," etc. Of course, it's ironic that these past lives are not remembered; it's more of an innate feeling.

Generally, and this is where i disagree with a few of the posts (but it's my personal experience), is that the degree of difficulties in life is proprotional to how old a soul is. The worse things that happen to you in your life, the older the soul. I feel that i have been around a long time (as a slave, a native american, etc) and i have had some bad things happen, although not as bad as some people (such as those during the Holocaust, those in wars, people in Africa, etc).

Of course, there is the--belief?--that old souls are cosmic beings, or star-children, who have elected to come to earth as humans for a specific purpose, and who knowing lose all identity of their former selves in order to become a human and experience "human-ness." These beings are sometimes said to agree to become a human in a particular painful situation to do a particular things that is either hard to accomplish to simply to overcome it.

Also, that when something happens in your life (say you are wrongly accused or persecuted, or you don't like to be told what to do (past slave), or you don't fit in), it makes you think that this has happened to you before. It's just a feeling, but it's a rather strong feeling.

How does one know if one is an "old soul?" Well, i am not sure that there is a concrete answer to that. I would say that your life experience, as you live life, will trigger things that make you feel unlike most people. This is why i disagree with the post that if you are content and well off you are an old soul. Old Souls, as i see them, tend to be outside the mainstream. They are not content with white picket fences and 9-5 jobs, but march to their own drummers, and generally do not fit into the mainstreem society (such as artists, poets, even some musicians).

That's kind of how a feel about it all, and it's hard to properly describe.

*Shrug*

Hope that makes sense to someone.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Lots of truth being passed on in this thread.

As a person that has vacationed in the afterlife after a severe accident in my 20's, I add my voice to those that say it is nothing to be afraid of.

In a twist of irony, the woman I love is terrified of death. It is something that always seems to creep up on her and keep her awake at night just when she thinks she has it beat. Like I always tell her, its not something to be afraid of, in fact, it will probably be the most amazing and profound moment of your life.

To get back to the subject of the OP, I dont know for sure if there is such a thing as an old soul, but I definately think we all have a purpose.

Anyone that has been through a near death experience knows that you cant take much back with you, but one thing that really stuck with me was that all of the entities on the other side were going crazy congratulating me on doing a great job. I don't remember what it was that I was doing/supposed to do that they were so happy about as you get kind of compressed and lose most of your memories and senses when you return. One thing is for sure though, we are here for a purpose and things in our current lives definately have meaning to our greater selves.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
i liked the descripitons of the souls posted by Daniem.I found myself in the descripiton of the "old souls".What is intrigue me is that some years ago i used to have a work collegue which was very passioned about horroscopes,astrology,etc.She told me , after an analysys of my horoscope that i am an "ending life soul" and after this life will be no life for me on Earth.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Hm...when ever I dream, most of the time, I see glimpses of my future. For real, no joke. Not far into the future, just like what I'd be doing that day. Pretty weird...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Thanks again to all who have responded with sincerity, my mind has been opened up greatly with all of the insight and possibility. I feel comfortable knowing that many share an interest in this subject( or at least care enough to give it a thought)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
what I find hard to understand is, that, with more people alive now, than throughout recorded history, and souls supposedly passed on to the next person whenone dies, that who ever is regressed has multiple prevoius lives, so where do all the new souls come from, that have previous lives?

Souls have thousands of incarnations on earth, which is only one of the many worlds to have experience on. They are not new souls for each incarnation, it is the same soul.

Souls also have multiple incarnations on the earth at the same time. This is so because a Soul is massive and extremely powerful.

When reincarnating, the soul simply sends the small portion of it's awareness into the physical, again, after choosing what type of life options it wants to experience this time around.

There is no need for new sols to be created as there are millions of experience worlds available to choose from already, and souls ascending from one of them can then choose to come here, etc. Just as all of us have already.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

Originally posted by Tayesin
Question 1: There are no old or new souls. All souls came into being at the earliest dissemination of the universe/god/creative awareness. The only way a soul could be considered New, is if it is newly arrived to this experience world we call earth. Therefore, an 'old soul' is one that is already experiencing here.

Most people using the terms old and new soul do so to instill a feeling of spiritual superiority in themselves, so the usage is driven by unbalanced Ego.

With all due respect, this makes no sense from either a physical or metaphysical sense. You are saying that all souls were born simultaneously with no allowance made for population growth (physical) on the one hand and no room for growth or experience differentials on the other (metaphysical).

So far as the other...describing a reality doesn't necessarily involve ego, unbalanced or otherwise, any more than identifying a particular rock, plant or animal does. What's so superior about being old? That and a couple (! siiiiiggghhhh) of bucks will get you a cup of coffee. "Old soul", as I've pointed out before, doesn't naturally mean wise or good, it just means you've survived longer than most and are more aware of it than most. Most "old souls" I've met are healthily cynical, mostly humble, and fairly tight-mouthed about it. No big. I might point out that having a website through which to dispense the wisdom of the ages might point to a bit of an ego issue; that's just me though.

Hi Apacheman,
We do not have to include the creation of new souls just to fit the perception of physical population growth my friend. There are abundant numbers of souls on all worlds, many of which will make there way to Here sooner or later for the unique experiences this provides, just as we have and I am sure we will go elsewhere when we are finished with here.

Why would a perfect soul need to grow or evolve? If it's only task is to experience creations and in so doing supply the creative force with experience of itself, it would not need to evolve.

The comment on unbalanced ego is about the perceptions of self as being superior spiritually and therefore an old soul, as shown by the many who make such claims.

Your old soul friends may well find they are not to keep their mouths shut now, as it is time for sharing in the world in order to assist everyone in waking up.

My website is there for one reason only Apacheman, and that is to provide simple methods to awaken that work for the majority of people, to as many people as possible around this world who wish to try the methods. How about you? Will you try them out for 30 days too? You will be surprised at the clarity and strength you will find for yourself.

Also, you will find in reading info on my site that it is not the wisdom of the ages you see, much of it disagrees with the belief-systems we have been toiling under for the past 10 millenia or more. It is info that breaks through belief-systems in an attempt to clarify our previous misperceptions.

Be well my friend.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Tayesin]

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
don t worry. not all old soul are so #ing full of themselves. lol. oh god er oh # it has to be more than one sentence.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
William Blake's words in his poem "The Auguries of Innocence" offer (in my opinion) a Zen infused diffuse reflection of this particular topic, which I shall now offer for consideration ~

"The Auguries of Innocence"

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
An old soul is characterized by its ability to empathize, I believe. I feel like an old soul and my fiance was told that myself and her are souls who have known one another for a very long time. I can often take an educated guess as to what age a person's soul is. Self-serving, naive, treacherous people are clearly 'new to the game'. It actually helps one to not despise them so fully, knowing that they're merely inexperienced, not necessarily evil or negative. Give them a few lifetimes and they'll be as compassionate as an older soul.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

if this is true , the annihilation of a soul is too horrific to imagined , those poor people . If a soul does exist I hope this part of your theory is wrong .

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

Wow,

That was incredible, I've always been interested in why people say they feel I'm "wise beyond my years", great breakdown of everything, I've re-read it over and over lol.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

In some respects, we are all old souls, we have all existed before this life from day one, the big bang whatever you want to call it and will continue to exist forever and ever in some form or other. Well that's what I beleive anyway. However, I assume she meant you've been here more than a few times. I prefer to call those souls that have been here more than a few times seasoned veterans, rather than old souls because that makes more sense.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

It's when you want to sleep with your Kindergarten teacher, but you realize that you're too old for her, or that she's too young.

Do you have a jillion lines streaking from your thumb, across your palm, criss crossing the life line?

edit on 21-3-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join