It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How could anyone have supported John McCain after he proposed a spending freeze?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Remember he said he would propose a spending freeze on all things except for something like soldier benefits or something like that? It was absolutely ridiculous. I can't see how so many people... over 50 million people supported him even after he said something as ridiculous as that. I understand fiscal conservatism but is fiscal conservatism really the change we needed at that point in time in our economic crises?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The last I checked, John McCain lost the election.

His political platform is of little consequence now.

Besides, you have provided no objective data to support your claim and by which anyone could base an argument one way or the other.

What we should be discussing is the future Barack Obama has planned for the US.

That is what is relevant.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Yeah, I'd have to agree. At this point it is irrelevant what McCain proposed.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
well, we sure do not need unfettered spending of money that we do not have. All the government does is spend and spend and when they run out of money, they just raise taxes or come up with some other bogus way of extorting money from you and I. The government should stick to spending money on things mandated by the constitution... as it is now, the treasury and fed has unlimited ability to spend and print money. There is no oversight. These crooks are stealing the wealth of our nation right before our eyes and selling us down the river. Obama... Mcain... outward face to the same crooks... Though Obama was right about one thing... change is coming. However, I do not think it will be a change the majority will like.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hm. Seems like McCain might have listened to Peter Schiff on this one, because money doesn't grow on trees or something like that.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

That must have been exactly what he was thinking when he voted FOR the first bailout which lost him the election.

But like the above posters stated..it's irrelevant now anyway.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Maybe it's irrelevant now but it still is worth thinking about. Spending a lot is bad but I don't see how not spending at all on the important issues could help us right now.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

As has been said multiple times now, it is an irrelavent topic anymore, but to answer your question, clearly alot of people disagreed with you. Im not one of them but there were obviously lots of people who agreed with his politics.

Thats all there is too it really. People voted for John McCain because they felt he was the best person for the job...Just like many people voted for Obama because they felt he was the best person for the job.

So thats why over 50 million people voted for McCain...

For what its worth I didnt vote for either of them... I did vote though.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Last time i checked we are 53 Trillion dollars in debt. That's 53,000,000,000,000. That's a LOT of zeros. How in the hell are we ever going to pay that back. We can't continue to pile up on this. It has to stop.

I don't know about you..but i'm sick of my government taking my money and doing whatever the hell they want with it.....you know...like starting wars and huge social programs that go bankrupt. I especially love paying into social security i'll never receive.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
i could actually support his spending freeze,,,,, and it did go over well in primaries,,,,at least according to those cnn dial thingies.....in fact i bet barack wish he thought of that line first,,,,,as he came back with the scalpel line

it's every other one of mcQuack's policies i couldn't support,,,,,,therefore i wrote in ron paul

what's worse that nutcase alan keyes got like 40,000 votes in california alone

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I really don't see what's so wrong with a spending freeze. If you want fiscal responsibility from your government, it has to start somewhere. This government is spending itself and the country into oblivion. We're set to run a debt under year 1 of Obama that's twice as large as any under Bush. Where does it stop?

Until the government stops spending money that it does not have, its going to continue devaluing the dollar and hurting the very people these stupid 'stimulus' programs are aimed at. They're merely delaying the inevitable and are likely digging the bottom much deeper than it has to be.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by vor78]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

How could anyone support McCain with a running mate like Dumb Bunny?

People see what they want to see and that is why the human species is so easily enslaved.

new topics

top topics

join