It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st person/3rd person "Dreams" of military ops & memory blocking

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Do you have recurring dreams in which:

1. you see people in military uniform?
  2. you are either in combat or combat training maneuvers?
  3. you are fully conscious in the experience, but are not the “normal you”, your perspective is in some ways juvenile vs. your normal one but at the same time you have knowledge and skills your normal self does not?
  4. you find a hard time discerning if you are experiencing in the 1st person vs. 3rd person and/or switch between the two?
  5. you feel that as comfortable and as familiar being “that you” is, that person and the experiences are incredibly unfamiliar and difficult to recall when awake?

Many of us on ATS have shared stories with commonalities following the points above. Are these clues pointing us to a real and substantial base of common experiences or is this some hitherto undocumented, common artifact of the unconscious?

Can we share and discuss them to clearly define that base without spiraling into irrelevant tangents and bickering?

I am willing to stay on this thread and see it through. I’ll work with the mods to reign in what will likely be a controversial hot-spot of believers, debunkers, spoilers and the curious to keep us on topic.

Let’s see if I’ve hit a nerve.

All that I know is that I know nothing -Socrates

[edit on 10-1-2009 by SuperSpark]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I used to have dreams of that nature quite often when i was a very heavy battlefield 1942 addict (years ago)

my dreams were of the actual game itself tho

I can not recall any dreams in the last few years that are of this nature however, as I havent been playing shooter games much.

I am sorry this is probably not what your looking for, but you did remind me of my BF1942 dreams, which were pretty crazy. I guess I played the game a bit too much.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

lol///

ii hated the iwa jima dreams tbh LOL

oh wait no battle for midway.. omg i hated that

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by theresult

you knuckle/jar heads!

please keep this on subject. thank you tho!! I had to quit Warcraft because of that crap! grown men shouldn't be playing those games anyway! we get enough mind games from the women in our lives!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
  • you see people in military uniform? - Yes
  • you are either in combat or combat training maneuvers? - No
  • you are fully conscious in the experience, but are not the “normal you”, your perspective is in some ways juvenile vs. your normal one but at the same time you have knowledge and skills your normal self does not? - Yes
  • you find a hard time discerning if you are experiencing in the 1st person vs. 3rd person and/or switch between the two? - Yes
  • you feel that as comfortable and as familiar being “that you” is, that person and the experiences are incredibly unfamiliar and difficult to recall when awake? - Maybe

I had a dream maybe two years ago where I was in my kitchen and a man in military uniform was there. He questioned me about something and told me about an operation with a code that I don't remember (I may have written it down, will check later). I think he assaulted me and I woke up. I will try and remember what he said, and I think he told me his name.

It was very very different than my other dreams normally are.

• posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:37 PM
    link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

• you see people in military uniform? - Yes
  • you are either in combat or combat training maneuvers? - No
  • you are fully conscious in the experience, but are not the “normal you”, your perspective is in some ways juvenile vs. your normal one but at the same time you have knowledge and skills your normal self does not? - Yes
  • you find a hard time discerning if you are experiencing in the 1st person vs. 3rd person and/or switch between the two? - Yes
  • you feel that as comfortable and as familiar being “that you” is, that person and the experiences are incredibly unfamiliar and difficult to recall when awake? - Maybe

I had a dream maybe two years ago where I was in my kitchen and a man in military uniform was there. He questioned me about something and told me about an operation with a code that I don't remember (I may have written it down, will check later). I think he assaulted me and I woke up. I will try and remember what he said, and I think he told me his name.

It was very very different than my other dreams normally are.

• its all fun like i said befor i dreamed the same thing some radom guy on ats did.. we both played bf1942...

its just a function you dream stuff...

and his post did make me laugh alot lol

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:44 PM
    link   

To many cultures, dreams are more than stuff.
    That dream bothered me and I wrote it down. I've written hundreds of dreams down, and I don't really think it is as random as it could be.
    I dream about as much as I function in waking life, so, I am not one to judge what is frivolous and what is not in terms of reality and what not.

Dreams may just be neurons firing... but then again, that is what waking perception is, too.

[edit on 1/10/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:55 PM
    link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

I dream about as much as I function in waking life, so, I am not one to judge what is frivolous and what is not in terms of reality and what not.

Thank you for your honest post. Don't feel that other posts are trying to diminish your experience. They meant no insult at all. They are speaking from their own unique experiences. That is all.

There will be other future posters who will insult both you and others that share here though. Don't take it personally as it will only take us off subject.

The fact that this dream was so different than your others. You obviously keep a log and know your dream patterns well...

I suspect MANY more have had the more limited experience as you described, seeing and interacting with men in military uniform But...

My question to you relates to your "maybe" answer. Why would he be telling you about a military op and its code? Why would he be there at all? What have you really forgotten?

THAT is what this thread is about friend. Wait for more people to share here. You'll be surprised at the numbers, trust me. We'll all work to get to the crux of it.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by SuperSpark]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:56 PM
    link   
    Yep, when I go upstairs I will skim through my 3 dream journals and see what I can find for you, okay?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:19 PM
    link   
    Do you suppose it is MKULTRA kind of stuff? Just how many people have they corrupted?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:42 PM
    link   
    reply to post by antar

Let's be optimistic and ask how many people they have effected. If what you don't know can't hurt you, most of them have nothing to worry about.

Seriously though, its too widespread to be a fluke. I have only two reasonable theories if we can discard mass delusion (especially since most of these people have never heard of someone else experiencing such a thing).

a) Its some kind of new archetype invading the subconscious minds of 1000's; or

b) Some military organization, by most reports, mostly American and British is interacting with the minds of many private citizens in the wee hours of the night.

So many questions abound.

Is it mundane science? MK-ULTRA like efforts of finding the right combinations of chemicals, electrical impulses, conditioning, compartmentalization, psychic driving and electronic or chemical dissolution of memory?

Is it more ethereal? These people all report experiences during sleeping and dreaming. Are they being abducted in their sleep physically? Are they being manipulated in their beds remotely? Are they being abducted in their astral or subtle body?

These are the things we need to know.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by SuperSpark]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:04 AM
    link   
    hehe

ah the joy!!

infintiy line is here >

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:34 PM
    link   
    Hi SuperSpark.

As you asked me to comment in this thread I will:

1. you see people in military uniform?Yes on occation
    2. you are either in combat or combat training maneuvers? No but sometimes people around me are
    3.you are fully conscious in the experience, but are not the “normal you”, your perspective is in some ways juvenile vs. your normal one but at the same time you have knowledge and skills your normal self does not? No I feel that more often in my 'normal' self
    4.you find a hard time discerning if you are experiencing in the 1st person vs. 3rd person and/or switch between the two? Yes often
    5. you feel that as comfortable and as familiar being “that you” is, that person and the experiences are incredibly unfamiliar and difficult to recall when awake? No

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:47 PM
    link   
    reply to post by IAmD1

Thanks IAM!!! Thanks for the feedback!

Could you share any of the dreams that involved people in military uniforms please?

Also, I want to explore this 1st person / 3rd person perspective confusion, but I think we'll hold back on that part until we have a lot more dreams/experiences to review.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:23 PM
    link   
    Yep here are some dreams provided by others from the thread: Dreams of the NWO

Here are some osts from that thread to this one:

Ordered Choas stated:
    In the first, I was with a number of people I don't know in a huge cinderblock room. I believe part of it may be underground, and inside there was better than a hundred toilets ( I know, weird). All these toilets were in six or seven different rows, and the overall design was akin to bleachers at a football game, each row you go gets higher than the last. Everyone was forced to use the bathroom at the same time and on schedule.

12.21.12 stated:

Okay I have had some dreams about the camps and maybe I can add some to this, because I think that I have been to more than one if not several.

The one thing that I do remember about one specifically is that it was very much like a jail or a prison. Now, like Nazi Germany some of the prisoners had different jobs than others and some different privileges.

In my case I must have said some of the right things or something because I had privileges to actually leave during the day and go work somewhere and I had a room that was nice compared to the fish tank area where I did also stay at one point. But I had a room that was away from the general population and clean sheets and privacy. Of course I had to report to these people and if they had suspected I had escaped they would have no choice but to come looking for me. It was like going through the work release program. Anyhow for the privileged people like myself, we would come back in the evenings and store our belongings in bins that had their own locks and all that jazz.

TasteTheMagick stated:

My friend Kara and I are driving in a car. The car is really beat up and the sky is this dark overcast type of color. I feel like I haven't seen sunlight in the longest time. We're talking but I can't remember really what about because that's when I notice the buildings. All of them are very tall like skyscrapers and are made up of what looks like large glass panels. The panels are moving, changing color, advertising things.

We pass under a bridge covered in soot and get into a car crash. Kara and I leave the car, checking to see that we are both ok. Suddenly there are men surrounding us, we both recognize them as police type men but they're not in typical uniforms.

I hear the words "Effective immediately" come off a walkie talkie on one of the men and two of them wrestle Kara and I to the ground. The man holding me down places one of my hands out palm side down. I feel a burning and I scream. The men let us go and Kara and I see that on our right hands we both now have a mark seared into our hands. I don't remember what the mark was exactly. I don't know why I can't remember.

I only used the posts with the people I email the most often. I trust them and they are incredibly honest people. To view more check out the thread and take your time in doing so.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:38 PM
    link   
    Petty Officer Gonzalez:

Date: Nov 23 2007

Once again I was in the middle of dreaming in an introspective way when I “popped” into a “husk” or another human’s body, I was in a suit, an African American, with a gold watch on my left hand. I realized this by looking at my body to get a gauge of “rule” of this reality which was very much “real life” or “conscious life” in feel. That being I felt like a normal mortal human being. I seemed to have entered this body while in route to a hangar which is when I realized I was on some kind of air base. I noticed a young man working on a propeller plane of some kind. He seemed oddly over dressed to be working on a plane but seemed to be taking due care while working not to get messed up. So I walked towards him and figured “hey this is a dream, I’ll see where I’m at by asking this guy.”

For some reason I thought I might have known him, or he would think it odd if I didn’t call him by name or rank. So I yelled to him “Petty Officer Gonzalez!” he didn’t seem to reply although I know he heard me. I was getting closer to him at this point and called it again, this time he knew I was talking to him so he climbed down and came towards me. As he neared me I could see he was of Latin descent and I asked him “You’re Petty Officer Gonzalez right?” to which he replied “No, actually I’m 1st Lieutenant ‘something or other(I forget what he said but he told me his actually name)’.” I figured being taller then him and black I figured I should tailor my response to this persona (I called it acting I guess). I laughed loudly and put my hand on his shoulder for a second and said “Oh man I’m sorry, I thought you where Petty Officer Gonzalez for some reason. Long day…But hey, can you tell me where *blank* (I forget what name I said but I want to say Roger something was his first name, but I asked for him by rank and last name) is?” He looked at me kind of funny and said “He should be right over there” pointing towards inside the hangar I was heading towards.

I continued past the 1st Lt. towards the hangar which was about 30 yards from the plane out in front where I was talking to the Lt. Just as I entered this un-remarkable hangar I saw a service man mopping the floor listening to the music playing. He was also African American, looked to be in his late 30’s or early 40’s and I knew this was the guy. I approached him and asked are you *blank*? He looked up startled for a moment but relaxed just as quickly as he was startled and say something to the effect of “the one and only.” I chuckled and said, “What do you know about all these black helicopters flying through here lately?” With that question his eye widened with delight and said “Oh you’re into UFO’s?! Come check this out!” I thought it weird him being so excited and willing to answer in that way let alone just walk me over to something on the subject which lead me to believe he wasn’t well “tied in” so to speak but he definitely thought he had some pertinent information. So I followed him as he lead me past another small plane in the hangar towards the middle of the structure past a partial chain link fence with shop plastic dividing the structure in two sections. He lead me left along the chain fence towards a sort of storage area. When I entered I could tell this was sort of his “office’ where he had all types of conspiracy/ufo/paranormal articles neatly organized around his area. He started handing me documents, pictures etc, one of which was a printed version of the Majestic 12 documents. I had just been introduced to them on the net which allowed me to “check” my physical status to my body. At that time I could tell I was lying on my side and I could hear the game that was being played in my room while I slept. I redirected my focus back to the documents he handed me, however now he was digging for something in particular while saying how he had been waiting for me and that no one wanted to believe him etc all the while. I placed the documents on his desk which was right in front of me. He then turned around and handed me an ID card. It seemed transparent in parts, and the rest of it was metallic grey and yellow. The base color was the grey and the yellow was sort of stripped across. There was a symbol on the left side, and a picture on the right. The picture was not him, but of some white guy in a suit. I asked him where he got it from and he said “oh it was some civilian’s that got fired.” It was then a sort of “alarm” went off in my head that some one was on to what I was doing and looking into. So I gave the card another good scan while he rambled on about something else, I handed the card back and said I’d better go. I turned and took a step out of the chain-link cage/storage area when it seemed an actual alarm or siren went off. I thought, surely this was for me…oh well.

I strolled out towards the middle of the hangar again and two more guys in suits came walking up, one looked for stern and annoyed at me, the other was trying to fight from laughing out loud at the situation. Judging by their reactions I figured they where there to get me, and at the same time “grunts” in black where running towards the man I was just talking but where not interested with me. They didn’t seem like they where going to physically arrest me, but it definitely seemed like I broke some kind of rule or something. They where both white guys, the one who was laughing had dirty blonde hair and the one who seemed to be getting madder every second had darker brown hair. No one was detaining me so I simply walked up to them and stood to the left of the dark haired guy (dirty blond was to his right). I just stood there kind of nodding with my hands on my waist in a sort of approval since they seemed to be acting as if the situation is under control, other then it was obviously me who caused the situation. The dirty blonde guy started to laugh more openly which seemed to enrage the dark haired guy even more. He looked at me like “Am I going to detain you?” so I took out my ID and gun and handed it to him. He took them from and almost seemed to calm down for a second, but as he looked at the ID and got somewhat enraged.

He then took the ID in his hand and threw it in disgust. I looked at him puzzled at his reaction and Dirty Blonde looked shocked as well. It was then I could tell he wanted to attack me, so I started to get in a defensive posture just incase as I was not going to take a beating from this up-tight asshole. To which he decided to throw a somewhat lack-luster kick at me, which I blocked effortlessly. That seemed to only antagonize him and he started to flurry kicks at my knees and mid section which I blocked every attempt but I still being forced backwards while I evaded. He was about to have me backed into some lockers that where directly behind me which would be bad. At this time I created a channel of sorts to my conscious-self still asleep on the bed for reassurance that I was in fact still dreaming to sort of get permission to attack from my conscious self as well as affirmation that my physical body was safe. It was then I heard the syncopated music from the game being played in the room and capoiera came to my mind. All of this happened within a fraction of an instant while I was being pressured into the lockers by Darky. When I snapped back to my “Black guy” body for my counter attack to his onslaught, I turned my back towards my attacker and used the lockers to jump backwards and come down on him with a kick on the head which floored him hard and fast. When I sprung back up to a sort of crouched “spiderman” pose I saw Darky out cold, it was then I figured I might have to fight the grunts too which didn’t necessarily bother me other then I really did not want to fight at all. However, while still in the moment I realized there seemed to be something new on my tail now that transcended this scene. (cont)...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:39 PM
    link   
    I thought it would be a good time to leave so I ran in the direction I entered the hangar shifting the “dimension” to the void/transitional portal to make my escape out of that reality.

As I came to the end of the portal hall way I noticed I was running into the hall way of my house only it seemed the field of view was wider as if I was very small. I seemed to grow as I ran down the hall and by the time I got the mid-point of the hallway I seemed to be normal size. I ran into the room where I could see my wife on the computer and my body lying on it’s side facing the window. I could sense something might be trying to follow through the portal in the hallway so I jumped over the bed and sort of hid behind my body and watched the hall to see what if anything would follow me. I honestly only expected to see residual characters from that event sort of phasing in and out of perception, but what I actually saw was quiet different.

As I watched the hallway, I saw a black figure, not a “shadow person” but seemingly slender human male in a suit archetype that ran down the hallway and seemingly out of the house. It was then a dream sign version of my wife turned to me as if she was sitting up in the bed next to me (even though I could see her physical body still at the computer) and said “you’re supposed to be sleeping.” I thought “oh yeah! It’s a good time to wake up I think” so I jumped into my body and woke up lying on my side just like I had saw myself lying there. As I opened my eyes I turned over my shoulder to see if my wife was at the computer, which she was, so I asked “where you just playing?” She said yes and it just froze so she decided to jump on the computer.

When I woke up the “alien” writing also appeared again on the ceiling again.

I have many more military stuff, but not sure what I should post quite honestly so probably won't do much.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:27 PM
    link   
    I have had two recurring dreams

- The first is one that I no longer get. I dream that it's WWII and I am a child in England. I'm about 5 years old. I am on a playground and I can see my mother and two of her friends standing beside the playground talking. This is NOT my mother in this life. The women all have those 1940's style dresses on. Then the airraid siren goes off. I look to my mother but she says to keep playing because 'those things always go off but nothing ever happens'. Then less than a minute later I blow up.

The other recurring dream is of the future. Massive numbers of tornados everywhere. Something has happened and there are tornados all over. I don't know what causes them, but the entire country is having to deal with them.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:30 PM
    link   
    As for memory blocking ... take a look at THIS THREAD .
    Different memories due to time line changes. I love this thread.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:58 PM
    link   
    Alright here's a dream I had about 2 years ago. That I have never forgotten.

Clearly Outside in a drive way, grass on the right and left side of the drive way, a few houses across the street (Obviously in a neighborhood), a picnic table in the driveway (some sort of BBQ is going on), with around 3-7 people and one blonde girl. One of the guys stands on the table and points towards the end of the street, a tank is rolling in. Airplanes over head and dropping smoke bombs, friend on table is shot. I turn and the blonde girl is jumping over the fence, I run over to help her over and then jump over myself. The others (I guess they were friends) take off down the street, soldiers begin to run from down the street to our location, they are not yelling at my friends who took off running down the street to stop they just open fire on everyone. The blonde and I take cover and crawl over to the other fence to the left of the backyard that we are in. A soldier jumps over the fence and she runs the soldier grabs me as I was just starting to run and he knocks me out. I woke up on a stopping train. Soldiers (A sort of flash begins here, like a dream in a dream, and shows Hitler’s face and then Nazi Swastikas) begin to take people out of the train (The train looked really weird, I was shackled to some sort of railing along with other people) and they escorted me off the train and the station is under some sort of make shift tent (So I assume the train and train station was outside) it’s some sort of registering station for us. We are forced to take an eye test, and other tests that I cannot remember, but when it was over; the reader of the tests says take him to the camp, the guy next to me gets sent to the room. The soldier walks me over and I start to lose focus I cannot remember if I was walking or if he was carrying me, but I end up getting into the camp and almost everyone is there, at least 100k people easily in the camp, then the dream shifts from first person view to bird’s eye view and the camp is filled with people. There is a 30 foot fence reinforced with steel bars and huge Barbed wire surrounding the area and on top of the fence.

The strange thing is that I never looked into conspiracy theories or anything before this, but now I am. I look everyone searching for answers. The dream was so weird and so real, I woke up and my heart was pounding the hardest it has every pounded. So weird.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join