It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dictionary for Arab-Israel Conflict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Media Dictionary: Arab-Israeli Conflict

Written by Mazin Qumsiyeh
A handy dictionary/rules book for anyone writing on the Middle East issues in the mainstream media. To get published as a news journalist,it seems you have to follow these rules.

Definitions:

Caught in the Crossfire: When Palestinian civilians are killed.
Retaliation: When Israeli army or settlers kill Palestinians.
Escalation: (synonym/can be used interchangeably with Provocation): Any act of violence or resistance by the Palestinians.
Murdered: When Israeli Civilians are killed.
Brutal/cowardly/ghastly: adjectives describing attacks on Israelis.

www.dying2live.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 10/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I found this while looking for more information into how the Media is covering this conflict and it in essence made me sick to the core.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I don't think many media sources follow this, as the MSM over here seems more supportive of the Palestinians than the Israelis right now.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I know its tongue in cheek mate, what made me sick was the fact it was meant to open your eyes up to how the media works with pointers and talking points and its what you actually see on TV in reality.

Why can't western media be made to uphold some kind of ethics and neutrality in cases of war instead of rolling out the propaganda machine so the atrocities can be perpetuated under the lawfulness of the state ?.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by mazzroth]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Is a reason why, just look at the massacre that is happening in the Gaza strip and that tells you why the media can not lie anymore.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well, here in the U.S. a majority of the MSM ditched the policy of neutrality and unbiased quite a long time ago. Funny how not many people complained about it during the Presidential elections, but now they are. Guess it matters on whether the biasing is tilted towards your stance or not as to whether you complain about it. I've determined people don't really want a neutral press, they really want to read what they like, because they also tend to complain about biasing when a news story actually isn't biased but doesn't reflect their stance on what the story should read.

Just my 2 cents worth.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Exactly, most people want an angle with a story presented in the news or they get bored too quickly. How pathetic has western society become when the average person on the street wants/needs to hear gossipy biased news presented in a format that idiots could understand ?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

its the first time i met an Australian racist. Your posts are absurd…

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fire Dragon
reply to post by mazzroth

its the first time i met an Australian racist. Your posts are absurd…

It is not the first time I have met a bigotted zionist.

By the way, please show us where exactly mazzroth made a racist comment?

Failing to respond will indicate that your insult was nothing more than another case of zionist blunderbuss slander tactics.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
He used the racist line on another thread also.

Nice line by the way. Maybe that can be added to the dictionary also.

Anti-semetic: a zionist blunderbuss slander tactic.

new topics

top topics

join