It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal examples of collective consciousness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I would like to know if any members have any personal experience with the idea of a collective consciousness. Did you ever do anything or experience something that directly related to a world event?

An example might be you felt compelled to draw a picture of the WTC the day before the attack. I guess its similar to a prediction but you didn't know it was at the time.

I'm curious to see if any members might have overlapping experiences.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
[edited]

I've actually conclude that all is about some interpretation of life as an anti-mirror.

And as so a common faculty in human specie.

[edit on 10/1/2009 by Netzar]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
As a supporter of the ideas of collective consciousness, I have a few instances of dreaming about earthquakes or tsunamis before they have happened. There have been many examples of this in my life, even with things about just -knowing- something will happen, like that Obama would be elected before I had even supported him.

Weird stuff.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Through my ASP and meditation i have come accross alot of visions or experiences that i could later relate to a world event that happened. But the whole picture was never there, it was like reading Nostradamus and then next day it happened.

I also had a dream of a massive storm in 2003, and alot of the pictures i saw, i could swear i saw them during the Katrina incident the following year.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Pretty cool responses.

I'm leaning toward using world events because it's something we all experience. So if Joe painted a picture of a tsunami on Dec 25 2004 and Sally dreamed of one the same night there could be some comparison.

Do any of you have specific dates?

The reason I posted this was my own experience that got me interested in the topic. Honestly I feel a little weird writing it down but its not fair to ask other people to share when i didn't so anyway.

I was taking some college courses and myself and a friend decided we would set a goal of getting accepted to study abroad in London. Before I went to sleep I wanted to put a background on my computer of the London Skyline for motivation. I couldn't find one I liked so for whatever reason I put a picture of the WTC. That was around 11:00 pm Sept 10, 2001.

Coincedence? Probably, but you never know.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by drock905]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Carl Jung`s writing blew me away when i first read them in my teens , sometimes taking a week to read a few pages, but very rewarding . Man , i can still remember the crazy vivid dreams that followed ~
~

The " 100 monkey rule " was the first bit of experimental data i had come across , but alas it was not what it was reported to be . More sensationalism than science ... before the Internet , it was a lot easier to be deceived .

The last interesting experiment i heard about C.S,involved crossword puzzles .
Allegedly ,crossword puzzles are easier to do on the second day , as supposedly so many people had already done the crossword the first day somehow making it easier on the following day. Well that was the thinking behind it anyway.
It could be another statistical anomaly for all i know , if it even exists.

Perhaps someone would have fun hunting down that experiment/paper.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I regularly "invent" things, (in the conceptual realm only) and write them down, or draw a little picture, or something of that sort, and promise myself that someday I will actually build one.

I am regularly pissed off with myself, when a couple years later my "invention" suddenly appears on the market.

(Or someone else spouts off a philosophy I have "invented" and written down but never published.)

I suspect that in both cases, the idea for the "invention" is in the collective consciousness, and what has really happened is that more than one individual has downloaded that idea. You actually see it quite often in science and in philosophies religious and otherwise. (simultaneous or darn close to it creation of things or ideas in multiple sources at nearly the same time who have no physical access to one anothers ideas)

Edit to add;
The most recent physical occurrence of this was a few years back. I was raking leaves and had a garbage bag inside of a garbage can, and everytime I would dump in the leaves, the bag would collapse into the can and I would have to pull it back up and over the edge of the can again.

Analyzing the problem, I thought how great it would be if there were someway to put the bag on the outside, and the support for the bag on the inside of the bag so that the leaves would not pull the bag down. So, I conceptualized a slim sheet of plastic that could be rolled up, inserted into the inside of the bag, and then released so that it would expand the bag from the inside out, allowing leaves to fill the bag, and then when done, the plastic sheet could be pulled out of the bag leaving the leaves inside. (It would also prevent sticks from poking through the bag while compacting.

About two years later, while in the home improvement store, lo and behold, there was "my" invention just waiting to be bought. Not a world shaking event, to be sure, but one of those concrete things that make you go hmmm.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Jung's ideas are pretty amazing. I agree though it can be a struggle to read. Collective consciousness, synchronicity is great stuff.

Collective consciousness is fascinating.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Jung's ideas are pretty amazing. I agree though it can be a struggle to read. Collective consciousness, synchronicity is great stuff.

Collective consciousness is fascinating.

He was an intriguing man C. Jung , if memory serves me he had a wife and a mistress both living under the same roof .
My hero !

During his " confrontations with the unconscious" i believe he said that he very nearly went insane .
Yes Dr. Jung and Carlos Castaneda between them supplied me with unparalleled wonder.
Still do , but for different reasons today, that and the fact that i smoked then... cough cough

new topics

top topics

join